Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New game service VOID  (Read 7716 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: New game service VOID
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 08:36:24 pm »

As someone who never has used gametap, what got ruined?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 08:50:09 pm »

As someone who never has used gametap, what got ruined?
GameTap did.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 08:52:04 pm »

What about it, though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 09:27:55 pm »

Yeah, cautiously optimistic. If it does exactly what it says "Play games for free for ads beforehand" then hell yeah, all the more power to them. As long as they can avoid creeping into more shady stuff then I'd say it'd be pretty nice.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 09:29:40 pm »

What about it, though?

I'd say "everything".

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 02:25:06 am »

I don't get all the negativity in this thread. Yeah, watching ads sucks but spending money sucks even more. And if their game selections sucks (it probably will) just don't use the service, it's not like you'll have to watch an ad before you go to sleep after you signed up but decided not to use it anymore.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 03:11:19 am »

I just don't see how it could be profitable for AAA games, so it's probably only stuff that already gets an ad-supported release elsewhere that'll be on it.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 03:16:12 am »

I just don't see how it could be profitable for AAA games, so it's probably only stuff that already gets an ad-supported release elsewhere that'll be on it.
Ad-supported release? The only games I can think of fitting the definition are flash games on various portals like Newgrounds and Kongregate. What did you mean?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 05:04:39 am »

Ad-supported release? The only games I can think of fitting the definition are flash games on various portals like Newgrounds and Kongregate. What did you mean?
Well, maybe he's talking about games that are F2P with ads.

However, it will probably be a collection of relatively low popularity games mixed with really, really bad games. In the whole mix, you may find one or two pearls, but overall, not so great. That's how ad-supported systems usually go.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 07:44:23 am »

What about it, though?

I'd say "everything".
That only matters if you know what "everything" is.  I swear, it can be so hard to get an answer out of these forums sometimes...  What was it, what was good about it, and what went wrong?

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 08:52:59 am »

That only matters if you know what "everything" is.  I swear, it can be so hard to get an answer out of these forums sometimes...  What was it, what was good about it, and what went wrong?

+1

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 11:03:31 am »

Some games on it that interest me are
Men of War 1 (although I own it)
Europa Universalis 1 (Always wanted to try old school EU)
Europa Universalis 2 (Don't own, might be fun)
Europa Universalis: Rome (Own it but still a fun game)
Hearts of Iron 1 + 2 (Own 2, not 1)
Crusader Kings 1 (Own it, but a good choice I suppose for people thinking about getting CK2)

Games I don't know will interest me but might surprise me
Majesty Gold Edition
Freight Tycoon
Valhalla Chronicles
Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come
Wars and Warriors: Joan of Arc
Korea: Forgotten Conflict
Seven Kingdoms Conquest
Konung 2
Disciples 2 Dark Prophecy
Against Rome
Silent Heroes

Obviously i'm biased in my gaming taste, mainly leaning towards strategist and Paradox Fanboy
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 11:43:53 am »

It shows me a black screen, opens up internet explorer (which I never use), brings up an advertisement for world of warcraft then force quits out of the game.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 12:51:47 pm »

You can't click on the ad or it closes it and takes you to the page, just let it load without touching.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 01:28:42 pm »

I'm surprised by how irrationally angry people get at the mere idea of watching one minute of ads. It's not really a big deal - you could even walk away for a minute while it plays through.
Pages: 1 [2] 3