Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Planar Power RTD [Turn 3: Grand Forms]  (Read 7567 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Planar Power RTD [Turn 1: Pretty Bubbles]
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2012, 03:35:00 am »

Joy: Yay.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:41:20 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2012, 03:40:17 am »

((I'm sorry for what happened before, it seems i misread the rules. Also, the "fix the corruption" thing meant to fixate, to embed the coruption))
-Create nodes for the winds where they can revolve without colliding with eachother and classify them by element.
-Make sure the corrupted lands have at least one pure magic node.
-Create a great fire magic node in a barren area devoid of corruption, and use the fire wind to make it a desert

I shall arrange the winds so they spin over nodes, giving one to Nassermedin as a sign of an alliance to keep the magic flowing. Later i will make myself a great fire node to be my home.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2012, 06:12:46 am »

So, do I just start posting or do I appear next turn?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2012, 06:17:14 am »

((@NightS: If you are sticking nodes into my corruption, you better accept some more chaos inside your lands. Because you are not helping me, the magic node thing only helps you.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2012, 06:25:21 am »

((@Caellath: It should allow you to get access to magic more easily, but remember that the winds of magic already carry some inherent corruption. If you don't want it, just tell me. You can also corrupt the magic node to make it a chaos node, i'm not against that. It's your node after all.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2012, 06:45:08 am »

So, do I just start posting or do I appear next turn?
Yeah, go ahead and jump in now. You start with 8 Power like everyone else.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2012, 03:03:48 pm »

The bluish cloud appeared, as the cloud of red and black dissipated. It looked over its surroundings. Chaos. Golden architecture covered the land, and where it didn't, plants so thick they might as well be called jungles dominated. And just under all this scent of nature and luxury was the smell of chaos...Too much of it in fact. Course, that could be put to good use...

But It would have to adapt, it guessed. It looked around the area, finding out what else was in this world. It found that there were others like it in this world. Some had strengthened the Chaos, while others had tried weaken it. Indeed, she found an area with no Chaos of any sorts...

Further on, It found something that was not of gold or a plant, bipedal lizards. They seemed a bit...dull. But It also sensed that something like It had created them. To take some of these creatures would be...theft? Kidnapping? It did not know. It mattered not.

Take several of the lizards away from the main group and spirit them away to Nameless Region IV. If any power left, increase their intelligence to neolithic times. Implant within their minds a curiosity of learning...and that the best current option would be to serve the cloud of bluish gas hovering near them.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2012, 08:09:44 am »

(First things first, may I make a.. teeny-tiny amendment to my description of my form? Tapering, upswept, pointed ears.)

In my image, I shall create a group of beings... I shall imbue in them a sense of balance, of justice, of devotion and loyalty. They shall partake in my Sphere, and in doing so give me power! I shall give them intelligence, the will to make their own decisions. I will spend all of my power, in this single act of creation!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2012, 10:27:41 pm »

Turn 2: Places of Power

"...Okay. New approach."

Reform the Core of Breaking into one more suitable for my needs. Connect the new core to the isolated parts on the surface.

Expand on the machinery in Nameless Region, creating a complex to slowly siphon ambient energy from the area around it, such as magical wind or corruption. Name: Conduit Pratham.

Create a refinery deep under the earth to convert siphoned magic into Divine Power. Name: Thaumaturgery Eredan.

[2] You fail to meaningfully affect the Core, other than making it a bit more pleasantly-shaped.

[6+1] You successfully connect the Core to the machinery at the surface, turning the entire thing into one giant machine. Needless to say, that's currently a Very Bad Thing.

[1+1] You make some of the machinery a bit more weather vane shaped.

-3 Power

"I need power~"

Make the corruption generate energy for me. Enpower the action.
[5+2] You graft yourself into the corruption, turning it into your body. Your fortunes now rise and fall with its success.

-3 Power
Power Source Gained: Body of Corruption

"Entropy. The scion of life.

Nassermedin, you have vision."

Imbue that region with my essence, especially it's waters.

Extend the 'safety' of that less-tainted region outwards into surrounding land areas, preferably mountains.

Create a Sea, and make the lake extend to it, including it's power. That sea will act as a major part of my dome (power generation and belief) Spend as much power as needed to make sure that this help regenerate my powers, and if possible, any other spirit's power that wants to aid me here.

[3+1] You imbue the region, specifically the lake, with your essence. It is now sacred to you, and something of a home.

[1+1] You expand the warding effect, but only by weakening it at the edges. The result is an enlarged but less warded band around the normal part.

[5] Lacking the energy to empower your efforts, you nonetheless manage to create a power-enriching sea, which your lake flows into. It regenerates the power of any spirit residing within it.

-2 Power, -1 Power, -3 Power
Power Source Gained: Sacred Lake

Aklat saw that his creations were barely smart enough to clap two stones together; they would be useless for the next few centuries if left to their own devices. Too bad for them, because Aklat needed power then and there, not in the indefinite future.

Hardwire my lizards to worship everything red they see that's bigger than a bobcat. Descend to them and enjoy the sweet, sweet Power flowing into my being.

While I'm high on worship, accelerate the lizards' thinking processes as much as I can. When my creations find out they have lots of time to waste and very few things that need doing, they'll be forced to think of some new ways to spend time lest they face boredom - in other words, they'll have to develop intelligence whether they want to or not.

[6] You completely remove their ability to function in the presence of anything red, beyond writhing on the ground in frenzied worship. This makes it difficult for them to deal with certain animals and collections of flowers or fruit. Large quantities of blood is also not very productive.

You attempt to descend to meet them, but find that you cannot interact in that manner without a body of some sort. They can't see your incorporeal spirit form without additional aid.

[6] You accelerate their intelligence, which causes them to begin freaking out about mortality and lack of meaning in life and their bizarre necessity to worship anything red until they can't see straight.

-2 Power

((I'm sorry for what happened before, it seems i misread the rules. Also, the "fix the corruption" thing meant to fixate, to embed the coruption))
-Create nodes for the winds where they can revolve without colliding with eachother and classify them by element.
-Make sure the corrupted lands have at least one pure magic node.
-Create a great fire magic node in a barren area devoid of corruption, and use the fire wind to make it a desert

I shall arrange the winds so they spin over nodes, giving one to Nassermedin as a sign of an alliance to keep the magic flowing. Later i will make myself a great fire node to be my home.
[2+1] You create nodes throughout the region that stabilize but do not completely control the elemental winds.

[2+1] You create a rare smattering of pure magic nodes in the most corrupted region.

[2+1] You create a slightly larger than average fire node. It generates a drier than normal area, though it's not really a desert.

-3 Power

The bluish cloud appeared, as the cloud of red and black dissipated. It looked over its surroundings. Chaos. Golden architecture covered the land, and where it didn't, plants so thick they might as well be called jungles dominated. And just under all this scent of nature and luxury was the smell of chaos...Too much of it in fact. Course, that could be put to good use...

But It would have to adapt, it guessed. It looked around the area, finding out what else was in this world. It found that there were others like it in this world. Some had strengthened the Chaos, while others had tried weaken it. Indeed, she found an area with no Chaos of any sorts...

Further on, It found something that was not of gold or a plant, bipedal lizards. They seemed a bit...dull. But It also sensed that something like It had created them. To take some of these creatures would be...theft? Kidnapping? It did not know. It mattered not.

Take several of the lizards away from the main group and spirit them away to Nameless Region IV. If any power left, increase their intelligence to neolithic times. Implant within their minds a curiosity of learning...and that the best current option would be to serve the cloud of bluish gas hovering near them.

[5] You lure away and adjust several of the lizards, removing their red-worship and evening out their intelligence to not be so... distressing to them, as well as improving their curiosity and capacity to learn. They cannot see you in your current state, however.

-1 Power

(First things first, may I make a.. teeny-tiny amendment to my description of my form? Tapering, upswept, pointed ears.)

In my image, I shall create a group of beings... I shall imbue in them a sense of balance, of justice, of devotion and loyalty. They shall partake in my Sphere, and in doing so give me power! I shall give them intelligence, the will to make their own decisions. I will spend all of my power, in this single act of creation!
((Slight retcon accepted.))

[4+2] You create proud, arrogant, closed-minded militants, albeit very imposing, attractive, devoted, and loyal ones with a penchant for justice. They retain a slight spark of the divine, and are in many ways your children.

You can't figure out how to spend that extra bit of power on them, however.

-3 Power, -1 Power
Power Source Gained: Darasarrites

Spoiler: Spirits (click to show/hide)

Nameless/locationless creations will now receive default names and most likely be plopped down in Nameless Region I. They may be renamed later, but an action must be taken to move them.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Planar Power RTD [Turn 2: Places of Power]
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2012, 10:34:51 pm »

Tintallė gazed upon her creation with emotions of joy. Her radiance shining brighter than normal. It had cost her much, but it was worth it.

Any spirit, of any morality or design would benefit from it. This included that spirit of Chaos, of which she was very much amused with.

But it was time to rest. She decided to stay as her form in the Sea for the meantime.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:26:04 pm by Tiruin »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2012, 11:12:40 pm »

Quickly fix the crystal before the entire thing begins to collapse.
Create the conduit.
Create the Thaumaturgery.
Get me some power.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2012, 12:33:06 am »

Spread corruption far and wide. (Or at least as much as only 1 power can spread it)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2012, 01:49:58 am »

((Irony, could you put my sheet on the front page?))

Oh...can't see me, eh? I guess I can't blame them yet...Still little more than animals.

Albru wrapped Itself around them, hugging them close, all though they still could not feel It or even see It. It looked into their fragile minds, their new intelligence. bewildered, shocked, frightened...and curious. Perfect.

What form shall I take? One of them? Yes, it must be.

It gathered its clouds of bluish shadow, and shaped them into a form. Like these simpletons, a lizard of their kind. But with something different, two great horns erupting along Its snout and azure scales. And thus It appeared.

"Heed! I am your Enlightener, Albru, Spirit of Your Illumination! I have provided you with your minds, and your grace. With it you shall be great...But only with my guidance. And thus I ask only one thing: Your love."

After a pause, Albru continued.

"I found you mere animals, little more than brutes. Nameless and without knowledge. Now you have minds to think. I give you the option of leaving and dying out there,"
Albru points to the chaos beyond," or staying here with me. All who follow me shall be gifted with your name and shall be known by it...You shall all be called the Avel and your lands Avelia."

Name my people the Avel.Take the form of an Aveli with two golden horns along the snout and blue scales. Acquire power source, the love of the Avel. If possible, name region 4 Avelia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometime later...

Albri sensed another power in this region...Yes, something as great as It. It had warded off this area from the Chaos. He had created these waters that beamed with power...And ever enlightening. She (Albri is still confused over gender) knew something was out there. And so He requested It's presence.

"Creator of this peaceful and serene land, please approach. I wish a word."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:13:12 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2012, 02:12:55 am »

Perfect nodes, but this fire one...
-Empower the fire node to make it bigger and a source of power
-Link all the other nodes with myself, making me able to shut them down at will and get a small amount of power from them (just residual energy)
-Create a big crystal from the sands and earth near the fire node able to concentrate magic

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2012, 02:26:09 am »

"Creator of this peaceful and serene land, please approach. I wish a word."

Tintallė stirred from her musings by the voice as she examined the waters. By her memory, she could tell it belonged to a younger spirit, one born with them, but one that chose to act in a later time.

"What is it that you wish to say, civil one?"

Also, speak to Albru
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7