Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Planar Power RTD [Turn 3: Grand Forms]  (Read 7579 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Planar Power RTD [Turn 0: Overgrown Vistas]
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2012, 02:33:36 pm »

"I am... Indifferent to this corruption. Do what you may, for I will not."

Descend into the earth, to the heart of the newly-born machine. Create a crystal core to maintain my essence.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Planar Power RTD [Turn 0: Overgrown Vistas]
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2012, 09:09:02 pm »

Turn 1: Pretty Bubbles

Hmm, this is too chaotic, this might need some changes...
Auros attemps to divide the magic in the air by elements, and leaving the pure magic alone as one wind too.
[6+1] You split the magic in the air into earth, air, water, fire, and pure magic, which then proceed to create hellish storms when they collide particularly unpleasantly. And, you know, all wind in the region is now laden with some element, so that's interesting.

-1 Power

"Greetings."

Focus on completely warding off the Chaos, on a settled portion if the others agree. Create a perimeter around the land and sea.

"Does anyone mind Chaos? I do."
((I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but I'm not sure what you mean by creating a perimeter around the land and sea. Also, at the moment there is no sea.))

[1] You create a barrier against Chaos- specifically, a barrier that helps concentrate and thicken Chaos within its borders. This new region is now incredibly tainted.

-1 Power

"I agree, graceful one. This Corruption is an enemy to all that exists, and its very presence here is a challenge to us all. I will fight it together with you."

Modify tropical life to thrive in Corruption-ravaged lands; that way, my jungles will take over whichever lands suffer Chaos's onslaught, and make its every victory a pyrrhic one.

If I have 5 or more Power by the end of my previous action, create two-legged, sentient lizards with opposable thumbs. Settle them in the world's warmest jungles. These creatures' cold blood will let them spend less time eating and searching for food, and more time expanding or worshipping me  - just what I need while I'm settling into this world.

[4] You modify the plant life to thrive on corruption, which means among other things that it quickly begins consuming the new, chaos-intense region.

[3] You create vaguely intelligent lizards that can hunch up on two legs. They're a bit sluggish, but at least don't need to eat a lot.

-1 Power, -3 Power

You are all... so productive, aren't you?

Modify self into a physical form, a tallish, muscled human male of about 6'2" height, with silvery hair and eyes, wearing simple black pants and a white shirt.

Then find myself a section of land away from the others, creating a visible silvery barrier-effect around my chosen land.

Then begin to drive the Chaos out of my land.

[4] You quickly take form.

[4+1] You create an inspiring, silvery barrier around your chosen lands.

[4] You greatly reduce the corruption within your barrier, though you cannot drive it out completely.

-3 Power

Nassermedin the chaotic shape and Spirit of Chaos was pleased and disgusted. Because there were no reasons to be in different states of consciousness and even then, it existed through the inversion of the sheer forces that did not even pulse through the fabric of the current plane. Nonsense? Yes, Chaos.
"I can see you already plot for my destruction. Admirable indeed. What you call corruption I call entropy, and I face it for what it is, a necessity."

Make the patches of Chaos be embedded within the very structures of the universe around the specified area of the current plane in such a way that attempting to expel Chaos would cause destruction of the current plane. Enpower the action to perform it if possible.
[4+2] You spread the corruption far and deep, meaning anyone trying to destroy it would probably have to take out a large portion of the region as well.

-2 Power

Agreed then, if you keep it under control, i will help you.
I postpone my plans of unraveling the winds of magic to help Nassermedin fix the chaos.
Too late. Next time strikeout your old action. You've got three of them anyway, but I don't know what "fix the chaos" is supposed to mean. Nassermedin's trying to weave it into the region itself so it can't be removed, which I'm not sure I'd describe as "fixing" it.

The voice of Tintallė was light, and echoed as the being spoke.

"Entropy. A necessity, yes.

But we all have our own ways now, hmm?"

In addition to last action: Ward off a certain area of land, probably including a lake or an inland sea, and expunge it from the quick effects of Chaos.

Third Action: Start in unraveling starlight, to shine upon the whole world. Focusing mainly on a set of twin lights that provide illumination.

"We'll probably need a bit of light to work."
"Quick effects?" Also, creating twin suns/moons would be a fairly expensive action. You might want to work together or save up some Power for that.

[5] You ward off a region with a serene lake, and remove much of the chaos from it.

-1 Power

"I am... Indifferent to this corruption. Do what you may, for I will not."

Descend into the earth, to the heart of the newly-born machine. Create a crystal core to maintain my essence.
[1] You descend into the earth, but cannot find the machine's heart, if it has one. You create a dark crystal that radiates ruin and decay, breaking down complex machinery nearby. It is most certainly not a suitable vessel for your essence.

-1 Power

Spoiler: Spirits (click to show/hide)

I would like to remind you all that you do not regenerate Power normally, and might want to look into a source of such as your first priority. Also remember that larger, more ambitious projects work better with multiple spirits.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Planar Power RTD [Turn 1: Pretty Bubbles]
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 09:29:43 pm »

"...Okay. New approach."

Reform the Core of Breaking into one more suitable for my needs. Connect the new core to the isolated parts on the surface.

Expand on the machinery in Nameless Region, creating a complex to slowly siphon ambient energy from the area around it, such as magical wind or corruption. Name: Conduit Pratham.

Create a refinery deep under the earth to convert siphoned magic into Divine Power. Name: Thaumaturgery Eredan.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:54:28 am by Sinpwn »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 10:59:03 pm »

"I need power~"

Make the corruption generate energy for me. Enpower the action.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2012, 11:08:29 pm »

"Entropy. The scion of life.

Nassermedin, you have vision."

Imbue that region with my essence, especially it's waters.

Extend the 'safety' of that less-tainted region outwards into surrounding land areas, preferably mountains.

Create a Sea, and make the lake extend to it, including it's power. That sea will act as a major part of my dome (power generation and belief) Spend as much power as needed to make sure that this help regenerate my powers, and if possible, any other spirit's power that wants to aid me here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2012, 11:11:35 pm »

((Why did Tiruin get two actions, by the way?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2012, 11:20:32 pm »

Basic Rules

Each turn, each player gets up to three actions...

((So thank me for spreading Chaos!  :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2012, 11:23:51 pm »

Basic Rules

Each turn, each player gets up to three actions...
((Well, I forgot that, and your spirit is a sycophant. It spews forth sweet words while driving chaos back.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2012, 11:32:24 pm »

((...I think you're using the wrong word to describe my spirit :I ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2012, 11:34:27 pm »

((A backstabbing sycophant.  :P))
>Yes?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2012, 11:48:51 pm »

Aklat saw that his creations were barely smart enough to clap two stones together; they would be useless for the next few centuries if left to their own devices. Too bad for them, because Aklat needed power then and there, not in the indefinite future.

Hardwire my lizards to worship everything red they see that's bigger than a bobcat. Descend to them and enjoy the sweet, sweet Power flowing into my being.

While I'm high on worship, accelerate the lizards' thinking processes as much as I can. When my creations find out they have lots of time to waste and very few things that need doing, they'll be forced to think of some new ways to spend time lest they face boredom - in other words, they'll have to develop intelligence whether they want to or not.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 01:42:52 am by HmH »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2012, 12:13:42 am »

((A backstabbing sycophant.  :P))
((I won't bother then.))

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2012, 01:16:56 am »

Actually, I think that I'll request a replacement. Sorry about holding turn 1 up.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2012, 02:01:40 am »

(Waitlist!)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2012, 02:50:13 am »

Actually, I think that I'll request a replacement. Sorry about holding turn 1 up.
Actually, that was almost entirely me, so no worries.

(Waitlist!)
Looks like you're in right now. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7