Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Planar Power RTD [Turn 3: Grand Forms]  (Read 7577 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Planar Power RTD [Starting soon...]
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 01:43:55 am »

Turn 0: Overgrown Vistas

The Seven awake.

The world they witness is a strange one. Golden and flowery architecture dominates, imposing or serene in turns, frequently decadent and forming parts of the eldritch machinery that abounds, serving no apparent purpose but to maintain itself and exist. That which is not gilded pathways is writhing jungle, plants competing with each other for space and straining against the machines and open vistas of gold. Patches of corruption seep their way through the land, gnawing at plant, machine, and tile alike, and magic courses through the air, flora, and terrain.

Basic Rules

Each turn, each player gets up to three actions. As mentioned earlier, this includes actions through servants or other mediums. Also as mentioned, these actions usually require Power. Base rate is 1 Power per action, with more severe and difficult actions requiring slightly more.

Players may combine their efforts for increased effects and split Power requirements. Obviously, such efforts tend to carry the mark of all powers involved.

Just about any action is possible, but generally all actions (including those performed by lesser entities) fall into one of the following broad categories.

Creation: The most difficult of actions is the creation of something completely new out of baser parts. Creation is almost always expensive and may have penalties to the roll, but produce results far greater than the components used (which in some cases may be nothing at all).

Modification: Arguably the most common of actions. Modification means altering something to be different than it once was. Severe modifications may be more expensive than normal, but in most cases altering one trait of one thing is a standard action.

Dividing: Mostly applicable to tribes and other living things, splitting lies somewhere between creation and modification; dividing a population into two distinct entities rather than creating something from scratch or modifying an existing entity entirely.

Spoiler: Spirits (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planar Power RTD [Turn 0: Overgrown Vistas]
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 02:02:05 am »

Hmm, this is too chaotic, this might need some changes...
Auros attemps to divide the magic in the air by elements, and leaving the pure magic alone as one wind too.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 02:22:49 am »

"Greetings."

Focus on completely warding off the Chaos, on a settled portion if the others agree. Create a perimeter around the land and sea.

"Does anyone mind Chaos? I do."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:12:45 am by Tiruin »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 03:07:02 am »

"I agree, graceful one. This Corruption is an enemy to all that exists, and its very presence here is a challenge to us all. I will fight it together with you."

Modify tropical life to thrive in Corruption-ravaged lands; that way, my jungles will take over whichever lands suffer Chaos's onslaught, and make its every victory a pyrrhic one.

If I have 5 or more Power by the end of my previous action, create two-legged, sentient lizards with opposable thumbs. Settle them in the world's warmest jungles. These creatures' cold blood will let them spend less time eating and searching for food, and more time expanding or worshipping me  - just what I need while I'm settling into this world.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 10:40:34 am by HmH »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 03:11:26 am »

The radiant shape appears to notice the Seventh member, and it's similarities with that which plagued the world.

"A being of Chaos, this is of your make then, yes?

Shall we come to an agreement with this world?"
The being sounded as if regarding the other six in general. "It seems we all are of differing nature."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 03:19:41 am »

I will unmix magic, but you may use it for your own purpouses. As for the corruption, just don't let it spread everywhere. It is good for feeding the magic winds, but too much of it will probably make them uncontrolable.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 03:48:08 am »

You are all... so productive, aren't you?

Modify self into a physical form, a tallish, muscled human male of about 6'2" height, with silvery hair and eyes, wearing simple black pants and a white shirt.

Then find myself a section of land away from the others, creating a visible silvery barrier-effect around my chosen land.

Then begin to drive the Chaos out of my land.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:53:49 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 06:25:03 am »

Nassermedin the chaotic shape and Spirit of Chaos was pleased and disgusted. Because there were no reasons to be in different states of consciousness and even then, it existed through the inversion of the sheer forces that did not even pulse through the fabric of the current plane. Nonsense? Yes, Chaos.
"I can see you already plot for my destruction. Admirable indeed. What you call corruption I call entropy, and I face it for what it is, a necessity."

Make the patches of Chaos be embedded within the very structures of the universe around the specified area of the current plane in such a way that attempting to expel Chaos would cause destruction of the current plane. Enpower the action to perform it if possible.

((How much power would it cost for me to do it, that is tethering Chaos and existence inside the plane?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 06:45:42 am »

I will support Nassermedin in his attemp to fix chaos in this world, as it is necessary for powerful magic to exist, but only if he agrees to keep it under control.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 06:46:55 am »

I will support Nassermedin in his attemp to fix chaos in this world, as it is necessary for powerful magic to exist, but only if he agrees to keep it under control.
"Why not."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 06:53:17 am »

Agreed then, if you keep it under control, i will help you.
I postpone my plans of unraveling the winds of magic to help Nassermedin fix the chaos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 07:09:49 am »

The voice of Tintallė was light, and echoed as the being spoke.

"Entropy. A necessity, yes.

But we all have our own ways now, hmm?"

In addition to last action: Ward off a certain area of land, probably including a lake or an inland sea, and expunge it from the quick effects of Chaos.

Third Action: Start in unraveling starlight, to shine upon the whole world. Focusing mainly on a set of twin lights that provide illumination.

"We'll probably need a bit of light to work."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 07:11:33 am by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 11:49:18 am »

((How much power would it cost for me to do it, that is tethering Chaos and existence inside the plane?))
((The plane itself? Probably not feasible. Megaproject-level. The current region would just be a normal alteration, which in this case means 1 Power.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 11:52:42 am »

((The plane itself? Probably not feasible. Megaproject-level. The current region would just be a normal alteration, which in this case means 1 Power.))
((Current region it is.))
>Yes?

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2012, 12:18:17 pm »

((I still support it))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7