Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Men in Black: Budget edition(6/6)  (Read 5298 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Men in Black: Budget edition(6/6)
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 01:28:57 pm »

Being a small man, Natt would like a big gun - one like the hero uses in those alien films. Once a big enough gun has been aquired, some kind of wireless computer and whatever object is the most shiny will round off his kit.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:42:37 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 03:23:36 pm »

Let's see what do we have here...
I pick up a weird looking metallic briefcase, a scratched shovel-like artifact... "Earth disruptor Mk2" the tag says..., a big chromed rifle, which, surprisingly, weights almost nothing, a new looking memory wiping device, and some protective sunglasses for the mind wiper.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 03:36:52 pm »

Harold knows exactly what he wants. He searches through the pile for:

A Dinotech Mark 7 Remote Crotch Exploder device;
An XJ10 suction pad grappling hook launcher (can double as blunt weapon);
A reclaimed Soviet era impact displacement Speedo;
A Rolex mounted stealth model face strangler;
An Elastoplast 4-22 Health Pill Magnum revolver (1972 model).

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 03:37:19 pm »

Configurable Komato-class nanogun, Personal force field generator, A rather spiffy hat what allows me to use mind control and prevents the same on me, A piece of psychic paper and what appears to be one hell of a Swiss SCIENCE CORP knife.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 04:01:05 am »

Turn One: Miniturn

Ignus looked into his pockets, checking what seasonings he brought. "Looks like I took the slippery ranch dressing for that really disgusting pizza, a classic red pepper and that really dry Parmeasean. Its texture is essentially sand.". Then he noticed that there were actual weapons in the pile. "That looks much better. I'll take that mind-wiper gadget, a laser gun and some kinda knife thing." He requested.
Of course now you remember. The guards almost forbid you from bringing that ranch dressing in. They said biochemical weaponry was forbidden inside the base. Luckly you managed to bribe them with a pizza, so that wasn't much of a problem. You look through the heap for 3 items.:
Broken mindwipe device: 4/4 charges, 1 person only, Broken.. Wipes the last few hours from a persons memory
Broken lasergun: [10/10 charges Broken. Does burning and melting damage. Ranged.
Bomerang throwing knife: Does cutting and bleeding damage. Can be used normally or thrown. When thrown, returns to user, pointy end first.[/i]

You think you'd got time to look for 2 more things, but anyway you'd only be able to take 3.

Being a small man, Natt would like a big gun - one like the hero uses in those alien films. Once a big enough gun has been aquired, some kind of wireless computer and whatever object is the most shiny will round off his kit.
You search through the heap and easily find what you're looking for.
- Large caliber machine gun.[10/10 rounds of ammo. Does lots of damage.]
- Portable computing unit.[100% power. Can be used for whatever you'd need a computer for. Comes with it's own miniature sattelite dish]
- Replica alien powercrystal.[100% power, can be used to reload other thingies. Regenerates 1% per turn] [/i]
You can search for 2 others, but may only take 3

Let's see what do we have here...
I pick up a weird looking metallic briefcase, a scratched shovel-like artifact... "Earth disruptor Mk2" the tag says..., a big chromed rifle, which, surprisingly, weights almost nothing, a new looking memory wiping device, and some protective sunglasses for the mind wiper.
You search through the heap and find:
-Hammerspace storage briefcase: (For some reason it looks a lot bigger on the inside)
-Earth disruptor MK2: 6/6 charges. (automatic shovel, just do one action and it'll repeat untill the job is done. There's no offbutton)
-Lightweight chrome rifle : 10/10 ammo. Does bleeding damage. +1 to long range attacks
-Broken mindwipe device: 4/4 charges, 1 person only, Broken.. Wipes the last few hours from a persons memory
-Glacier grade anti mindwipe sunglasses: 100% protection against mindwipes when worn. -3 penalty to all actions when worn at night. -1 penalty when worn at day. No penalty when worn in extremely bright conditions.

Remember that you might only take 3.

Harold knows exactly what he wants. He searches through the pile for:

Dinotech Mark 7 Remote Crotch Exploder device;[5/5 ammo. Does explosive damage.]
XJ10 vacuum suction pad rocket grappling hook launcher (can double as blunt weapon);[6/6 charges. Can be used on both people and buildings to climb up. Better take sturdy buildings though. Blunt damage]
A replica Soviet era impact displacement Speedo[6/6 power. Can relay incoming damage to a choosen body part. (Body part needs to be in contact with you, but doesn't need to be your own)]
A Broken Rolex mounted stealth model face strangler; [4/4 power. Melee range. Incapacitates enemies it's used upon.Broken.]
An genuine Elastoplast 4-22 Health Pill Magnum revolver (1972 model). [6/6 ammo. Heals rather then dealing damage. ]

Remember to decide which 3 you choose.

Configurable Komato-class nanogun, Personal force field generator, A rather spiffy hat what allows me to use mind control and prevents the same on me, A piece of psychic paper and what appears to be one hell of a Swiss SCIENCE CORP knife.

Configurable Komato-class nanogun. [8/8 ammo. Damage: ???]
Personal Shield generator: [20/20 power. Uses power to absorb damage and keep the shield online. Shield will attempt to vaporize anything it touches.]
Aluminum foil hat: [6/6 power. Can attempt mindcontrol. Prevents mindcontrol. Must make a check to prevent others from thinking you are insane]
Psychic paper: [Can be used in social related rolls. Gives +1 when roll is higher then 3. And -1 when lower then 4.]
Swiss Science Corp knife: [4 power: Gives a +1 one bonus to a certain type of action*. Changing cost 1 power.]
*Not all actions are eligible. You must come up with a tool that would provide such a bonus.
Remember, max 3 items.

Once I have Bdthemag's list, we can start. For now feel free to train on the firing ranges or explore the base. Due to budget cuts some safety measures might have been disabled.

Name: Derek Guvenstak (I have no idea if that last word means anything or not.)
Former position: Research and Development
Health: Yes.
R-D departement
Exentric inventor

Name: Robert Charleson
Former Position: Electrician
Health: Nothing to add here
Electrician
Normal guy

Name: Harold G Cheese
Former position: Admin assistant
Health: Please
Bio: Harold "Gosh" Cheese was just a bottom of the rung admin assistant, spending most of his day making photocopies of the photocopies his immediate superior had made of various incomprehensible documents. Then, one day, there was a bit of a kerfuffle in the holding area, and Harold accidentally got blasted with an experimental ray weapon! For some reason, he's been under observation ever since. He's never been known for being smart and his brother is a priest.
Irradiated
Thick

Name: Natt Perry
Former position: IT Support.
Health:
IT-technician
Manual override

Name: Stephen Black
Former position: Maintenance technician
Health:
Maintenance technician
Explosive malfunction

Name: Ignus H. Hughes
Former Position: Pizza Guy
Health: Fine
Flavour bombs
Pizza courier
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:32:29 am by 10ebbor10 »

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 05:30:56 am »

Well, i will take the Earth Disruptor, the hammerspace briefcase, and the rifle, since the mindwipers are quite innefective...
Also, i put all that equipment inside the briefcase if possible.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 06:24:48 am »

Gosh, thought Harold. Decisions, decisions... He reached down and took the XJ10 grappling hook launcher, and slung it across his back. He'd once climbed a tree when he was twelve and had always liked climbing things, so it made sense to maximise a strength. He struggled a bit to strap on the Rolex stealth face strangler, realising that incapacitating fiendish alien threats up close was an important part of the agency's mission. Finally, he bent over and pulled the Soviet Speedo over his feet, and wriggled his hips a little as he drew it up his legs and to his waist. He took a step back and looked up and down at his reflection in the nearby mirror.

He looked pretty smart in the sharp black suit, and the anodised purple colour of his new Speedos was a thing of beauty, and it stood out wonderfully against the dark fabric of the trousers underneath. A whistle somehow escaped his lips.

He suddenly realised he was checking out his own crotch and hurriedly turned to the other recruits.

"So... uh. Shall, we um... Does anyone like hopscotch? I love hopscotch. Regional champion when I was a kid don't you know. Of course, I had to give it up for a wee while when I fractured me toe and then some other little kid took me crown, but I never held it against him. Beautiful game. Now, I wonder how me Speedo works. Anyone want kick me in the crotch? Here, hold me hand to keep me up whilst you do it. Oh, come on, it's just a bit of fun like. We can play hopscotch after if you really want. How about a cup of tea? Me mum always liked a cup of tea. There was this one time when we ran out, and she sent me down the shop, and it's a bit of a sad tale, because of course the neighbour's cat died, but I didn't mean it, and at least the fire didn't spread, and afterwards we all..."

Wondering if anyone would hold his hand and kick him in the crotch, Harold wandered off speaking to himself.

Spoiler: Edit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:30:23 pm by lawastooshort »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 09:49:44 am »

No grappling hook. That thing is quite powerfull. (Strong enought to knock through walls, at least)

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 10:07:21 am »

In the meantime:
I get the earth disruptor from my briefcase and head to a training dummy and smack him with the shovel in the head to see the effects.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2012, 10:46:09 am »

Derek picks up the gun, the science corp knife, and-

He pauses.

Eccentric inventor on the force field, the hat and the paper! Also you misspelled eccentric. Not a good sign. Spellcheck.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 07:06:25 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2012, 11:54:49 am »

Ignus continues looking through the pile.

"Now that's all fine and well, but I want something more versatile"

He searches for some kind of exosuit or similar that would make him faster and a close range  laser weapon.
ß
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:10:38 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2012, 12:08:01 pm »

Robert rummages through the pile, he pulls out an odd looking red toolbox, a wrench with some spikes protruding from the sides, and some bright orange rubber gloves.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2012, 04:27:25 pm »

Natt left the others scavenging, and went to play with his new computer - in particular start digging into various networks to see how handy it was for a little casual hacking.
This is a blank sig.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2012, 04:50:59 am »

Turn One: Miniturn Two

Ignus continues looking through the pile.

"Now that's all fine and well, but I want something more versatile"

He searches for some kind of exosuit or similar that would make him faster and a close range  laser weapon.
ß

There are now 5 items lying in front of you

Broken mindwipe device: 4/4 charges, 1 person only, Broken.. Wipes the last few hours from a persons memory
Broken lasergun: [10/10 charges Broken. Does burning and melting damage. Ranged.
Bomerang throwing knife: Does cutting and bleeding damage. Can be used normally or thrown. When thrown, returns to user, pointy end first.[/i]
Exosuit: [4/4 charges. Gives a +1 for all physical actions that turn when used.]
Unfocused laser blaster.[10/10 charges .Does burning and melting damage. Close-Ranged. Very wide laserbeam.

You can only take 3.

Natt left the others scavenging, and went to play with his new computer - in particular start digging into various networks to see how handy it was for a little casual hacking.

You pocket your stuff, and then turn on the computer. Getting acces to the satelite network is quite easy.[2+1]While you fail to hack any secret networks though, you're at least pretty sure you didn't activate any alerts.

Well, i will take the Earth Disruptor, the hammerspace briefcase, and the rifle, since the mindwipers are quite innefective...
Also, i put all that equipment inside the briefcase if possible.

In the meantime:
I get the earth disruptor from my briefcase and head to a training dummy and smack him with the shovel in the head to see the effects.
You put all the equipment in the briefcase, and there's still place to spare, before you go to the Testing course and give training dummy a whack with the shovel.[6] The head flies of in an arc. [2]Luckily the automatic repetition ship fails to pick up the action.

Gosh, thought Harold. Decisions, decisions... He reached down and took the XJ10 grappling hook launcher, and slung it across his back. He'd once climbed a tree when he was twelve and had always liked climbing things, so it made sense to maximise a strength. He struggled a bit to strap on the Rolex stealth face strangler, realising that incapacitating fiendish alien threats up close was an important part of the agency's mission. Finally, he bent over and pulled the Soviet Speedo over his feet, and wriggled his hips a little as he drew it up his legs and to his waist. He took a step back and looked up and down at his reflection in the nearby mirror.

He looked pretty smart in the sharp black suit, and the anodised purple colour of his new Speedos was a thing of beauty, and it stood out wonderfully against the dark fabric of the trousers underneath. A whistle somehow escaped his lips.

He suddenly realised he was checking out his own crotch and hurriedly turned to the other recruits.

"So... uh. Shall, we um... Does anyone like hopscotch? I love hopscotch. Regional champion when I was a kid don't you know. Of course, I had to give it up for a wee while when I fractured me toe and then some other little kid took me crown, but I never held it against him. Beautiful game. Now, I wonder how me Speedo works. Anyone want kick me in the crotch? Here, hold me hand to keep me up whilst you do it. Oh, come on, it's just a bit of fun like. We can play hopscotch after if you really want. How about a cup of tea? Me mum always liked a cup of tea. There was this one time when we ran out, and she sent me down the shop, and it's a bit of a sad tale, because of course the neighbour's cat died, but I didn't mean it, and at least the fire didn't spread, and afterwards we all..."

Wondering if anyone would hold his hand and kick him in the crotch, Harold wandered off speaking to himself.

You grab and wear your items, but noone decides to kick you in the crotch. Not even the flying dummy head, which lands a couple of meters away. Mumbling about incomprehensible things, you continue to walk around.

Derek picks up the gun, the science corp knife, and-

He pauses.

Eccentric inventor on the force field, the hat and the paper! Also you misspelled eccentric. Not a good sign. Spellcheck.

Derek has begun a mysterious construction.[6] Derek has created a Phsysic shield hat. The Psychic paper still works, letting people see the hat as they imagine it to be. Sadly however you seem to have merged the power controls for the aluminum foil hat and the shield.

Configurable Komato-class nanogun. [8/8 ammo. Damage: ???. Can be easily modified to change things.]
Physhic shield hat: [20/20 power. Active effect. (1 power/turn) Passive effect]
Swiss Science Corp knife: [4 power: Gives a +1 one bonus to a certain type of action*. Changing cost 1 power.]
Remember, max 3 items.

Robert rummages through the pile, he pulls out an odd looking red toolbox, a wrench with some spikes protruding from the sides, and some bright orange rubber gloves.
Red Toolbox: [4/4 ammo. Can deploy small sentries. No Friend Foe recognition]
Damaged wrench[Deals bleeding and blunt damage  damaged.
AntiHazard Rubber gloves: [Protects hands against all kinds of damage(Explosives, radiation...). -1 to all hand related actions when worn.]

Suddenly a tape starts playing."Hello agents.". A small computer screen slowly activates and a black and white picture of a powerplant fills the screen.This nuclear powerplant was recently infiltrated by terrorists. They what they were looking for, as this powerplant provides power for this and several other of our facilities. Unfortunately, a large group of protestor has surrounded the powerplant, demanding it's closure. They have been kept unaware of the danger, and should be kept in that state. It's vital that this plant isn't closed. You will infiltrate the plant by airshaft 65, which leads to one of our discontinued bases. From there you can easily make your way into the powerplant, kill or capture the terrorists and resolve the crises. Over and out. The Television screen switches off, before activating again. Oh yeah, before I forget. Your transport is located in Section A5. First turn to the left, then up the stairs to floor 2, can't miss it.

Name: Derek Guvenstak (I have no idea if that last word means anything or not.)
Former position: Research and Development
Health: Yes.
R-D departement
Eccentric inventor
Inventory:
Configurable Komato-class nanogun. [8/8 ammo. Damage: ???. Can be easily modified]
Physic shield hat: [20/20 power. Active effect. (1 power/turn) Passive effect]

Name: Robert Charleson
Former Position: Electrician
Health: Nothing to add here
Electrician
Normal guy

Name: Harold G Cheese
Former position: Admin assistant
Health: Please
Irradiated
Thick
Inventory:
XJ10 vacuum suction pad rocket grappling hook launcher (can double as blunt weapon);[6/6 charges. Can be used on both people and buildings to climb up. Better take sturdy buildings though. Blunt damage]
A replica Soviet era impact displacement Speedo[6/6 power. Can relay incoming damage to a choosen body part. (Body part needs to be in contact with you, but doesn't need to be your own)]
A Broken Rolex mounted stealth model face strangler; [4/4 power. Melee range. Incapacitates enemies it's used upon.Broken.

Name: Natt Perry
Former position: IT Support.
Health:
IT-technician
Manual override
Inventory:
- Large caliber machine gun.[10/10 rounds of ammo. Does lots of damage.]
- Portable computing unit.[95% power. Can be used for whatever you'd need a computer for. Comes with it's own miniature sattelite dish]
- Replica alien powercrystal.[100% power, can be used to reload other thingies. Regenerates 1% per turn] [/i]

Name: Stephen Black
Former position: Maintenance technician
Health:
Maintenance technician
Explosive malfunction
Inventory:
-Hammerspace storage briefcase: (For some reason it looks a lot bigger on the inside)
-Earth disruptor MK2: 6/6 charges. (automatic shovel, just do one action and it'll repeat untill the job is done. There's no offbutton)
-Lightweight chrome rifle : 10/10 ammo. Does bleeding damage. +1 to long range attacks

Name: Ignus H. Hughes
Former Position: Pizza Guy
Health: Fine
Flavour bombs
Pizza courier
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 10:29:05 am by 10ebbor10 »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2012, 10:25:29 am »

Well since there are only three items, I shall take the three!

Also you derped the quote. Try to preview before you post. You misspelt psychic. Seriously, spell check like a goddamn maniac or I will keep pointing these out.

Head on out!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 12:35:16 am by dermonster »
Pages: 1 [2] 3