Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1121110 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11940 on: January 18, 2016, 04:07:31 pm »

Harasser drivers are 90% people who think they are or want to be (nothing wrong with that, practice makes perfect) mlg pro harasser eliminators and 10% actual mlg pro harasser eliminators, in my experience. It helps that a lot of sunderers are just lonely dudes driving a sundie to the front lines for XP, so they often aren't gunned.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11941 on: January 18, 2016, 05:29:48 pm »

I was sniping (of course) from a ridgeline outside of the base you need to drop underground into I think on Indar. As I was picking dudes off, I peeked over the cover to my left and saw two of those deployable TR tanks (lightnings?) and a half dozen infantry supported by two maxes.
I began marking targets and soon afterward they were getting nailed by aircraft. It provided great sound masking for my shots. One tank suffered a catastrophic kill while the other fled smoking. Most of the infantry were creamed and I felt like such a badass. This game has been making me happy in my monkeybrain.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11942 on: January 18, 2016, 05:31:41 pm »

Usually either Sunderers have a driver, or they have a gunner. Its rare to see both at once unless a squad is involved.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11943 on: January 18, 2016, 06:19:51 pm »

Well, piss. I was doing a decent job against 2-3 Vanu Scythes when I got disconnected.

EDIT: Seems like everyone was disconnected. I went back to the place I was, and instead of a pitched battle there was silence and isolation.

EDIT2: Had a fun run being the Prowler gunner for one 13ountyhunter. Got over 9000XP(minus the penalty for not giving these guys money), though it was more assists with kills than actual kills.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:45:19 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11944 on: January 28, 2016, 01:19:20 pm »

Okay, while I don't have any news most of you would care about I just heard something really interesting. For those of you who don't know about Wrel he is probably the 'leader' of the Planetside community so to speak. Well, now apparently he officially works at DBG. I strongly suspect he's part of the reason we got the leadership update in the first place, since he's been working 'behind the scenes' since November.
Quote from: Wrel
Basically I'm helping do whatever needs to be done. Burness shoulders a lot of the burden on the balance and construction stuff, so I'm able to help with that. Players Studio stuff getting processed, that's a big (easy, but time consuming) task to take care of. Designing new weapons, abilities, items and features, floating ideas and being able to speak with the team about how feasible they are/are not, helping plan for the future. I can potentially do anything that isn't code, UI, or art.
The perspective of a three year veteran is helpful for a number of reasons as well. The biggest one is just that, when you work on a game for a long time, you get really close to it and your vision narrows. So a "fresh set of eyes," is a good thing to have from time to time.
I won't be working with Daybreak forever, but I'm happy to help for as long as they need me.
So maybe we can expect a balance pass to occur soon. The devs also mentioned they were reskinning the old Annihilator to look better and to take less system resources, so maybe in the future we'll get even more diverse/better weapon models and textures as well? Maybe we'll even see ladder sights on rocket launchers some day.

Wrel has some pretty good ideas for the game, it's only a question of whether or not he can help implement them. People already complain about how bad the game runs and crashes, but the more complex you make a machine the more likely it is to break and it's hard to get around that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11945 on: January 28, 2016, 01:26:42 pm »

Wrel working there? We might actually get something interesting sooner rather than later, perhaps.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11946 on: January 28, 2016, 01:54:51 pm »

Whats his job title?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11947 on: February 01, 2016, 09:52:43 pm »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11948 on: February 01, 2016, 11:22:22 pm »

Tankjacking!  :D

Get out your Wraith Flashes, boys -- we've got repair crews to hunt.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11949 on: February 02, 2016, 12:27:50 am »

Started playing again, a little. Do we still have an outfit to call home anywhere?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #11950 on: February 02, 2016, 12:32:16 am »

I'm imagining the vehicle stealing would be faster on unoccupied vehicles, scaling with how many people are inside (1, 2, 3... up to a fully loaded sundie). If you're a MBT with two people inside and don't notice an infiltrator hacking you, you don't deserve to have that MBT :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11951 on: February 02, 2016, 12:34:16 am »

I'm imagining the vehicle stealing would be faster on unoccupied vehicles, scaling with how many people are inside (1, 2, 3... up to a fully loaded sundie). If you're a MBT with two people inside and don't notice an infiltrator hacking you, you don't deserve to have that MBT :P
A lot of people are complaining that they won't be able to camp their lockdown prowlers and snipe for ages anymore.

Started playing again, a little. Do we still have an outfit to call home anywhere?
Not really. You're better off finding a group of people more dedicated to the game.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11952 on: February 02, 2016, 05:37:18 am »

That video calls for a new computer for me.
DBG seriously is doing better now that they're independant.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11953 on: February 02, 2016, 11:03:12 am »

A lot of people are complaining that they won't be able to camp their lockdown prowlers and snipe for ages anymore.
Sounds like if they nerf the others enough it'll balance back out in favor of the magrider.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11954 on: February 02, 2016, 11:58:40 am »

being able to hack vehicles with somebody inside is pretty silly imo. fairly sure that 1. infiltrators can hack while cloaked and 2. they have a cloak that stays on as long as they aren't moving, which could make this new feature pretty dumb...

E:
unrelated
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:01:29 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 826