Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1121399 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11580 on: February 05, 2015, 05:16:09 pm »

Theres also a VS one thats been mentioned here before, but its not a b12 one specifically.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11581 on: February 05, 2015, 05:56:05 pm »

How does one go about setting one up? And if I did, would anyone be interested?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: February 05, 2015, 05:57:45 pm »

We don't really have enough active players to make it really worthwhile. I think the largest B12 outfit we had was on Emerald NC, but even then I ended up being the only active member after a while (and recently noticed that I'm not a part of it anymore. Do they get deleted for inactivity?)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11583 on: February 05, 2015, 06:01:55 pm »

That doesn't happen to me, but I'm probably one of the people you're complaining about.

Nah, it's not a skill difference I'm complaining about. I'm perfectly accepting of being 'worse' than other people (though actually I'm one of the most universally hated things: A good infiltrator. Or was, that is.)
Wait, I think I misunderstood what you were saying. Yeah, lucky you, having seeming server 'priority'.

It's when people survive me emptying a full clip into them, and even though I get hit markers, then spin around and shoot me 3 times (seemingly. I know it isn't actually three times, it's the server offloading all the damage at once rather than per bullet.) and I die 'instantly', then on the death screen it shows I only took out their shields, that is what I'm complaining about. Hit detection issues. At least, that used to happen, not sure about now.

Its worth noting that (as far as I know) the death screen only shows their health at moment you died. It's probable (both because of ping and shell travel times) you actually did more damage to them, it just hadn't calculated it yet before sending you the death screen.

With that said, it doesn't feel that common to me. There are times where the server legitimately becomes bad, but it's pretty obvious (and very rare) when it happens. Most of the time that stuff is on my end. That's on Emerald though, I hear the EU servers have it worse. The rest of the time, it's a combination of my opponent having good reaction time and great luck/great aim with his headshots. Any 167+ damage weapon (especially Commissioners...) that manages to land constant headshots at full RoF will kill you almost instantly in just a few rounds. If I notice that there's a couple players/outfit that are like that, I'll just leave the fight. It's no fun playing against legitimately amazing players, their near-instant TTK and unrivaled situational awareness just kind of ruin the fight for everyone on the other end of their barrel.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:04:23 pm by Rex_Nex »

Idranel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: February 05, 2015, 07:13:38 pm »

The massive whining apparently managed to force SOE into nerfing the striker again. Now it's dumbfire with 6 shots.... meaning it's a Lancer without the features (accuracy, chargeup mode, no drop, velocity) that make the lancer any good.
Simply amazing!

It is pretty neat for some very specific applications.
Because it not dumbfire at all but a handheld coyote missile / flak gun now. The projectiles will lock onto planes if they manage to get within close distance.

Why would you want one ? Well there is very little warning or time to react between the missiles locking on and them hitting the target.
The effective range is pretty short but so is the range of all the AI noseguns these days.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: February 05, 2015, 07:48:09 pm »

The problem is that a B12 outfit won't stay active for long. You'd best just join an established outfit if you want to play seriously.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: February 06, 2015, 02:24:51 pm »

The problem is that a B12 outfit won't stay active for long. You'd best just join an established outfit if you want to play seriously.

This. Your Planetside 2 experience is pretty much 90% dependent on what outfit you join (it's fundamentally a team game at its core), and it's really in your best interest to find an established outfit that can consistently field at least a squad during your preferred playtime.

If you genuinely enjoy a game and plan on playing it for longer than a week or two, don't join a Bay12 guild. I love these forums, but every Bay12 guild/clan/town/whatever I've joined has completely disintegrated in short order because the players here, although very nice people, tend to have the attention span of gnats.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11587 on: February 06, 2015, 02:42:26 pm »

I have only joined one outfit once, a bay 12 one.

I just join squads, or barring that go and drive a sundie to a fight and start roasting marshmallows.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11588 on: February 11, 2015, 04:04:34 am »

I love those nights where you just feel like a complete badass. Taking out squads of people, getting Dominant Outfit solo, outsmarting tons of players (I must have lured 10 maxes to their deaths) and just overall having a blast. Doesn't happen most of the time, but every handful of sessions one of those nights crops up where you can finally feel comfortable saying "I'm good at this game."

I grabbed a pump action yesterday (the one with the extra pellet), love the thing. The range is crazy short but the difference between two-shotting someone with a semiauto shotty and one-shotting them with a pump action is enormous. Absolutely no amount of reaction time is going to save them if you connect from CQC. Granted, it's pretty cheesy, but sue me! I had a lot of fun with it. Don't think I'd ever use it on anything except the LA though, the range is just way too short. It's not even an "indoors" gun, its range is more like an extended knife. HA can make some use of it, but because the Jackhammer exists and it's basically an almost-pumpaction with one less shell but twice the range, I think I'm better off sticking with that.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: February 11, 2015, 04:48:41 am »

Yeah, it's weird. I'm not sure if it was just the nights were the hit detection stopped fucking me over, but there were a few where I just slauuuughtered everybody. It's so satisfying massacring people 70 BRs higher than you.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11590 on: February 11, 2015, 04:55:39 am »

... and then you have the nights where nothing goes right. Set a guy's Lightning on fire twice with my Flash, only to have him kill me, and my supporting tanks to lose interest in actually finishing the guy off. Pulled my AP Lightning to do it myself, blew his tank up but he bailed, got out to quickly repair in case he set up his turret... and got ejection seated to my death.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11591 on: February 11, 2015, 05:09:22 am »

Ejection seat is probably the most hilarious bug I've experienced. It's always so unexpected.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: February 11, 2015, 05:14:39 am »

I really like when it drops you conveniently on the roof of whatever you had driven under, like the world's most random and impractical elevator. Always funny to get out and end up standing in a completely unexpected place.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: February 11, 2015, 09:59:13 am »

Or parking under a biolab and being planted right in the gen room when you get out.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11594 on: February 11, 2015, 04:57:37 pm »

So Daybreak just had their first round of layoffs...
I sort of expected this to happen, but now that it has...
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 826