Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1121542 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11415 on: October 13, 2014, 07:46:53 am »

Skyguard is mostly for protecting friendly armor columns, and mobility is bread and butter of those.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11416 on: October 13, 2014, 11:30:50 am »

There really should be a way to change your vehicle's load out.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11417 on: October 13, 2014, 01:45:36 pm »

So I've played almost a thousand hours of this shitty game as TR and NC. Today I tried playing VS for the first time and holy shit. Totes easymode. That's all I really wanted to say, carry on.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11418 on: October 13, 2014, 02:39:49 pm »

So I've played almost a thousand hours of this shitty game as TR and NC. Today I tried playing VS for the first time and holy shit. Totes easymode. That's all I really wanted to say, carry on.

But that comes at the price of looking like frakking space elves.

No amount of power is worth that.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11419 on: October 13, 2014, 02:55:43 pm »

Spaaaaaaandeeeeeeex
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11420 on: October 13, 2014, 02:58:36 pm »

Laseeeeeeeeeeeeeers.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11421 on: October 13, 2014, 04:52:51 pm »

Lasher. PPA. MAXes worth using. Cheesy MBT. BR100s seemingly everywhere...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11422 on: October 13, 2014, 04:54:30 pm »

I like NC Max, I survive a good while in it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11423 on: October 13, 2014, 05:01:00 pm »

I'm curious about what kind of setup you use that allows you to kill infantry further than 10 meters away before they can rape you with rockets and grenades.

Speaking of MAXes, the daily deal is for the left burster arm, which I'm definitely going to be picking up. I'm surprised I've gone this long without getting it, I just rarely feel compelled to use my MAX.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11424 on: October 13, 2014, 05:35:38 pm »

Burster and starting shotgun...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11425 on: October 13, 2014, 06:16:03 pm »

Irrespective of whether the NC MAX is worthwhile, the VS MAX is statistically the best MAX. So that's nice. The VS have a shitton to offer as long as you're not looking for heaps of viable weaponry (the NC has it best here - most of their weapons are at least decent). AFAIK most of their secondary weapons, LMGs, etc. are pretty lame, although they do have at least a couple weapons in each class that are very good. In the end it probably doesn't matter though, since everyone is just using what is considered the best. They also have a lot to offer for squad player - the Lasher is a great weapon, as is the Lancer, and PPAriders and harassers are gods of death. Also, I think the Scythe is the best ESF, although don't quote me on that.

At the end of the day though, yeah, VS is easymode. I'll probably end up spending a lot more time on my VS character as I finish up some of what the NC has left to offer.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:18:01 pm by Rex_Nex »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11426 on: October 13, 2014, 06:33:29 pm »

VS is easymode, but don't play Connery VS -- they make Matherson NC look competent. Just don't subject yourself to that, you don't deserve it.

I watched a 48-96 VS force roll up to Saurva, defended by 1-12 TR. A couple dozen tanks and 8 sunderers patrolled around the courtyard while 12 VS actually attempted to take the bio lab, half of which hid in the teleport room. It took about 20 minutes, but TR eventually gathered up enough reinforcements to equalize pop and defend the base.

They lost with 8:1 pop advantage. Not even to a mass redeploy, just a slow trickle of defenders. Just because their tankers couldn't leave their precious tanks unattended for the 2:30 it'd take to blow up the gen and SCU.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11427 on: October 13, 2014, 06:52:47 pm »

But if you leave the safety from behind the PPA people might kill you and ruin your 50+ kill streak!

Also, who cares about winning in this game or playing the game the way it was intended to be played. This game is about certs and collecting them. That's why there are all these expensive skill trees, right?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11428 on: October 13, 2014, 08:33:03 pm »

I'm curious about what kind of setup you use that allows you to kill infantry further than 10 meters away before they can rape you with rockets and grenades.

It may not be super effective, but dual falcons in an AI role is a heck of a lot of fun.  Hitting both is a one-shot without flak.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11429 on: October 14, 2014, 03:45:01 am »

Also, who cares about winning in this game or playing the game the way it was intended to be played. This game is about certs and collecting them. That's why there are all these expensive skill trees, right?

Well yes, actually, that's precisely the case. "Winning"? What exactly is winning in this game anyway? Capping a base? The enemy will cap it right back twenty minutes later. The only permanent measure of success is the number of certs earned. And also various stat numbers, I guess. KD and such. I find it infinitely amusing that people who run around capping bases look down upon people who run around trying to get a high KD, completely ignoring the fact that they themselves are also just padding a number on the stats screen, just a different one (namely "bases capped").
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 826