Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1121830 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's been said before, but man, the intellect and teamwork average for TR is exceptionally low. They just rush into the meat grinder over and over.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

It can be frustrating. It usually works to my advantage, though. While the meat grinders are taking the enemy's attention, I like to sneak around behind the enemy flank (which is often huge because everyone's too busy concentrating on the main TR force) and fuck them in the back. Sometimes they don't even realize it.
Nothing important here, move along.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

It's been said before, but man, the intellect and teamwork average for TR is exceptionally low. They just rush into the meat grinder over and over.

I see this on NC just as often.  It is really fucking scary to jump onto the elevator to the bio-lab launchpads only to see dozens of skulls on your way up.
Shoes...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I think it might be universal. I've seen even the Vanu charge into TR's waiting guns like a bunch of children charging into a candy shed. Only the candy is bullets, and it's giving them all a severe case of death.
Nothing important here, move along.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

It can be frustrating. It usually works to my advantage, though. While the meat grinders are taking the enemy's attention, I like to sneak around behind the enemy flank (which is often huge because everyone's too busy concentrating on the main TR force) and fuck them in the back. Sometimes they don't even realize it.
This is literally the huge bulk of my strategy hahaha. A little intelligence with a sprinkling of creativity goes a long way.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umiman... Can I borrow your Avatar for a moment...

Cause thats what I have been doing over the last few hours on AU Briggs...

We had a good platoon working together, taking back Esamir. We had a good foot going, pressing down the VS necks while the other half pressed down on the TR, but they still held good chunks of the south east corner of the map. So I send a squad to go get them back. Next thing I know the TR have pushed out and taken back a good amount of land and hit Eisa Tech Plant...

VS were pushing us back from Two Stone Beach back to Jaeger's Fist...

It was truely just the platoon and I working against the VS and TR. You know where the NC were. AT THE GOD DAMN MEAT GRINDER THAT WAS TECHPLANT!!!

OMG WHAT IS WITH THESE FOOLS, the keep running through those doors into the fire, if half of them went light assult and went over the shields in the sides they would have had it ages ago. It drives one insane. There is no true leaders on NC either, at least any that actually have the Leader's Coms and uses them to communicate, so many ego stroke.

"Oh I have command com, I must be important, pfft as if I would work with you. Oh its all your fault we lost Indar and Aremish cause you wanted help taking Esamir, even though we did fuck all but sit in Aremish when the TR all Stacked into Indar."

I start going crazy, as I try and hold all the work the Platoon have done, and I always feel that it was my fault that we end up going backwards a lot... T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

Everyone is too obsessed with Heavy Assault to think about playing with something as "weak" as Light Assault. Between Light Assault and Engineer, though, I get most of my kills.

Engineers are nice. Don't worry about conserving ammo - Just let it all out and refill yourself later.

I really wish there were more ways to regain health and ammo, though. Resupply stations and engy refills are pretty limited, especially since 90% of engineers don't realize that they actually carry ammo, and seeing a Medic is like witnessing the Second Coming.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Lol... I see craptonnes of engies and medics. Maybe it's just a problem with individual servers.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

I saw a TR once that wasn't a Heavy Assault.

I had to do a double take.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

I just got this game a week ago, and I like it. It's definitly something else than your average FPS. Is there any bay12 group on any EU server? We poor EU bastards can't create an account on the american servers. I even had to download the full game twice, because the EU launcher does not recognize that the game is already installed in Steam.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heavy assault and medic are what I play as. I haven't the skill to survive as any other.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile

Started as NC, and I kinda took a liking to them. Nice voice actors, nice music, badass rebel vibe...

But TR's guns are too awesome to pass up. I've got a positive K/D ratio playing them. That pistol is especially fun and useful.

As for classes, light assault, and infiltrator. Jumpjets are so useful for so many things, and sniping has obvious utility. It does leave me a bit screwed when one of those big tank battles breaks out, though...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Everyone is too obsessed with Heavy Assault to think about playing with something as "weak" as Light Assault. Between Light Assault and Engineer, though, I get most of my kills.

I see a nice mix on Miller. I most enjoy playing LA but since the official release I've been putting all my certs into HA because they are more generally useful during outfit operations. All HA besides 2 medics and 2 engineers per squad can hold their own against most things.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So far every single teabagger (7) got killed by a randrom or squad teammate after placing himself over my corpse.

I approve.

How do you talk to other people? That one time I ended up with a strange situation where vs where in a base, but inside forcefields that belong to our team. I could see about 17 guys, all staring at me, wanting to murder me so very very badly. Teased a few 100'd bullets out, just hanging out there for 3-4 mins... then they took the factory. The color change in the shield sealed my fate.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 826