Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1121753 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Yeah, I usually lone wolf it too. 

Interesting fact for people who want to look like a badass:  Hitting a light aircraft (Reaver, Scythe, or Mosquito) with the default heavy assault launcher will kill it in one shot.  It can be awesome to go around hunting them when they're trying to kill infantry.
Hahaha, funny story that.

The only time I managed to successfully do anything inside a mosquito was when I crashed into a scythe. He was playing chicken with me. I don't think he realized I didn't know how to turn.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

The only time I managed to successfully do anything inside a mosquito was when I crashed into a scythe. He was playing chicken with me. I don't think he realized I didn't know how to turn.

XD

I'm making an NC outfit named "Bay12" on Matterson.  If someone starts a better Bay12 outfit I'll delete it to free up the name but for now join or don't join, no commitment.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:58:09 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I usually lone wolf it too. 

Interesting fact for people who want to look like a badass:  Hitting a light aircraft (Reaver, Scythe, or Mosquito) with the default heavy assault launcher will kill it in one shot.  It can be awesome to go around hunting them when they're trying to kill infantry.
Hahaha, funny story that.

I was shooting with a vanguard at a magrider on another side of a river when a scythe in the middle caught my bullet. I was pleasantly surprised

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

I was in the Phalanx AV turret outside the warpgate when a scythe came at me both guns blazing - one shot and it was raining flaming debris, I think both of us were a little surprised at how effective that was.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

He probably thought it was the AA turret.  Serves him right.
Shoes...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

It's bad when the AA turrets are big 'shoot me' stickers for air of all things.
Nothing important here, move along.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

It's bad when the AA turrets are big 'shoot me' stickers for air of all things.
Yeaah... I noticed that too. They also can't aim for crap.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have come to believe that AA means 'Assisted Suicide Booth - Please Shoot Me'
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev

Got caught in a proper dog fight with another ship. Was actually really fun. Controlling with the mouse takes a bit of getting used to, but when you do I was all woooh splish pewpewpew flying around. Pulling U-Turns, going on my side and barely missing rock formations, flying upside down, doing barrel rolls and flipping over the enemy to get behind them to bambambam.

Was nice is why I'm saying. After awhile of dancing I took down the other flyer, but ended up with my ship nearly destroyed. Of course then I saw a bunch of enemy foot soldiers gathered in the entry to the base. You wanna know how a Terran dies? At ramming speed.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 08:36:56 pm by MorleyDev »

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found that plane flying mouse sensitivity was too low for my likes, at the max.  I like high sensitivity for my mouse input.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Technically you can ram at any speed. So, yelling ramming speed only serves to tell everyone to hang on.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile

Ramming speed is traditionally approximately 110% of the theoretically possible maximum velocity.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Best laugh I had last night was a Scythe sitting still while shooting at some infantry and I had a clear shot with my Heavy.  A single bullet later - merely a chip in his paintwork - and he hits the turbo, lag-warping back to the warpgate.  What a pussy.  I probably only did one point of damage.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I've managed to kill a few stupid flyers with my LMG. To be fair, though, they mostly rammed themselves into stuff trying to get away. It's cool watching their health get whittled down, though, if they don't pay you enough mind.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 826