Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1121783 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

So My NC on Matterson is UristUltimuh.
What's our squadname?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Any good medium-sized TR outfits on Mattherson?

And we don't really have an outfit a tm.

(protip: try TR sometime, on a different server. Just to see the difference.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Holy shit, Mattherson is insane right now.  Every continent is 90% conquered by one of the factions.
Shoes...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I take it nonody is on Jaeger? I run with the UO guys there, and they primarily play milsims (read: ARMA 2) so we can have about a platoon of people going just about every time we're on. We play as NC.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy shit, Mattherson is insane right now.  Every continent is 90% conquered by one of the factions.

HHMMPRRFF IT'S FOLLOWING ME.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Coincidentally, Soltech went from predominantly owned by one faction per continent to all-hell-broke-loose free-for-all.

I had a really awesome moment last night. I was backdooring Vanu and NC with my Sunderer. Only one guy was with me, some random stranger who I picked up at a bridge awhile back. Mostly we didn't have any problems and were racking up free certs but after awhile we reached a certain port.

And as we drove across the frozen river, we came across an enemy Vanu Sunderer. Dueled it and won but as we turned to look forward we saw another Sunderer and three ATVs coming towards us, launching massive arcs of plasma our way. Keep in mind that there were only two of us, random strangers.

So we bailed from our Sunderer as it was going to explode anyway and had to hoof it across the entire frozen river towards the only point of cover. A big rock smack in the middle of it. It took about a minute to run there, all the while getting fired upon by the enemy Sunderer and the ATVs. It was so crazy, I swear they were firing rockets at us at some point. It felt like some kind of Band of Brothers moment.

We both made it, hid behind the rock. There was no other cover at all. A massive frozen river and the two of us behind this stupid rock. We didn't have a choice, so we started fighting back.

Holy shit, it was so intense. We actually fended off the Sunderer, ATVs and those armoured suits (the Sunderer was chock full of them). The rock was suddenly the Alamo. When we killed the enemy Sunderer at last I was like "How are we still alive?". And the random stranger by the name of Toy just looked at me and went "I have no idea...".

When we thought it was over suddenly a goddamn NC Galaxy flies in behind us and starts hammering us from the sky. Of course, a Galaxy can't aim for crap, so we were relatively fine, but all its occupants dropped onto us and we finally died at that point.

It was glorious. I felt like I was in an action movie.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It sounds truly glorious. A real heroes death. ^_^

Makes me sad my comp chokes and dies on this... ah well, maybe after Christmas.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those awesome moments.
Those moments that you find a really nice stranger and you start working togheter. Some of the most glorious moments in a gaming carreer.

Anyway, i wish TR had some decent outfits. I just want a group to play with. (on Mattherson.)

Met a really nice NC guy, Icefox, on Mattherson. We had some discussion while NC was taking freyr.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile

I think we should sort of recap some information to organize better, possibly put it into the OP if possible? Maybe make a new thread if OP isn't around?

What's our main server?
New Conglomerate is our main team it looks like
Who should we follow as leaders?
What's our main strategy?
Do we recruit non-bay12ers?
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I think we should sort of recap some information to organize better, possibly put it into the OP if possible? Maybe make a new thread if OP isn't around?

What's our main server?
New Conglomerate is our main team it looks like
Who should we follow as leaders?
What's our main strategy?
Do we recruit non-bay12ers?

There is a spreadsheet going here. You can add your information here.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What we really need is for someone to actually buck up and creat an outfit for the NC on Matherson... I would, but I'm only on several times a week, for a few hours a day... It's getting close to the point I may just do it anyway, and appoint everyone the power to add people 'cause I'm not there reliably enough to do it myself...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I actually prefer to go at this solo and join random groups of people.

But maybe it's because I get enough "socializing" outside that all I want to do is sit back and just randomly do shit without having to listen to other people for hours.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Yeah, I usually lone wolf it too. 

Interesting fact for people who want to look like a badass:  Hitting a light aircraft (Reaver, Scythe, or Mosquito) with the default heavy assault launcher will kill it in one shot.  It can be awesome to go around hunting them when they're trying to kill infantry.
Shoes...

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

If anyone sees a Vanu 'Doomlade189' on Mattherson, that would be me.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

Are you saying someone already took Doomblade187 and 188?!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 826