Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1121831 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4305 on: November 25, 2012, 10:06:08 pm »

Really? I was standing near herbs point for at least five minutes, and the bar stayed the same. Unless there is a button you need to press, in which case, derp.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4306 on: November 25, 2012, 10:10:19 pm »

If there isn't at least one friendly territory next to the one you're trying to cap and the cap hasn't already been started, you can't cap behind enemy lines. At least that's how it was before the whole 'tug of war' system came out. There's no need to press a button, though, you just stand by the point until it's captured.
Nothing important here, move along.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: November 25, 2012, 11:12:24 pm »

If there isn't at least one friendly territory next to the one you're trying to cap and the cap hasn't already been started, you can't cap behind enemy lines. At least that's how it was before the whole 'tug of war' system came out. There's no need to press a button, though, you just stand by the point until it's captured.

Incorrect, I was part of a team that airdropped on an enemy biolab well behind enemy lines and captured it.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: November 25, 2012, 11:19:17 pm »

Incorrect, I was part of a team that airdropped on an enemy biolab well behind enemy lines and captured it.

Was it completly clear of influence when you arrived? Losing adjacency will not stop an in progress assault, and Bio labs tend to turn into 20-30 min fights given the right conditions. I've seen fights in them last while the surrounding territory has swapped between all three sides several times.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #4309 on: November 25, 2012, 11:49:11 pm »

Until the defenders get the Defended message by driving off a good majority of the enemy and taking back all spawn points or if a point has begun to be taken (Or there's a permanent spawn of some sort, not including Sunderers), it can still be taken over. You can't Battlefield the spawn points in this game, though.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: November 25, 2012, 11:57:52 pm »

Yeah, I didn't get that really, until I'm thinking about it now.  When you get the defended message is there any ingame effect besides your control bar filling back up, like temporary uncappability, or is that accomplished naturally because if you get the defended message they've probably been driven back?

Speaking of which, sweeping advances are probably the most fun part of the game.  Just driving forward and moving down enemies as the line slowly recedes.
Shoes...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: November 26, 2012, 12:02:28 am »

Damn. Really wanted to be able to capture territory behind enemy lines. Send in commando raids behind the main force to cut them off, or cause a disturbance to take heat away from the frontlines.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: November 26, 2012, 12:07:22 am »

You can still fuck around behind enemy lines, but it'll be tough to take full installations like that.

Grab a galaxy and a squad of organized people and you could probably shut down a base they're using for reinforcement by destroying/hacking all the spawners.

Can you hack spawners?  I know you can hack turrets.
Shoes...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: November 26, 2012, 12:56:03 am »

Capturing behind enemy lines is sl-

-ow.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #4314 on: November 26, 2012, 01:09:55 am »

Nope.

Your best bet for capturing behind enemy lines is to capture a territory and just knife in as deep as you can go. It tends to draw a lot of attention, though, so don't be surprised if half of the million TR's on the server zerg you in hopes of getting an easy kill.

I'd be more comfortable doing something like that with a platoon rather than a squad. Imagine cutting through and simply cutting off their warp gates, preventing them from effectively regaining resources and drawing their attention away from the front... It'd be awesome.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: November 26, 2012, 01:52:17 am »

Nope.

You can hack Terminals which can spawn vehicles and change weapon load out but you can not hack a spawn room where players can spawn into the area. Though a smart thing to do when assaulting through the lines towards a Lab/Amp/Tech base is to send an advance force to shut down all generators and the SCU so that the enemy can not spawn at the location...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: November 26, 2012, 01:58:18 am »

Imagine cutting through and simply cutting off their warp gates, preventing them from effectively regaining resources and drawing their attention away from the front... It'd be awesome.
Pretty much what I spent this evening doing. On Amarish the TR had higher population followed by NC and then VS. TR had almost all the way up to the VS gate and NC held only the 6-8 areas around their warp. We set out from the NC gate taking: Blackshard Tungsten Mine, East Hills Checkpoint, AuraxiCom Substation, Granite Valley Garrison, Auraxis Firearms Corp., Highroads Station. A few others got taken also but I forget. This allowed both the NC and VS to take back a lot behind us and to our sides.

We spent ages at Auraxis Firearms Corp. with lots of AA M.A.X. and HA with HAWKs. Seeing off plenty of air. Highroads Station is what broke us in the end with so much air and many tanks rolling in. Easily one of my best nights in game so far.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Pffft. Mattherson? More like Laggerson, amirite?!

SiquoBay12 on that server, but having destroyed tank-hulls popping in and out of existence, hundreds of unexploded grenades, and people phasing through the world isn't fun. Think I'll stick to the EU servers, until they fix all that :(

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On AU Briggs...

TR decided to Swarm Indar last night. And Swarm they did, nearly 50% of the Population was TR...
I took a Platoon to Scarred Mesa Skydocks, captured it back from the TR with some sneaky Gal flying by a few of us and Held that for over 7hrs. Why didn't we push out you ask? Cause there was a TR Gal coming at us every 20mins...

Sadly the TR ended up conquring Indar later that morning but I had to sleep as I had been up for nearly 18hrs trying to turn tables on the TR...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: November 26, 2012, 07:17:15 am »

Imagine cutting through and simply cutting off their warp gates, preventing them from effectively regaining resources and drawing their attention away from the front... It'd be awesome.
Pretty much what I spent this evening doing. On Amarish the TR had higher population followed by NC and then VS. TR had almost all the way up to the VS gate and NC held only the 6-8 areas around their warp. We set out from the NC gate taking: Blackshard Tungsten Mine, East Hills Checkpoint, AuraxiCom Substation, Granite Valley Garrison, Auraxis Firearms Corp., Highroads Station. A few others got taken also but I forget. This allowed both the NC and VS to take back a lot behind us and to our sides.

We spent ages at Auraxis Firearms Corp. with lots of AA M.A.X. and HA with HAWKs. Seeing off plenty of air. Highroads Station is what broke us in the end with so much air and many tanks rolling in. Easily one of my best nights in game so far.

This was on Miller, right? Me and a couple of friends were in a push from the Bio Lab south of the NC warp gate (Onatha?) through Silver Valley Arsenal and Splitpeak Pass and then joining your group at AuraxiCom Substation. I went off to Raven Landing from Auraxis Firearms Corp., though, and got pushed back trying to take The Ascent with far too few people.

All in all, it was a really great night.

Cutting off their warpgate from most of their territory felt like a huge victory, seeing as the NC on Miller are usually hard pressed to hold our closest facilities. I feel like it should be a greater penalty to be cut off from the warp gate, something like increased spawn time (maybe 50% more time?) in cut off territories, it would make cutting off a target mean something for the current assault.
Entropy is not what it used to be.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 826