Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122056 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4200 on: November 23, 2012, 05:51:01 pm »

The appeal of taking the same set of bases over and over will not last forever.
I'm cool with it. I don't even need new guns. I've put many hours into Battlefield 3, which is much less fun than this. It might get boring without friends, but with them it can last forever, though maybe with breaks.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4201 on: November 23, 2012, 05:51:06 pm »

I imagine 2 of the continents will be completely capped, by TR and NC respectively. No land for VS though. Only the warpgates, as both TR and NC descend upon the third continent, leaving a massive frontline drawn across the land.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4202 on: November 23, 2012, 05:59:45 pm »

I imagine 2 of the continents will be completely capped, by TR and NC respectively. No land for VS though. Only the warpgates, as both TR and NC descend upon the third continent, leaving a massive frontline drawn across the land.
It doesn't really work that way, because you can never cap the warpgate. They'll never have enough manpower to bottle VS up in the warpgate on both continents while simultaneously engaging them across the third continent AND avoid fighting each other. Simply doesn't happen.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: November 23, 2012, 06:02:26 pm »

One day, the great TR and NC empires will unite in a glorious crusade against the much despised Vanu scum.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: November 23, 2012, 06:21:42 pm »

I've heard that factions only had one uncappable warpgate in the entire game on Planetside 1, and you could push enemies off of any other continents until they could gear up to take it back.

I also recall a story where the uncappable warpgate stopped being able to spawn for the TR, and they were wiped off the map because half the people left in protest and the other half had to face the combined wrath of both other factions actually cooperating.
Nothing important here, move along.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: November 23, 2012, 07:34:17 pm »

well i managed to get on, and it didnt lag horribly, yay!

how do i resupply my tank ammo, though? i tried driving back onto the pad and it destroyed the tank :p

i must look like such a noob when im playing ^^

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: November 23, 2012, 07:41:43 pm »

There are towers with a neon ammo symbol at some bases, park near them.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: November 23, 2012, 07:48:39 pm »

I know it's possible to cap a complete continent, because yesterday the second continent had a message on the map. Something about "Last capped by Vanu: X bonus awarded".  ???

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: November 23, 2012, 07:51:20 pm »

They just mean all have been capped but the warpgates.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: November 23, 2012, 08:37:17 pm »

Why do you hate the Vanu?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: November 23, 2012, 08:39:38 pm »

because they're purple-bellied, laser-using, scum-of-the-earth bastards with star-trek visors.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: November 23, 2012, 08:46:36 pm »

I'm liking this game so far! What server are most of the B12 people on?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: November 23, 2012, 08:51:15 pm »

Matherson I belive. Mostly NC too.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: November 23, 2012, 08:51:52 pm »

I'm on Matherson right now, just poking around. Do we have a Unit yet?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: November 23, 2012, 08:52:37 pm »

I don't belive so.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 826