Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122332 times)

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3990 on: November 20, 2012, 05:46:38 pm »

Steam seemed to be pretty quick for me, I had the whole thing down in less then 2 hours, used log me in and hit it on my lunch break.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3991 on: November 20, 2012, 05:50:05 pm »

It's just past halfway, so I should be done downloading later tonight.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: November 20, 2012, 05:52:30 pm »

Is "Huge FPS with hundreds of people on each team" Spanish for "Run for ten minutes and then get shot by someone you never saw?" or is it just a coincidence that every such game is like this?

And is "Squad mechanics" Spanish for "You can have your name on a list that no one pays attention to?"
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:01:53 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: November 20, 2012, 06:02:42 pm »

So who is on Aremish in Mattherson??? NC
Hit me up as soon as you can...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: November 20, 2012, 06:12:05 pm »

My computer is so slow, it's going to take me 2 days to download.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: November 20, 2012, 06:19:28 pm »

I'm NC on Matherson.  I can't remember the name of my continent, something with an E, it's snowy here.  Things actually got a little fun for a while.  We took some small installation from the Vanu and then the terrans came out of nowhere but we were pushing them back too when I crashed.

And now I can't get back in because the "server is full" (This is the worst thing a video game can do, server queues where members get in automatically).  There is apparently no one in the queue so I guess I'll just sit here all day while it thinks about letting me in.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:28:58 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: November 20, 2012, 06:35:29 pm »

I'll hit up Mattherson on NC when I'm on. Download said 30 minutes (yay living in the city again). Name should be Timferius

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: November 20, 2012, 08:00:19 pm »

DL says just barely over 90% now, so I should be finished soon. I'll hit up Amerish. Oh, and by the way, if anyone's having trouble finding battles, the map tells you conflict points, though it's not always the best representation of fighting. It is decent, though. On a side note, the little 4-wheelers (Flash) are awesome for getting around by yourself.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: November 20, 2012, 08:25:57 pm »

Joinned up with a small platoon, pretty much took all of Aremish back from TR, Indar seemed like it was in trouble so we moved over there, doing the same...

Lost all Communications, couldn't even hear others via Mic, relogged to fix problem and then got stuck in a queue..... Scratch  that, making ground now....
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: November 20, 2012, 08:28:35 pm »

Is this not launched in the EU or something?

Created an account and now I can't login to the client, or the planetside2.com, I can only log in on planetside2.eu...

EDIT: apparently there are problems with the eu stuff...
maybe ill try again tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:38:15 pm by Twiggie »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: November 20, 2012, 09:06:47 pm »

Eh, queue. Anyways, NC, Mattherson, IGN is Doomblade187.

EDIT: and now I'm getting crashed game. Lovely. Who wants to bet the servers died?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:19:22 pm by Doomblade187 »

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: November 20, 2012, 09:15:29 pm »

No other people from Europe? Me and a medium sized group of friends started as NC there.
What's your IGN? ...I'm not in yet, but I might get to kill you some time!
Mwahaha.

EDIT: apparently there are problems with the eu stuff...
maybe ill try again tomorrow.
So much for the servers holding up then.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: November 20, 2012, 09:19:54 pm »

So much for the servers holding up then.

Speaking of which, did they just die?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: November 20, 2012, 09:27:55 pm »

My ingame name is Cfoofoo.  I've been switching back and forth between Amerish and Elylulylon or whatever the fuck.
Shoes...

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: November 20, 2012, 09:34:27 pm »

So, played for 4 hours and gained enough certs to unlock... a reflex sight.  For 1,000 certs a gun (5,000 kills)... I don't think I'll keep interested long.  At least until my Alpha Squad SC runs out... paying $7 for one gun is a little insane.  Defended PS2 all through beta as not being Pay2Win... but now, it pretty much is.  Case in point, swarms of Scythes and Reavers with store-bought rocket pods owning everything on Amerish.  Non-paying characters have literally no counter for it. 

Played PS1 for about 4 years solid, then off and on until the present... and it seems like for PS2 they put in less than half of what they promised they would, and all of what they promised they wouldn't.  Makes me sad, honestly.  I wanted to love the game, and wanted it to do well.  Don't see it lasting long, as I can't see any casual player paying $7 for a virtual gun, and I don't see them putting in two weeks of effort to unlock one.  You think they'd have learned from the GW2 and SWTOR F2P flop that the key part of "microtransaction" is "micro."  Buying all the guns and cosmetic items would cost more than a decent used car at the moment. 
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 826