Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122414 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3915 on: November 16, 2012, 07:07:37 pm »

Hey guys, after the game releases I am going to be starting something much like a NC PUG Platoon, where almost all of the platoon are PUGs that join, but I need strong leaders that know what they are doing when it comes to well, leading. At the min I would be looking for at least 3-7 folks to join me in wrangling the NC PUGs into a deadly fighting force...
I'm not too good at leading, but good at following orders. I have a mic but am loathe to use it (kid asleep and wife around). In if you want me.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3916 on: November 16, 2012, 07:13:27 pm »

I'll tell you the same thing I tell people who bitch about shotguns in every other game: KEEP YOUR FUCKING DISTANCE. You want to run-and-gun? You'll lose to shotguns every time. Doubly so in this case, as going toe-to-toe with a human tank makes no damned sense.

That's not really applicable when you're talking about infiltrators with shotguns. Have you actually played the game yet? Running around as an infil with a shotgun is hilariously OP. You can sneak around behind enemy lines and just run from cover to cover shotgunning all the people trying to 'keep their distance.' Occasionally you'll not notice someone facing your way and they'll see you moving or unstealthed and shoot you, but for the most part if you're decent at sneaking around you can just run from group to group blasting people. My K/D ratio for the time I spent playing shotgun infiltrator the other day was 15, and it would have been even better if I hadn't been running into ridiculous situations like trying to shotgun 10 people at once (and successfully getting 6-8 of them before going down - shotgun headshots blam blam blam).
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: November 16, 2012, 07:16:43 pm »

Essentially with the Infiltrators think what it would be like if say, In tf2 the Spy got a standard FPS shotgun. That's what the issue was. Cloak, run the long way around, uncloak right behind someone. Blow their head off. Rinse and repeat.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: November 16, 2012, 08:20:07 pm »

Hey guys, after the game releases I am going to be starting something much like a NC PUG Platoon, where almost all of the platoon are PUGs that join, but I need strong leaders that know what they are doing when it comes to well, leading. At the min I would be looking for at least 3-7 folks to join me in wrangling the NC PUGs into a deadly fighting force...
I'm not too good at leading, but good at following orders. I have a mic but am loathe to use it (kid asleep and wife around). In if you want me.

I'm pretty much in the same boat here, my game time is kids bedtime, so miking it up doesn't work very well.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: November 16, 2012, 10:22:44 pm »

Are you going to be using any sort of Teamspeak or Ventrilo? or will it be purely in-game-voip?
I do not have any TS3 or Vent Servers that I can access freely, but if someone does that would be a plus, otherwise it would be mainly in game voip but also Steam Voip could be used as well. Generally though as this Platoon will be mainly handling PUGs ingame Voip is the main choice due to the difficulty in getting people to join an outofgame voip system is next to impossible due to pathetic reasons from the player... (Not their fav, complain, don't want to download, cry cry, etc)

What's a pug now?
PUG is a MMO term refering to someone that is a player that does not exist within a guild or group which organizes raids or parties and just Picks Up a Group (PUG). Generally the masses in MMOs that don't really want to go into Guild Poltics and such and just want to play the game. Also generally a group of players that lack communication or general leadership and thus end up following a pack of skilled players like a Leech or generally gets slaughtered in game...

Also something you never want to really be part of in anything like Dota/LoL cause you know your going to lose/someone drops out/blamers and so forth. Managing a PUG group is next to impossible, but so far as long as you present a unified goal and the obvious gains that they will recieve they will follow blindly and such. But it will still take time to organize...

A good example is trying to get one squad to abandon a cap on a low grade (+250Exp) base to start a cap on a higher grade base (+500Exp), many will be unwilling to abandon that 250 Exp. A good Guild Squad will all be moving towards it the second the order would be called for example. Grabbing land in the new Meta Game of Planetside2 is really more important due to the fact that in the end you are gaining resources where your foe is not, meaning more deploying of tanks/aircraft/infantry tools and so forth...

I'm pretty much in the same boat here, my game time is kids bedtime, so miking it up doesn't work very well.
Leaders are prefered to have mics as I said before but hey anyone that can follow orders and present a good form of responding is fantastic, always need folk to present a good face. Perhaps we should look into something like a Steam Group or something like that to just get the basics down of who is who and when is good and such... Y'know...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: November 17, 2012, 02:39:11 am »

I barely know anything about this game or it's predecessor... But I have seen some very impressive gameplay videos, which has gotten me very excited for this release.
But it's clearly not a game I'm going to be able to just jump into on my own...
Anyone here planning to play in Europe?
I'm pretty good at following orders, but I've also got experience in situational assessment... Basically I play a lot of Armed Assault 2. :P
(I'll probably favour a support class, like medic or engineer, as that's what I tend to go for, especially in MMOs.)
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3921 on: November 17, 2012, 03:02:17 am »

And beta is now over. Servers come back up for launch Tuesday 10am PT(GMT-8).
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: November 17, 2012, 04:18:19 am »

Now thus may seem odd but being Australian I was always expecting tons of lag for me to even be able to play on the US servers. But I saw very little. Even in the heated battles. In other games such as TF2 and such where it required a good bit of skill over mindlessly hitting a key like in other MMOs, I never felt like I needed to be on the Oceanic Server even once. I prob could see some difference if I did but yeah...

Alway be willing to give it a go one servers where you have friends on which are not local fot you. It may not reallly matter.n.
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: November 17, 2012, 04:38:01 am »

Count me in. What server tough? I'd still like to be able to play with other B12ers and non-B12 friends, so that's improtant info. Especially since noone is ever online. I'm up for medic and HA. Not for vehicles tough. Even less for DRIVING them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: November 17, 2012, 05:08:52 am »

I myself would love to stick to the server of which Enclave (big TR outfit with a rude leader who thinks he is the best. Look for his vids on youtube.) The idea of PUG platoons kicking him out of all the bases around the map really tickles me...

Last checked that will be one of the US servers...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: November 17, 2012, 05:15:32 am »

He may be a dick leader, but the Enclave have a pretty good reputation.

This obviously means that some well-placed ass-kicking is apropriate. *Evil grin*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: November 17, 2012, 05:20:29 am »

He may be a dick leader, but the Enclave have a pretty good reputation.

This obviously means that some well-placed ass-kicking is apropriate. *Evil grin*
Point case and Fact there... Already pushed them out of a few places with PUG groups already. But yeah want to hammer in that fact...

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: November 17, 2012, 05:41:35 am »

Like lots of online guilds, it's little more than a zerg with the ego of one or two men driving the whole thing.  Not saying that that sort of dictatorial guidance can't be successful, but there's not too much to admire there.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: November 17, 2012, 10:57:34 am »

I'd be interested in leading/joining, if you DO want a TS3 server I think I may be able to secure one from a friend (100-slot server I think, would be shared)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: November 17, 2012, 02:59:04 pm »

I'd be interested in leading/joining, if you DO want a TS3 server I think I may be able to secure one from a friend (100-slot server I think, would be shared)
Well at first I dont think we will be really needing one tbh. But if for example we start an Outfit with the main goal of my plan of PUG "control" we could recruit members from the successful platoon runs...

On the note of Outfits. What kind of name should it have. I wasnt aiming for anything Bay12 specific mind you. More of a Mercanry style thing...
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 826