Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122633 times)

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3675 on: November 01, 2012, 11:39:26 pm »

Note to self: equipt the items you get from certs, and check if they are items and not upgrades to current equipment.
They are items and not upgrades. Even things like the bandolier, sprint speed boost for LA etc are actually armors, meaning you need to forfeit a stronger armor for relatively unhelpful utility. There are a few things that are "upgrades" like the grenade toss speed/distance, but the vast majority of unlocks need to be equipped (and thus utilize an item slot).

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3676 on: November 02, 2012, 02:22:17 pm »

Is something wrong with medkits? It never would let me buy any. Relogged, nothing helped. Used the one it gave me when I got the cert and it fully healed me after being heavily injured, so I want to buy a bunch for when I play heavy, but I still can't buy any.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: November 02, 2012, 03:55:40 pm »

hmm... have no experience with medkits so I can't help. 

I find I do best as a sniper if I end up at a different location assaulting a base than the bulk of the assault, the enemies will not be focused on me.  and toss grenades into a spawn room when your side gets control of it and get a lot of kill assist bonus.

Also, it seems that planetside 2 crashes if you tab out of it for too long.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 04:01:25 pm by bluejello »

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3678 on: November 02, 2012, 04:10:46 pm »

I prefer playing heavy assault. Find a building or other cover with enemies in it, shield on, run in LMG blazing. Mow a few down, then if I'm still alive step behind cover to reload and let my shield recharge before doing  it again. Usually end up with a K/D ratio of at least 2:1.

Battles on open fields are a bit more brutal for heavy assault. Usually wind up being sniped or bombarded by enemy armor. In those situations I often try to move from cover to cover and get behind the enemy lines, then ambush the enemy snipers and blow up a few tanks by rocketing them in the back. The LMG just isn't good at long range, so I can only be effective as heavy if I can get in closer.

Getting a squad of mostly HA with a few medics and engineers to move in like that can quickly demolish the enemy armor lines and let your side move in, at one point me and 5 other heavies managed to simultaneously drop 3 prowlers at once with 6 rockets fired as a volley right into their backs while they were focused on bombarding other infantry across the field. We had 3 medics and an engy with us, keeping us alive and armed with rockets. That squad of ten must have killed 20 tanks in that one push alone before we wound up losing all three of our medics at once and had to respawn.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: November 02, 2012, 05:08:51 pm »

I find I die a lot with the heavy assault, full shield activated I run into a place and get shot to death without doing much damage.  Some certs but mostly default

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: November 02, 2012, 06:17:54 pm »

The HA can take a lot of damage and punch hard, but that doesn't much matter when you're running into crossfire. The LMG chews through enemies being forced into a narrow corridor (I can get 3 kills before they even get through my shields) but in a wide open space where it takes time to swap targets, there's not much anyone can do except hustle to the nearest not wide open space and hope they aren't shot.
Nothing important here, move along.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: November 02, 2012, 09:39:37 pm »

Is something wrong with medkits? It never would let me buy any. Relogged, nothing helped. Used the one it gave me when I got the cert and it fully healed me after being heavily injured, so I want to buy a bunch for when I play heavy, but I still can't buy any.
Uh, hmm. I've only tried the "heal over time" medkit because they are supposed to heal more overall, but I'm guessing they are bugged because they only heal me like 4-5 health bars, and then once it's done healing it bugs out and I lose the last 2-3 bars when it changes weapons. Neither of them are meant to be a full health though, I'm pretty sure.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: November 03, 2012, 12:12:18 am »

Was the 1 November wipe the last one or will there be another on release day?

\/\/\/ Just looked it up on the forums.  They're doing another wipe for the 20 November release.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:33:29 am by Microcline »

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: November 03, 2012, 12:21:03 am »

Im sure there will be another wipe.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: November 03, 2012, 01:01:04 am »

There was a wipe on Nov 1?  Didn't affect me.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: November 03, 2012, 02:38:31 am »

Yeah, my characters haven't been wiped either.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: November 03, 2012, 07:11:50 pm »

Servers down to put the new patch up! Notes here:
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/update-notes-11-02-2012.39647/

Looks solid overall, a bit more aircraft survivability, good bug fixes, and lots of tweaks, plues a new continent and the Twitch.tv functionality is activated.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: November 03, 2012, 07:19:52 pm »

er, what is the latest update? an why is it 3 GB large... oh, a new continent is released.

UPDATE NOTES: bugfix for buying a medpack is in there, and weapon attachments should attach automatically, YAY

Was going to post them in a spoiler, but got ninjad

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: November 03, 2012, 07:25:00 pm »

I'm anxious for this patch. I think the state of the game at this juncture is critical as to whether or not the game will be ready for end of the month. If things are starting to feel more balanced and less buggy, I can see them making it just in time, however if there are still some big bugs and balance issues, it'll be a tight race, since there's what, 2 more beta weeks left?

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: November 03, 2012, 08:17:47 pm »

The AV MAX weapons was a welcome change.

They actually do damage, now.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 826