Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1123759 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3150 on: October 09, 2012, 08:24:38 am »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm never joining a random squad ever again. I'll either be joining with people I've VOIPed with previously or creating a squad whose name is something like "VOIP only".

It's too bad that if one side starts winning, everybody else form the other sides leaves. I mean, it's nice winning and all, but it's sad to see 60% NC and 17-18% VS and TR. I get the feeling the other sides are maybe not as organised? I mean, two or three 12 people squads using VOIP properly are probably worth 100 random players.

It's more like NC has an almost constant 40-50% pop anyway and often times there's just no way to fight against that. So the others leave and it goes even higher.

You're right, it's NOT fun... for either side, except those people who like just camping around someone's warp gate and sniping at them. Yes, I did it for a short while when the VS had Indar locked down... and yeah, it got boring real fast. I've also been on the other side of that too, locked down in my warp gate, occasionally sneaking out to cap a nearby point quickly before the enemy rushed over and stomped us into the ground. No amount of organization is going to help when you're surrounded by dozens of tanks and aircraft and they're all focused on you and you can't do anything about it because they know where you're coming from and know your only options of advancement are right through them. You just wait till they get bored.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3151 on: October 09, 2012, 09:08:32 am »

Well, what I've personally seen (in one or two days of playing, mind), is that the continent's population is 33/33/33 until one side starts winning (possibly because they just got more organised). Then the people from the other factions leave, and people from the winning faction join for resources. And then you're 60/17/17 for whoever is winning, like last night.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #3152 on: October 09, 2012, 10:10:04 am »

Seems like ingame voice comm is a no go half the time for me. Sometimes its coming through clear while others its not even workimg half the time. Its just like TF2. What I wouldnt giv for a group that uses something like TS3 or Mumble or anything...

TS3: join the server testoutfit.info. No port or password required.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3153 on: October 09, 2012, 10:43:45 am »

Seems like ingame voice comm is a no go half the time for me. Sometimes its coming through clear while others its not even workimg half the time. Its just like TF2. What I wouldnt giv for a group that uses something like TS3 or Mumble or anything...

TS3: join the server testoutfit.info. No port or password required.

Whoa, that's pretty awesome. I have to say though, if the in-game comms work, they give people's voices this really immersive tone, as if we're all talking on military mikes or something. TS is nice for understanding people better... but I might still use PS2 in-game VOIP for immersion, as long as I understand what people are saying at least half the time :)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: October 09, 2012, 10:50:04 am »

I really hate when people push for external comm systems in a game that already has them implemented to a decent degree. It just breaks up the community, you have to remember an extra set up buttons to push if you want to talk to your external squad... all in all, just a pain in the ass.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #3155 on: October 09, 2012, 11:01:20 am »

External voice coms are pretty much required when you are working with a large, open outfit like TestOutfit. Anyone can join and many do every day. Using Teamspeak makes getting these people into the group worlds easier.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: October 09, 2012, 11:17:52 am »

Been playing for a day or two and im loving it so far. I know they are trying to stress the servers on this stage but i would really love a auto-kick for afk or something like that, its just sad to see half of the population idle on the warpgates and the half full galaxis waiting for troops.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3157 on: October 09, 2012, 11:33:31 am »

There is an autokick for AFK. It's actually a bit too enthusiastic to kick someone, as I've been kicked after well under 10 minutes before.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: October 09, 2012, 01:19:04 pm »

I've been kicked while waiting for a gunner in a Lib  >:(

Still crashing at ca 30 mins. of play, every single time. Sucks.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: October 09, 2012, 01:27:36 pm »

Well, I'm starting a Bay 12 Outfit on Thebe, since I presume that's where all your characters are already? I still stand that we should have one unified Bay 12 outfit, but if someone else thinks they'd be a better leader I'd be up for it; as you've noticed I haven't had a lot of PS2 time lately.

I also say we should just stick to PS2 voice. Seriously.

Anyway: Bay 12 Outfit on Thebe. My name is Sensei, I'm on now.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: October 09, 2012, 01:53:34 pm »

I think i'll come on. Not having too much luck in SPAZ.

Whoops, NVM, i gotta go.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: October 09, 2012, 03:58:45 pm »

Which empire is this for?

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #3162 on: October 09, 2012, 04:09:13 pm »

NC

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: October 09, 2012, 08:12:29 pm »

I used to like NC. Then my friends convinced me to try TR. I will admit that I moved to a different server, but... the NC suddenly didn't look so great.

Mainly because they outnumbered us and the Vanu combined.

And we could still kick their asses... well, the TR could. The Vanu were probably even worse than the NC. At least the Neo-Commies could actually kill me on a regular basis.
Nothing important here, move along.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: October 09, 2012, 09:16:52 pm »

If anyone has a beta invite i'd be happy to take it.  Please PM it to me
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 826