Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1123530 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2565 on: September 10, 2012, 07:17:17 am »

O, so what does signing up for the beta do? News and updates?
Without a key? Lets you know when open beta starts.

They are supposed to be doing a character wipe and mass release of some goodies soon. Then roll out the second continent not long after that. I wouldn't expect OB to start until after the third continent has been released and tested. They are probably going to need that, along with a lot more optimisation, to accommodate the population levels.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: September 10, 2012, 09:00:56 am »

I suggest we pick 3 servers and have different factions on each server. That way we can all have the faction we want without fighting each other.
This won't work, yeah. We pretty gotta team up. And again, US-EAST-2 NC is the place to be right now!

I DID IT! I FUCKING DID IT!
Got in the beta? What's your name? Form an NC char on East 2 if you want to be part of the outfit.

Edit: Derp, East 2

Im from Denmark, in Europe :(
Might get horrible lag.

But yeah NEW CONGLOMERATE FOREVER!

Also my name ingame is SpaceGoat.. or SpaceGoitur.. cant remember. I have a character named SpaceGoat.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: September 10, 2012, 09:02:42 am »

So, the poll states if we want to play in 1,2,or all 3 faction groups, but specifies them. What is the majority of players don't want to play NG?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: September 10, 2012, 09:08:27 am »

So, the poll states if we want to play in 1,2,or all 3 faction groups, but specifies them. What is the majority of players don't want to play NG?

That would be a bit persumptious though. I want to play NC, but I voted for all three, just because I felt that it was fair enough for whomever didn't want to play NC to still be able to play in a Bay12 Outfit.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: September 10, 2012, 09:39:27 am »

Damn it... dick guns...

Slightly NSFW just from the players, not any actual nudity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REyQEgejnDY

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2570 on: September 10, 2012, 09:40:36 am »

That happened to Sensei the other day, but only I could see it. Graphical glitch I guess.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: September 10, 2012, 10:12:47 am »

Funny enough I did happen to see it on someone else.

Anyway, for those of you who weren't here, we decided (I proposed and nobody complained) that we were going to choose an outfit leader (so far, myself, though I can still be open to elections) who would then arbitrarily choose a server and a faction, just for the purposes of getting people into an outfit above all else. So the server is East 2 and the faction is temporarily NC. However, since I still feel weird just going dictator on the faction choice, I have decreed Sensei McMayor has issued a new mandate: There will be a short story contest to choose which faction we play as after the next character wipe. The next wipe is expected to be in a couple weeks.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: September 10, 2012, 10:34:15 am »

I had to pick this moment in time to investigate the thread. :|
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: September 10, 2012, 11:09:56 am »

Any other outfit on eu servers? Im not going to play fps with latency i got with useast.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2575 on: September 10, 2012, 11:11:44 am »

Any other outfit on eu servers? Im not going to play fps with latency i got with useast.
Rock Paper Shotgun has NC and VS outfits on EU1. I believe the VS outfit's pretty disorganised, though.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2576 on: September 10, 2012, 01:07:36 pm »

Is the lag any better today? Thinking about getting on a bit.

Having some issues actually getting my new computer parts ordered. I'll be glad when I get my new video card in. Then I should be a much better bomber/gunner for planes (I'm sure Sensei will be happier with me gunning for him when I don't freeze up for 5 seconds right as we get into prime bombing territory). I might even be able to fly planes without freezing up as I'm doing a turn and end up barrel rolling into the dirt. Hopefully it'll help a bit with the crashing too, since other folks don't seem to have it near as bad.

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: September 10, 2012, 01:55:11 pm »

I'd suggest getting a better and/or different altogether card with that kind of problems, Paul.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

_forgotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: September 10, 2012, 03:57:35 pm »

Because of effin issues with CC payments that are happening with Alpha Pack i literally spent whole day emailing and talking between SOE and my Bank,then created NETELLER for Prepaid CC and it still didn't work so i had to swing back and forth with SOE and now NETELLER . My issues are still not resolved . I was never frustrated like this in my life. Rubbish customer support on all three sides ....
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:10:09 pm by _forgotten »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: September 10, 2012, 04:00:34 pm »

Funny enough I did happen to see it on someone else.

Anyway, for those of you who weren't here, we decided (I proposed and nobody complained) that we were going to choose an outfit leader (so far, myself, though I can still be open to elections) who would then arbitrarily choose a server and a faction, just for the purposes of getting people into an outfit above all else. So the server is East 2 and the faction is temporarily NC. However, since I still feel weird just going dictator on the faction choice, I have decreed Sensei McMayor has issued a new mandate: There will be a short story contest to choose which faction we play as after the next character wipe. The next wipe is expected to be in a couple weeks.

I was going to stay out of it, but hell, why not? More people away from those nasty blues is always a good thing if I can do it. I'm hardly a fiction writer, but here it is, my little piece of TR propoganda.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:23:28 pm by sluissa »
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 826