Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1123052 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2160 on: August 29, 2012, 09:56:33 pm »

This game is fun!

...not the Beta, I'm probably not gonna get allowed in 'till it's almost over. I mean the guessing game.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: August 29, 2012, 09:57:10 pm »

Its more of a vagueness contest than a guessing game though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: August 29, 2012, 10:06:27 pm »

Man I'm excited to try out <insert new featuer here>. It should make <current point of gameplay> much more exciting! As well as <adverb> <verb> at <nouns>.

Damn I hate <documents> that prevent me from discussing <interactive media>.

Indeed, although <new feature> is kind of pointless due to the way <current feature> works - someone can just hold a <current feature> on you without actually firing their <related feature> at you, and you'll end up wasting all your <new feature>s trying to avoid the <related feature>s that haven't actually been fired yet.

So I expect they'll have to enable something else besides <new feature>.

... Or was that not what you were talking about?  :P

Umm, nope. I'm pretty sure I know what <current feature> and <related feature> are, but not sure what <new feature> is, as it relates to the preivous features.
I was refering to the 2 differing <New Features> added to two similar <current features> to test out new <noun> <verb> mechanics.

Well, really, it's more two different <modified current features> being tested, more than a <new featuer> on its own.

Edit:
Rejoice! https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/240902172999561217
According to the latest Smedly tweet, not only are they updating the Adjacency mechanics finally (Wow, I can say that, since it's in the tweet, but probably makes no sense to non betaites, does it?). But with the youtube uploader being put in (!) they're going to be lifting the NDA soon! Soon, soon we can discuss <feature> <other feature> and also <bug> and <mechanic>!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:12:20 pm by timferius »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: August 30, 2012, 02:56:11 am »

I just put all my shit on "High". Wow.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: August 30, 2012, 06:01:45 am »

Well, really, it's more two different <modified current features> being tested, more than a <new featuer> on its own.

Ahh, of course. Zurvan and Peris, right?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: August 30, 2012, 06:58:11 am »

Ahh, of course. Zurvan and Peris, right?

Yes, quite, I guess I could've used names and still remained vague enough. Kinda hard to test Peris as NC though. But Zurvan was fun, it'll work better once more people realize the changes.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: August 30, 2012, 07:16:08 am »

The walls and the towers, man. Finally they're important. There's still issues, but I really like doing Zurvan now.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: August 30, 2012, 11:49:11 am »

The walls and the towers, man. Finally they're important. There's still issues, but I really like doing Zurvan now.
apparently, with today's <censored> they've added more <censored> to Zurvan, making it a massive <censored> and extremly <censored> and <censored> to <censored> now!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: August 30, 2012, 12:21:11 pm »

apparently, with today's <censored> they've added more <censored> to Zurvan, making it a massive <censored> and extremly <censored> and <censored> to <censored> now!

Okay... I should know what you're talking about, and I still don't... that's just being too vague.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: August 30, 2012, 12:30:09 pm »

Okay... I should know what you're talking about, and I still don't... that's just being too vague.

Well, I haven't had a chance to play yet today, but more walls. Apparently makes a big change.
Ya, that still feels vague, I'm comfortable with that.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: August 30, 2012, 12:41:50 pm »

I did notice there were some things occurring in places they didn't occur before. And you had to do one thing in order to do another thing at some places. There are still some similar things that appear to need to be done, but that I can't really figure out what they do once you do them. They appear to be a slightly different color than the things that I know need to be done.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: August 30, 2012, 01:15:47 pm »

They're experimenting with ways to cap, and I was worried it'd just all be the same. It is glorious.

Waiting for another <censored> amount of Mb's as an update is less glorious, though.

Edit: watch some beta stream here: http://www.fpsgeneral.com/streams/planetside2/57-planetside-2 while you wait.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2172 on: August 30, 2012, 04:01:59 pm »

Did an update just release? it's downloading really sluggishly at the moment.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: August 30, 2012, 05:36:49 pm »

Good lord that thing's huge! Guess I'm not playing for a while.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: August 30, 2012, 07:53:37 pm »

Did an update just release? it's downloading really sluggishly at the moment.
It's been a few hours, but yes, an update released today.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 826