Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1123252 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Nah, he actually managed to kill the other guy as well. :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The stream is live from E3, it's just they have 12 stations which they can flip to and stream the footage from.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Ah, fair enough, I only saw a small part of the stream, so thats probably why I only thought it was one person  ::)

From the parts i've seen though, it definately looks like a day 1 purchase from me.  One thing i'm not sure about is how the 'world' is split up, is it just one open world map you can move about at will, with objectives/bases/etc.  scattered around, or is the map split into seperate zones or such, with loading screens or something similar seperating them?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Ah, fair enough, I only saw a small part of the stream, so thats probably why I only thought it was one person  ::)

From the parts i've seen though, it definately looks like a day 1 purchase from me.
How does one day 1 purchase an F2P game? ???
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You move freely, but there are at least 3 different "continents", or different servers basically.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, it's free to play!? I thought it was PTP  :o 

Edit: just re-read the OP, can't believe i missed that!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

The first was subscription.  The second is microtransactions mainly for appearance things, like camo variants and different outfits (horns on your helmet, etc).

It's a free-range world, totally open, but you'll mainly find yourself on the road from one area to another, or fighting in one base.  I don't suspect there will be much conflict in the middle of nowhere.  There will be three continents, but each of these is totally open once you arrive there.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The first was subscription.  The second is microtransactions mainly for appearance things, like camo variants and different outfits (horns on your helmet, etc).

It's a free-range world, totally open, but you'll mainly find yourself on the road from one area to another, or fighting in one base.  I don't suspect there will be much conflict in the middle of nowhere.  There will be three continents, but each of these is totally open once you arrive there.

They suggested they're trying to make fighting happen more away from bases by putting capture points at things other than bases and towers. Each hex on the map is capturable, and not all of them have buildings.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That still promises little to no "open plains" warfare.  At least on Indar (or whatever it's called).  The Scottish Highlands continent may have more broad open combat.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Out of curiosity, is our group going to focus our efforts on a particular continent?  Or is it too early for that sort of thing?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I imagine we will travel to where the action is. A roving band, dedicated to the annihlation of
*insert empire you don't like here*.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Heh, drop pods are kinetic kill vehicles as well.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Riiiiight because Dwarves are so specific.  It doesn't matter.  Human, elf, goblin, other dwarf...  When all you've got is a battleaxe MAX everything looks like an Elf Barney.

I suspect we'll just take up whatever side is losing, because they're the side that's going to be fighting the most in the future.  REALLY hope we get to change nations so we can go with the side that's the most interesting.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

You get limited to a single character per server.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would be a good feature, being the under dog dwarf does sound like it would be the most fun
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 826