Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122738 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

What it's going on about for the all access pass is that you can buy a pass that lets you play all of their games rather than buying a pass for each one individually. As Planetside 2 is Free to play, there is no need for you to worry about the pass.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Wow way to go Sony what a massive fuck up, well I don't really give a shit I refuse to make another account with some shitty company.

And I don't Like the sound of a subscription, sounds like we are going to have to pay for this service >:(

Before we get upset about this, we should wait and see for ourselves.  Also, the all access subscription sounds like an extra thing for all SOE games, not just planetstrike 2.

Edit: Ninja'd :S

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Can we please use for coordination something sane (like IRC) instead of the godawfulshitfucking Steam?
And man, fuck Steam.
Seriously, fuck Steam.
And man, fuuuuck Steam.

I'm getting that you dislike steam.
Can you at least express yourself in a manner consistent with adult socially acceptable behavior though? This is getting vulgar and rather repetitive.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even if us Europeans can play on a server across the pond, I'm not so sure that we want to. I just tested it in Tribes, on EU servers I usually have ping 20-40, on US servers it's 250+. That's pretty bad, and if it's the same in PS2 (don't see why it wouldn't be), I'd be in favor of regional B12 outfits.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's my understanding based on that, other statements and similar games I've seen.

The fundamentals;
- There are two sets of servers; US run by Sony and European run by PPS.1 Games.
- Neither set of servers are region locked and anyone can sign up and play on any server they like.

Based on my experience;
- International cash shops are ugly from a tax POV. The cash shops may be regionally locked (or rather the pay currencies) to avoid these problems
- Such licenses can be volatile. There is a chance PPS.1 Games will lose it after a few years, forcing a transfer of the European severs to another company. I'd put the chances low, but still prefer the US for long term (5 years or so) stability. One company who shall remain nameless deliberately messed up their servers (massive item/xp dumps) before handing over to a new company, forcing a total restart.
- European servers have far better localisation and regional support, helping ESL players. However, these are usually carried out after the initial patch/development work, so usually delay European releases compared to US.
- Strong localisation can also lead to strong segregation with exclusively non-English speaking guilds springing up. In games needing server-wide coordination this can hurt badly.

The advantages of a Germany based server and European based support is obvious, but I personally think the above will push me to the US servers for the most part, even if it means no cash shop access.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm leaning toward US as well, but i'll have to wait until the beta to see if my connection can handle it..

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I'll play EU if its possible, but US is fine for me too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll play EU if its possible, but US is fine for me too.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

I'm from the US, but I think we're actually the minority as far this thread goes.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I live in canada so US +1 but i do have a badass connection even on EU/Russian server i barely never go over 100 ping, when i do its THEIR fault not mine.

Just to give an idea i can download faster than my HDD handle the load eh...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At the moment, it seems to be 10 EU players, and 7 US.  Though I wasn't trying very hard to count  :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:38:52 pm by draco1234 »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

Don't really care what servers I just want to play in the bay12 outfit and with you guys
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't really care what servers I just want to play in the bay12 outfit and with you guys

Same, I'm just trying to work out which server will inconvenience the least amount of people. 

« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 01:30:53 pm by draco1234 »

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile

Another from the US.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 826