Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1121853 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4260 on: November 24, 2012, 04:03:20 pm »

I'm playing on Mattherson now. Is there a B12 outfit? Barring that, are there any people playing now who want to form a squad? I'm with the NC.

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4262 on: November 24, 2012, 09:06:33 pm »

Mattherson is the most popular.

Yeah, too popular.  I've been stuck in the queue for at least a half hour now, with a "server is full" message.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: November 24, 2012, 10:01:22 pm »

It's like every single person and their mother is in the NC.

What can I say? Smurfs are awesome.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: November 24, 2012, 10:10:00 pm »

It's like every single person and their mother is in the NC.

If I've told you once, I've told you a million times - Don't Exaggerate!
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: November 24, 2012, 10:11:19 pm »

Internet crash while posting = double post.

Apologies.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:27:24 am by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4266 on: November 24, 2012, 10:20:41 pm »

On Lithcorp it seemed to be mostly Terran vs Vanu last I was on it. Terran dominating on one continent, Vanu dominating on another and pretty much even splits between Vanu, Terran and NC on the third. I was playing Vanu on that so my perspective may be a little shewed.

Just switched server to Woodman because some people from my old college I still have on steam are on it and one convinced me too xD Terran this time. Apparently you can't re-use the same name for different servers because my "TheMotleyBrit" on Lichcorp was "taken" when I tried to use it again on Woodman. So I'm "TheMotleyBritain" instead xD

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: November 24, 2012, 10:59:34 pm »

People don't seem to understand the importance of attacking/protecting the outlying spawn buildings, especially at bio labs...

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: November 24, 2012, 11:54:46 pm »

Part of it is because the game's new, as are most of the players. Every time a bio lab is attacked, someone asks "what's up with the enemy shields in our base!"

That, and it's a bit tough breaking out of a bio lab once they've got a surround on the vehicle bay.  :(

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: November 25, 2012, 01:50:23 am »

Is there an outfit on Helios for NC?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: November 25, 2012, 03:45:20 am »

Its actually not all that difficult breaking out. Once you get at least 6 people working together in breaking through the Armour that camps it you can easily move around and take out any sunrise under the lifts and after that you can work on the saterlites...

During Beta the outfit I was in were all self centered and didn't realise what was going on other then they were killing people, didn't matter to them that they were nearly over run...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: November 25, 2012, 06:05:53 am »

There, now there's one more player on Jaegar.
Character: Vorxil, Vanu
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:08:30 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: November 25, 2012, 06:47:45 am »

What was the mumble server IP for Higby's Heroes again?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: November 25, 2012, 09:24:33 am »

So I joined as Ultimuh, Vanu on SolTec.
Just to try things out.
And I must admit, I am not a big fan of NC's music theme and color scheme.
And tough I do not really like the colors of the Vanu, I do like the music theme.
So maybe I should go as TR?

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: November 25, 2012, 09:32:07 am »

What was the mumble server IP for Higby's Heroes again?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would agree that biolabs are almost impossible to defend when compared to the other buildings.  They've got no walls, the capture points are close together, the places you can park a sundy at are spread out (meaning it's hard to stop an enemy push), and reaching the capture points and locking down the spawn doesn't involve going through the vehicle bay.  Every biolab rush I've done locked down the spawn in under a minute and the rest was just waiting.

\/\/\/ Here's my setup

Looking at the error message, that's probably not the problem though.  Have you made sure your copy of mumble is up to date?  Otherwise I'm as much of a mumble noob as you are. :-[
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 10:05:04 am by Microcline »
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 826