Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1121879 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4215 on: November 23, 2012, 08:53:59 pm »

because they're purple-bellied, laser-using, scum-of-the-earth bastards with star-trek visors.

And your beard looks silly. What of it?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4216 on: November 23, 2012, 08:58:49 pm »

Touche sir, Touche.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: November 23, 2012, 09:08:02 pm »

Why do you hate the Vanu?
I used to hate the Vanu. Then I became the Vanu. They're weird and purple, with alien lasers, and they devote their lives to technology they don't understand. But I like their weapon characteristics more than the others', so I went with them.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: November 23, 2012, 09:54:06 pm »

I hate the Elmo more than anything. Their weapons are boring, their clothing is stupid, and they don't have any of the cool shit. NC and VS forever! NC more, though.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: November 23, 2012, 09:56:05 pm »

TR colors are the best, though. Neither Blue/Yellow nor Purple/Cyan are very appealing. However, their guns are rather boring.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: November 23, 2012, 09:59:03 pm »

Welp. There was a dick at the NC warp gate crashing his mosquito into other ships, trying to wreck them. Busted my ship, gotta wait ten minutes, get in a galaxy, halfway there, the pilot switches it to squad only ejecting us from a hell of a long way up. Fuck that, I'm going to bed.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: November 23, 2012, 09:59:28 pm »

I find NC colours to be better suited to their vehicles, whilst TR colours look good on air and inf, I don't think I need to express my opinion on the Vanu
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: November 23, 2012, 10:13:24 pm »

Welp. There was a dick at the NC warp gate crashing his mosquito into other ships, trying to wreck them. Busted my ship, gotta wait ten minutes, get in a galaxy, halfway there, the pilot switches it to squad only ejecting us from a hell of a long way up. Fuck that, I'm going to bed.

That doesnt seem like a bad idea, its perfect drop coordination!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: November 23, 2012, 10:23:06 pm »

I like how, in Battlefield 3, everyone who jumps out of aircraft gets a parachute. I think that could work in this game. Gives a tactical advantage, as you don't have to find a place to land and run up, but you fall slowly enough that you can be shot before you hit the ground. Also limits that form of griefing.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: November 23, 2012, 10:29:29 pm »

You can jump from galaxies and you wont take damage at all, just in case you didnt knew.
And i wouldnt like other vehicles to be used as transports when they are not ment to be (happens in battlefield a lot, ppl get into planes just to get so some place they cant walk to).

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: November 23, 2012, 10:31:26 pm »

Oh, I took damage. I took damage all over the damn ground.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: November 23, 2012, 10:37:55 pm »

Why do you hate the Vanu?
I used to hate the Vanu. Then I became the Vanu. They're weird and purple, with alien lasers, and they devote their lives to technology they don't understand. But I like their weapon characteristics more than the others', so I went with them.
Indeed. I find I can barely use the NC starter carbine, and I already have 1 medal with the Vanu default carbine. Also, they have great iron sights.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: November 23, 2012, 10:42:57 pm »

In all truth you shouldn't. Its a Bug that they seem to over look every time...
Jumping out yourself is a Surefire way or not taking damage, but being locked out of a Gal should not make you take damage on impact...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: November 23, 2012, 10:46:48 pm »

In all truth you shouldn't. Its a Bug that they seem to over look every time...
Jumping out yourself is a Surefire way or not taking damage, but being locked out of a Gal should not make you take damage on impact...
Bug or not, it annoys me that people would do that. Giving us a heads up? That would be fine. Dumping us out with no warning? Dick move bro.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: November 23, 2012, 11:00:18 pm »

You can jump from galaxies and you wont take damage at all, just in case you didnt knew.
And i wouldnt like other vehicles to be used as transports when they are not ment to be (happens in battlefield a lot, ppl get into planes just to get so some place they cant walk to).
That's quite helpful. Thank you.
It happens in Battlefield because 1) The community is terrible. and 2) There aren't really any designated transport vehicles. There may be a couple weaponless spots in some vehicles, but nothing big.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 826