Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122306 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4020 on: November 21, 2012, 04:51:57 am »

Well that's a little annoying, I was happily farming heads at Lepordwood Nursery as the vanu tried to get their flashes when all the servers except Jaeger just went down.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4021 on: November 21, 2012, 05:01:40 am »

A quick note for those that are finding themselves getting, as someone said 15certs over 3-4 hours...

1: There are tons of ways to gain Certs over killing. If you are finding that you are having a hard time doing so try moving towards Engie or Medic. As those classes try and find a squad or platoon who are working well together. That is they are not spread all over the area of combat.

Medics focus on healing everyone around you and dont forget your ability (f key) which heals everyone around you. Also revive everyone you see. You gain more points wheb healing and reviving Squadmates too...

Engies. Drop ammo. Repiar armour. Play medic for Max suits. Your Deployable Turret is your friend focus on doors and place it where you have little chance of being flanked or hit over a Long distances as your turret can be a rocket magnet for heavies...

I suggest to all that you shy away from playing Infiltrator unless you can make every shot hit. Be tht killshots or not. Missed shots wont get you anything but a body shot may gain you assist exp...

Light Assult focus on moving around and not only above. But know that you can easily get the dop on many if you attck from their blind spot of above...

Heavies. Your not tanks nor are you bullet sponges like TF2 heavy. your shield isnt a saveall make sure you get suit upgrades asap...

always go for the flank. infiltrators and most heavies focuising are great freebies...

remeber yot TTK isnt long make it count...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: November 21, 2012, 05:12:15 am »

Servers down for me...on the upside, I noticed an Aussie server.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #4023 on: November 21, 2012, 05:19:20 am »

The scope of the game is huge. It's been pretty fun so far, if a bit laggy and floaty.

Shame the servers went down. I was planning on pulling an all-nighter.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: November 21, 2012, 05:50:47 am »

Woodsman EU

I'm on Miller, EU, as NC. So maybe you won't get to kill me after all. IGN is Silfurdreki, same as my forum name.

No other people from Europe? Me and a medium sized group of friends started as NC there.

I'm actually surprised at how well the servers are holding up.
EU here too and NC. Maybe we'll bump into each other.

What server are you on?

Regarding the cert gain-rate, it's very possible to gain a decent amount of certs per hour, I played ~2.5 hours yesterday and got 42 certs before the game crashed (for the second time) and had to go to bed. I think a cert rate like that is not too terrible, the main problem is how some essential tools are locked at the beginning. Most notably any actual mobile AA capability. The best you have by default is the single-burster MAX, and that's not very clear to someone just starting. I played the beta for a couple of weeks until I realized you could put an AA gun on the MAX.

I also read somewhere[Citation needed] that they put back passive cert gain for the release. Something like ~10 certs a day, as long as you log in once every 24 hours. Can someone confirm this? If it's true then I don't think cert gain is a huge problem in itself.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: November 21, 2012, 07:02:40 am »

Well, we seem to have dispersed over the servers quite a bit, so I guess I'll jump in an EU server. I'll probably continue as NC, so I'll head to Miller as well.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: November 21, 2012, 07:43:49 am »

Sooo, are we going to have a group then? Or should I start looking elsewhere for my group play.

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: November 21, 2012, 07:45:05 am »

Mattheson seemed to get a few of us, split between NC and Vanu. Then there is the EUs...
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: November 21, 2012, 07:54:17 am »

God, we are incredibly seperated right now.
We need to pull togheter. I'm planning to main a chracter, so we need an overview on what server is playing. Blizzlord, could you set up a poll about on wich server everyone is (and as what faction?)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: November 21, 2012, 08:01:30 am »

Part Two : Passively Gaining EXP...

Other then being the Healing or Repairing Class there is a few other ways to get EXP without killing other players...

When in battle, its a GOOD idea to SPAM q...
q (or whatever you rebind it to) is that of Spotting, and as of a recent update during the beta a way to communicate depending on the target.

Spotting a Foe will bring that player up on ALL Ally radar within the area, highlight him via his/her name and also show their health. Not only is this handy but if you are the first few who spot that player on that players death you gain approx 10EXP as a Spotting bonus, so if you see a swarm running along spam q and spot them all. When they are defeated you can net a good amount of EXP for little to no work.

The other handy thing q can be used for is communicating to other players of your faction without having to open the voice coms to call for Heals, Ammo, Repairs and Pickups. Look at a Medic and pressing q makes you call out for heals, and so forth. Can remove a bit of key pressing in times of need...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The MAIN Passive method of gain EXP is that of Base Capping. Around the map as you may already know there is plenty of Bases, each varrying in their worth. Large Bases like Labs/Amps/Techs will in fact net you 1000Exp when the base is flipped to your Factions Control. Many other bases will give you 500Exp with the smaller giving you 250Exp. This means that if you focus on taking land you can easily amass Certs due to each 250EXP = 1 Cert...

Another thing to be of note is that taking objectives such as the points and outposts will net you also 100Exp each time it fully flips from theirs to yours. That is a Full Bar of their Faction control to become your faction control. There also be a Cooldown of sorts meaning that you can't abuse this in anyway by having a friend on another faction cap and then you cap back. Untested so not sure. Along with the points are also Generators, in each of the major Bases and a few Mid Level Bases there are Shields corresponding to different grades of either Armour or Infantry, that is if you see a Barrier with an image of a Tank on it, you can't drive through it but you CAN walk though it. Inside each base there is though Generators that correspond to their Shield, Infantry can invade the base and Overload the Generator, doing this will also give you 100Exp...

One of the ways an Infiltrator can make EXP without killing is via Hacking any of the Terminals inside a base, by hacking the terminal you can switch the control of them to your faction for your team mates to use to resupply or spawn armour. As long as you don't have other players trying to destory them for the Exp this can be both a vantage to you in Exp gains and your faction for the ability of change it can present...

There may be more ways to gain Exp, but its best for you to find out yourself and work out how to make yourself useful on the battlefields...

Cya out there...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: November 21, 2012, 08:03:51 am »

Wasnt 500 XP one cert? (I would be happy if it turned out it was turned back to 250)

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: November 21, 2012, 08:06:09 am »

God, we are incredibly seperated right now.
We need to pull togheter. I'm planning to main a chracter, so we need an overview on what server is playing. Blizzlord, could you set up a poll about on wich server everyone is (and as what faction?)

ON THE NOTE OF THIS

I myself have been waiting for the Ingame Viops to stop bugging out before starting to gather everyone that wants to work together...
Though regardless, throw me a Friend Request when your ready.
AUSGrizzly
NC - Mattherson...

Wasnt 500 XP one cert? (I would be happy if it turned out it was turned back to 250)
Really don't know where you even heard this....
I have been getting 4 Certs from taking a Techlab gaining 1000Exp at the time, and countless other points giving me a Cert for the small bases....

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: November 21, 2012, 08:09:08 am »

It was 500 before the release. But hey, that's only good new. I'll be gone from the computer for a few hours, mayby more, mayby less. After that i'll come online.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4033 on: November 21, 2012, 08:25:05 am »

The last patch before the beta ended dropped it down to 1 cert per 250 xp which is where it seems to be for the release.

I'm currently NC, Metalax on miller. Once we sort out what server the main group is going to be I'll spawn a char there.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:27:22 am by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: November 21, 2012, 08:30:21 am »

Welp...
Currently heading to The Crown - Indar - NC - Mattherson...
Meet up with me there if you can guys...
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 826