Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1123068 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3465 on: October 22, 2012, 09:12:01 pm »

Had a blast today just driving around on a quad repairing tanks in a large push on Freya Amp Station. It worked remarkably well, but it's annoying when tanks run away as you try to repair them when they're not under fire.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: October 22, 2012, 10:32:32 pm »

If you could repair tanks (or get in) without the risk of being randomly "run over" and causing a friendly fire warning for the tank driver, that would be more worthwhile, I think. As it is, I, for one, tried that previously and am too paranoid/terrified of tanks to try it again. (Hell, I've been "run over" by my own tank, while it was sliding slowly downhill and I was uphill behind it where it should have been perfectly safe, walking towards the back of it because I was somehow unable to get back into it unless I walked right up to it (which killed me despite that it couldn't possibly have "run over" me)).

For anyone who gets the bright idea that I could have gotten my foot stuck under a tread and gotten dragged under, it was a Magrider, so, nope. There's no sensible explanation at all. They're just surrounded by a LOLDIE field for no explicable reason.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: October 23, 2012, 04:01:26 am »

Reparing Phalanx turrets is a lot easier, yield the same xp, and they don't randomly back up and run you over.  :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: October 23, 2012, 04:46:54 am »

For all those Aussies who play Plaentside 2, there is a sever coming out for us.

John Smedley’s Twitter post

I'm excited, it's good to see a company that releases servers down under.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: October 23, 2012, 05:24:14 am »

At last.

It's a bummer when the server shuts down at 1730 and boots up at 2330, (local, that is).

So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: October 23, 2012, 05:49:26 am »

Yeah, getting run over by a tank you're repairing is the most annoying thing ever.  I always stand to the side to minimize the chances, but some tank pilots seem to have a will to destroy anyone who repairs them.  Ran up to a burning tank and repaired it to full, standing 3 feet to the side of it.  He doesn't move when I'm repairing, but the second I finish, he backs up, turns, and squarely runs me over >.<

I think there should be a minimum speed to kill people.  I've had people run out from behind buildings in front of me, I slam on the brakes and seem to stop just short of them, and then all of a sudden they just drop dead for apparently no reason.  I've even died by touching a stationary, driverless tank while taking cover behind it >.<
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:51:30 am by Seraphim342 »
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: October 23, 2012, 07:38:06 am »

It's frustrating when you run up to a Sundy or tank to hop in from the side, they move one inch forward, run over your toe, and kill you. No wonder the Clones are free...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3472 on: October 23, 2012, 07:52:14 am »

Annoyed with NC for now, I made a VS character. I was on a roll. We were defending The Crown last night from TR and later NC and I blew up two prowlers, three lightnings and a vanguard with a heavy assault. I also managed to land the killing blow on a full galaxy while in a lightning, which is a very satisfying shot.

I kind of wish that the weapon unlocks from Alpha Squad were available in the beta. I can't really unlock or use anything except the default stuff right now.

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: October 23, 2012, 08:08:48 am »

I love the Skyguard lightning.  Took a little while to figure out where to aim for long-range high-deflection shots, but once you get that down it is SOOO good.  Was swatting Reavers out of the sky like flies last night.  I even killed a normal lightning and finished off two vanguards in it XD.  If you hit them from behind, a full clip will take a lightning down to half health and do maye 1/4 damage to a "real" tank.  They need to be either terribly bad or not paying attention to get all 40 rounds off though...

I just wish it was more effective versus infantry.  Takes about 6-8 shots to kill even a cloaker, and it's got a lot of recoil and spread and you have to hit them dead-on... further exacerbated by the fact that you have to back up a hill just to get a soldier on the same elevation as you inside your firing arc. I mostly just don't bother and try to roadkill them.  You'd think a 20mm cannon would do at least as much damage as the regular sniper rifle shot-per shot...  oh, well.  I love it for what it is, an absolute hammer of god against anything that flies.  Can't wait to get it topside armor, upgraded sights, and top speed.  It can already almost keep up with a Galaxy on flat ground =D
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: October 23, 2012, 09:04:00 am »

Ok, so. AA is lethel, BUT, at long range it scatters quite a bit. There's a high ceiling limit to flight. So, why would you come in low altitude with a Gal or a Lib? I ran a test in a Reaver, and no one even noticed me flying over enemy territory. It was actually usueful, using mouselook and tilting my aircraft, I could scan for enemy fighter down below, then swoop down on them like a bird of prey.

Anyone up for a High Altitud Gal Drop test tonight?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: October 23, 2012, 10:24:01 am »

Well, unless you have the upgraded liberator main gun, then you're going to be pretty low if you want to hit anything. Even the big cannon has a somewhat slow travelling shot so you need to be either really good at leading a target, shooting at stationary targets, or low to be able to hit anything.

You're also much more vulnerable to fighters when you're high up.

Gals probably should fly higher sometimes, but it's not all hot drops. You do have to go in and pick people up sometimes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: October 23, 2012, 10:28:07 am »

I signed in just now and the game won't recognize the Outfit. Pressing Outfit just shows the 'create outfit' screen. Anyone know why? Just another bug?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: October 23, 2012, 11:07:10 am »

If anyone has a key I can use,  I would appreciate it. I think it will take me a long time to download though...

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: October 23, 2012, 11:41:36 am »

Guys, hit me up with how to form a squad with you all! I'm keen on playing with a bay12 group!
Poysky Productions

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3479 on: October 23, 2012, 11:59:01 am »

Huh, our outfit must have disbanded.

Been seeing nobody online for a while, was that actually nobody online or was it bugged? Now it just shows that im not in an outfit anymore.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 826