Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1123624 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3210 on: October 12, 2012, 10:48:37 am »

Considering that you usually dont break out far, you could have them reduce it by one second and have one second be the limit. Even tough there are 3 biolabs. (i think?)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Leesin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: October 12, 2012, 11:06:38 am »

Lately I am struggling to play for long periods of time, because of one thing that will never be 'fixed', fixed as in enjoyable for me, not for the actual game or everyone else.

It's Snipers, now personally I just hate snipers in every game where there is no limit on snipers ( I don't hate Snipers as a whole, just hate it when there is a stupid amount of them ). Seeing as it's impossible to limit snipers in PS2 I am finding that a majority of the large battles I am involved in are starting to become full of snipers. I myself enjoy playing Infantry classes, except Sniper ( obviously lol ).

It wasn't like this before, but lately half of the infantry I see are snipers. Sure, the perfect counter would be to play sniper myself, but that's boring as hell for me. I just find it's killing the exciting and tense firefights because alot of the time you, your teammates or the enemies you're having a firefight with will just get sniped, considering alot of a battle takes place at sniper friendly range the only time you get a decent firefight is A) if your team manages to push into the enemy base or B) the enemy team manage to push into your base.

It's leading me to break away from any major battle and pretty much forces me to find tiny battles just so I can have some fun without 100 snipers killing every Infantry that isn't a sniper. In turn I am getting bored because these small battles just aren't intense or that fun. Atleast this has been my own experience on the EU server Eurydome as of late, I'm just really struggling to have fun without having to play in a veichle and I don't find being a sniper fun.

Venting complete, thanks for reading, lul.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:08:26 am by Leesin »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: October 12, 2012, 11:13:33 am »

Well, zurvan is not a long-range base once you get in. A sundie would probs do the trick.
And i am annoyed by sniperstorm too. I just hate it when you are with 500 behind a rock and whenever somebody peeks their head out it gets torn into sub-atomic particles.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: October 12, 2012, 11:15:03 am »

I love snipers. They die so easily...

OTOH, if you manage to kick me out of a turret by hacking it and then kill me with a pistol, you deserved that kill :P

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: October 12, 2012, 11:15:46 am »

Yeah, but you dont if you are watcihng every possible spot a head could appear from behind a rock.
I never play sniper because i suck ass tough :P

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: October 12, 2012, 11:45:44 am »

OTOH, if you manage to kick me out of a turret by hacking it and then kill me with a pistol, you deserved that kill :P
I used to do this as LA, before hacking was even in. I got them to get out of the turret by jumping around in front of them until they got pissed off enough and came out.

I wish there'd be some form of meta game to it. Like if the bases you held not only gave each player resources, but if some of them went to an empire's coffers. They could be spent on daily boosts, or spent on accepting orbital strike requests. All of this would be handled by those with the highest of command ranks.

I wish facilities gave specific abilities to the empire. Say for example that you capture a kill sat control station (nevermind that it doesn't exist in the game). That gives you control over the kill sat, allowing you to execute orbital strikes. Extra points if you actually have to go there an order the strike by operating a computer console. But if you don't have control of that facility, then you can't do that regardless of how much cash you have. Currently it's all about resource flow, the facilities are completely interchangeable. Lost one? No biggie, just capture something else. Losing an amp station or a tech plant should have a more interesting effect than just decreasing a number. Who gives a shit, it's just a number.
Yeah, medic healing is buggy.

I agree with the meta part. That would be nice. Tech stations should slightly increase cert gain. Cant think of anything for biolabs or amp stations tough. Except for a reduced vehicle cooldown for amp stations?
I like the idea of reduced cooldowns/respawn times. Of course, the downside to that is that it means that whichever faction is already winning just has advantages piled on them. If it's going to be like that, I think the bonuses should only apply to the other continents. That makes poplocks actually valuable and gives you a reason to break them as well. Alternatively there's always cert/auraxium boosts, which don't affect combat as directly.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: October 12, 2012, 04:56:50 pm »

There's a very special joy in getting behind enemy lines as heavy assault, and taking out a whole squad with one well placed rocket, then everyone going paranoid. I also enjoy basically doing this as a sniper http://www.blastwave-comic.com/index.php?p=comic&nro=2 never actually killing them, but simply harassing them and occasionally putting a bullet in their foot before cloaking, laughing, and moving to the next position.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: October 12, 2012, 05:44:10 pm »

So, I need to pick up a mic still for this game (and get my net working at home, but that's another story). I already own a good pair of headphones (Boss) so I don't want a full headset, but at the same time my desk is already cluttered, so I don't really want a mic that sits on my desk. Is there any other options out there, or am I going to have to suck it up and get a stand mic for my desk?
You could get a clip mic of some sort. One that clips onto your shirt or headphones; or a small one that attaches to your ear without getting in the way of your headphones.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: October 12, 2012, 06:03:47 pm »

So, I need to pick up a mic still for this game (and get my net working at home, but that's another story). I already own a good pair of headphones (Boss) so I don't want a full headset, but at the same time my desk is already cluttered, so I don't really want a mic that sits on my desk. Is there any other options out there, or am I going to have to suck it up and get a stand mic for my desk?
You could get a clip mic of some sort. One that clips onto your shirt or headphones; or a small one that attaches to your ear without getting in the way of your headphones.
I don't know of any ear mics that don't also try to include a speaker, so you're best off with a mic that clips on your shirt collar, or the bridge of your headphones if it's got a long enough bendy bit. They're a little more expensive than I would have expected (good search shows a relatively cheap one at $23 and some up to $50).

Alternatively I'd bet you can find a mic that attaches to the top of a flatscreen monitor. Hell, if you do electronics at all you can probably rig one yourself.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: October 12, 2012, 11:41:20 pm »

I started playing. I'm kind of confused; it's a lot to jump into. It's not running smoothly, and I'm having trouble hitting enemies. But overall it's good. Infiltrator is the best for general situations, from what I've seen.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: October 13, 2012, 03:35:59 am »

Being medic is a pain in the ass sometimes. I'm used to TF2's medic and the way the medi-gun in PS2 actually requires you to aim at the target is a pain. I don't mind having to aim it, don't get me wrong. I just wish it would 'pulse' for long enough to get the +10xp for a heal when it's applied. As it is with the way how people feel the need to run around while I heal them, it takes away the XP reward quite often as I don't have the heal beam applied long enough. I find the area heal to be very good though.

Then there is the way that you sometimes see that dead ally laying 50 feet away, and YOU JUST KNOW that they will respawn back at base while you are one second away from reviving them. If having a heal beam on them could just keep them from redeploying or something; or better still have the revive option appear even after they redeploy at a base with a spawn tube or sunderer that would be great. It happens so often that I maybe manage to revive 25% or so of the people I could otherwise revive. It's a huge time waster as combat medic.

Today I was having some fun with the cheap C4 cert unlock medics can have currently though. While it doesn't make much sense for medics to be the ones with a cheap C4 cert-unlock, it's kind of nice. I blew up a lot of infantry by throwing it through one of the doors leading to stairs at The Crown, and had a critical kill assist on a sunderer crucial to the Vanu's spawn camping us. I just know thought that one day I'll blow everyone up on accident with it; like at a generator or something. Today though people seemed to listen fairly well when I warned them about the C4. Today it was a grenade I blew everyone up with at a generator on accident.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:41:36 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: October 13, 2012, 05:19:26 am »

I just know thought that one day I'll blow everyone up on accident with it; like at a generator or something.
Perfect class for accidental team kills.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: October 13, 2012, 05:31:00 am »

I just know thought that one day I'll blow everyone up on accident with it; like at a generator or something.
Perfect class for accidental team kills.

Yeah, I do medic when I drive my Flash with the 20 millimeter on it. That way when I run you over I can jump off right away and fix you up and most people won't shoot my vehicle to death unless there is nothing bigger to shoot and they've killed me already. With tanks that's an awful big and safe place to jump out of.

Maybe that's why C4 is cheap for the medic as of now. It's a funny reason but a reason nonetheless. That way only medics are likely to have the accidental team kills with the largest explosive. Though I sure do it enough with the frag grenades all classes can pack too. Those things either soar through the air roughly where I aimed or hit some invisible terrain and go right back at me.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 05:33:57 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: October 13, 2012, 05:36:45 am »

I'm still getting used to the C4; Currently getting more C4 kills against fixed turrets than vehicles. Used to play heavy but found light to be far more enjoyable.

Last night Friday Night Ops was on my faction's server. Them being VS and us NC we decided to roll over there with three squads to cause some trouble. Just watched the first two battles and I'm happy to see I killed Luperza with a grenade :P.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: October 13, 2012, 06:18:05 am »

I am a surprisingly ninja-esque medic. Killed a few infiltrators and heavy assaults as medic while camping the TR warpgate. And by that i mean, those that drove in on a flash and that i took out without help.

One of them killed me and then dissapeared from where he was. He still was there tough. He was hiding behind a rock near north weigh station and shooting at me from far, not really having succes. Every time he broke trough my shield i simply activated my healing shield and went gone for a few secs to let my shield recharge. Then he dissapeared from the rock. Obviously, something was wrong. He was probs  trying to sneak up to me. So i took the route he would most probably take to me. Saw him. He must have been pretty surprised, he didn't activate his mesh, but i activated my shield.

For good measure, i T-bagged him. He was being kinda annoying and noisy when he killed me the first time.

E:

Guys, esamir is breaking out. If you want to farm some last auraxium, now is the moment.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:07:13 am by miauw62 »

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 826