Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1123458 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2580 on: September 10, 2012, 04:14:13 pm »

Any other outfit on eu servers? Im not going to play fps with latency i got with useast.
Can I ask a favor of you? Just try US-West briefly and tell us how it goes. I am in the western United States, and I've connected to EU servers just fine and East fine for a while but just now East is having problems (and apparently for everybody, including East Coasters). However, I've still not heard from an EU guy whether their situation is the same as mine.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2581 on: September 10, 2012, 04:16:46 pm »

If we do go TR we will have to change servers. TR is overpopulated on East 2.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: September 10, 2012, 04:28:37 pm »

After a wipe the server pops might change completely. Also, I'm personally still hoping for cross server characters... I still don't see any good reason to make people have different characters for each server.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: September 10, 2012, 04:57:13 pm »

After a wipe the server pops might change completely. Also, I'm personally still hoping for cross server characters... I still don't see any good reason to make people have different characters for each server.
I made a thread on the subject earlier on the PS2 forums. Apparently, later you will only be allowed to have one faction per server, and that's the reason you won't be able to have one character on all of the servers.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: September 10, 2012, 05:18:16 pm »

The reply wasn't from a dev, so I have a hard time trusting them. But yeah, like you said, for a F2P game, that's a crap way to "prevent spying" Just make a second or third account... Not all that hard. Even is PS1 they just stuck a several hour cooldown on joining a server as a faction if you'd already logged on as a different faction in the last 3 hours or so, I believe.

I have a feeling they just want people to have to buy their cash camo over and over for different characters.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: September 10, 2012, 05:40:41 pm »

Been playing East today and the problem seems to have been fixed.

EDIT: Nevermind... played a few more hours and it swiftly became rubberband madness again.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:26:05 pm by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: September 10, 2012, 07:29:31 pm »

The reply wasn't from a dev, so I have a hard time trusting them. But yeah, like you said, for a F2P game, that's a crap way to "prevent spying" Just make a second or third account... Not all that hard. Even is PS1 they just stuck a several hour cooldown on joining a server as a faction if you'd already logged on as a different faction in the last 3 hours or so, I believe.

I have a feeling they just want people to have to buy their cash camo over and over for different characters.
While I haven't really sought verification I'm guessing he got that from one of the many, many interviews/releases/etc that SOE gives to everybody but their forum-goers. Of course, I'm still kind of hoping to find some particular indication otherwise...

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: September 10, 2012, 09:17:13 pm »

So far I've gone without spending anything on any F2P game. I was thinking that this would be the game where I would just spend 40 bucks on some pack. I don't know if I can bring myself to do it though. I feel like for $40-60 I get less than I got with the original Planetside.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: September 10, 2012, 09:56:27 pm »

So far I've gone without spending anything on any F2P game. I was thinking that this would be the game where I would just spend 40 bucks on some pack. I don't know if I can bring myself to do it though. I feel like for $40-60 I get less than I got with the original Planetside.

Of course you get less, it's a F2P game, its whole business model is based entirely on selling you microscopically small pieces of unnecessary content for ridiculous prices in order to offset the fact that the game itself is free (the fact that this actually works is just evidence that human beings are utterly illogical and completely unfathomable, btw). But didn't PS1 have subscription fees of like $15 a month? Now that I would never consider worthwhile. Four months of that and you're up to the full price of a triple-A title. And PS1's been going for what, almost ten years? Fifteen bucks times twelve months times ten years is a shitload of money. I think even if you bought every single piece of cosmetic content they're ever going to have, PS2 is still going to be better value than that.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: September 11, 2012, 12:01:13 am »

So, I spent 6000 Auraxium on the M30 (or whatever the faceless designation was) mortar for the Liberator. Only to find that it replaces the AA gun and not the gun pointed at the ground. And your view while using it is upside-down. I tried it out with a random guy and we got shot down before he could get any kills with it, because, no AA. So far it seems like an "oops" purchase, since the reaver support you'd need for any real operation offsets the value of squeezing more anti-ground stuff into one vehicle instead of just getting another Liberator that can defend itself. However, I'll be on tomorrow if anyone wants to try it out and see if we can make some infantry who forgot to bring AA really suffer.

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #2590 on: September 11, 2012, 07:23:45 am »

Anyone know how to unlock the secondary weapon slots on aircraft? I looked in the certs but I can't see the option for it. I've got two different weapons for the Scythe but it'll only let me use one at a time, and I need both.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: September 11, 2012, 07:45:26 am »

Those are for rocket pods and a2a missiles, which you buy in the store with auraxium.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: September 11, 2012, 07:59:42 am »

Those are for rocket pods and a2a missiles, which you buy in the store with auraxium.

For a bajillion auraxium.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #2593 on: September 11, 2012, 08:29:55 am »

Oh snap. I bought the Light PPA for 5000 thinking that I could use it as a secondary. Now I'm stuck with a weapon that is pointless without the 10000+ Au rocket pods, since the PPA is air to ground only.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:31:51 am by mikefictiti0us »

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2594 on: September 11, 2012, 08:35:12 am »

I left my character idling all weekend just do that I could get enough Auraxium for the Skyguard turret on the Lightning.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 826