Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1123333 times)

_forgotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2520 on: September 09, 2012, 12:48:48 pm »

hey guys if i buy new Alpha Squad instant access on http://www.planetside2.com/ will i be able to play on European server/s ?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: September 09, 2012, 12:52:31 pm »

As far as I am aware you can play on any server no matter where you are. This is still subject to change later though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

_forgotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: September 09, 2012, 12:56:30 pm »

Can anyone confirm that please , i don't want to buy Alpha Squad twice because for example http://www.dcuniverseonline.com have EU server and there is http://www.dcuniverseonline.eu with eu server and its confusing.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: September 09, 2012, 01:03:07 pm »

Can anyone confirm that please , i don't want to buy Alpha Squad twice because for example http://www.dcuniverseonline.com have EU server and there is http://www.dcuniverseonline.eu with eu server and its confusing.
As it is now you can create a character on any server of any location. I have both on the EU and US servers though I haven't played more than a few minutes on the US ones.
If there would be any problems at a later stage you could probably just take it with customer services

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: September 09, 2012, 01:04:48 pm »

It says that another company (Prosiebensat.1) is publishing the game in Europe and on release your Station cash will be converted to their "Seven cash". I don't know if this will apply only to the cash store or if there will be some further dichotomy between European accounts and everyone else later.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

_forgotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: September 09, 2012, 01:05:49 pm »

Okay thank you very much! If there will be any problems i hope customer service can handle it.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: September 09, 2012, 01:14:27 pm »

If you were playing Vanu, their AV MAXes were better AA than bursters for a long time. Not sure about now.

Personally I don't think offline auraxium gain (at a lower rate than online auraxium gain) will actually stop idling (because they'd still be getting less, which is the reason idling for aurax happens in the first place), and if it's at the same rate as online gain, people will be gaining aurax at what is a stupid fast rate for anything other than weapons testing. It's not a solution that will hold up on release.

My suggestion for treating the cause would be a daily auraxium gain cap for each player, based on average auraxium gain per hour times number of hours a casual player plays per day (say, 2?), and +10 aurax for warpgages in case you lose everything else. If the number of hours to reach the cap is too long, above what players are willing or able to play, then some players will still idle to reach that cap and the problem won't be solved. There will likely be complaints from people who were used to getting 12500 aurax in 2 days by idling.

If 960 aurax is the daily cap (40 aurax/5m over 2 hours), that's just past 13 days to get 12500 auraxium. If SoE wanted that to be higher, they could apply a modifier to aurax gain and the cap. x10 would give a 9600 daily cap and 100 per aurax site (and WG) until you hit the cap, preserving the ridiculously high aurax gain (higher, really) that idlers are used to for weapons testing without inconveniencing non-idlers, and it could easily be toned back down later by dropping the modifier.

I might also suggest having aurax bases give another resource that is used for spawning as MAXes, or for certain equipment or vehicles, to keep them from being neglected by players who have hit their aurax cap.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: September 09, 2012, 01:55:48 pm »

I just think the solution for ideling would be either an AFK kick for staying in the warp gate for an inordinate amount of time, or to make being in the warp gate block Aux gain.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: September 09, 2012, 02:10:36 pm »

That doesn't deal with the cause, only the effect.

You can design anti-idling-detection measures and there are plenty of places to hide in the world, inside bases, etc, where nobody will ever find you.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: September 09, 2012, 02:18:58 pm »

The vanu AT MAX appears to be better at pretty much everything.

Small arms fire can be effective against the ESA's (and can't be effective against libs or gals), but there's an ESA cert that allows you to mitigate or eliminate the damage from small arms.

The best way to idle is in a place where no one can find you on one of your empires contested aur bases, since you'll get bonuses when your team defends or recaptures it. TMYK.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: September 09, 2012, 02:20:36 pm »

I think a basic idle kick would remove a lot of the convenience of idling for auraxium. Even if though a macro could get around it, you still have to set that up. Hell, I made a thread about it a while ago. The way Auraxium gain works is an issue in its own right of course, I imagine it will be changed somehow at some point.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: September 09, 2012, 03:19:52 pm »

I somehow get the feeling something isn't actually right with the amount of Aux they're handing out. One of the clues is that you can turn in 1000 Aux for 250 of a particular resource. But I can't imagine EVER being in a position where I'd consider resources, which will likely last for all of 10-20min before something happens to my vehicle, to be worth 4 times their weight in Aux. Hell at this point I'd probably be trading resources for Aux at a 1 to 10 ratio given the choice.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 03:22:22 pm by Silent_Thunder »

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: September 09, 2012, 03:28:10 pm »

If we must do this short story thing...

Here's my WIP. Needs a lot more work and just a shaggy dog story, but can't really be bothered. So enjoy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2533 on: September 09, 2012, 03:35:50 pm »

IMO they should just make it so that all bases give a specific resource, and have the Auraxim based on total bases on the map owned instead of specific bases. Then bonus Auraxim could be awarded everywhere instead of specific places.

And to discourage people AFKing for it, just make it so that you need to do damage to some enemy (not kill, just damage), repair/heal a friendly (but only if they're actually damaged), or convert a contested point at least once every hour to continue getting points and resources. An active player shouldn't ever be going an hour without doing one of those, and if they do they hardly deserve points for it anyway.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: September 09, 2012, 03:42:32 pm »

Right now you're not encouraged to defend bases much by the current points system, and that would discourage it more if you aren't manning a turret or AA or going out of the base to look for enemies. If you sit in a generator or flag room waiting for an enemy to show up to ambush them, you'll get no points and no resources while you wait. Also, it'll continue to be boring. :P
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 826