Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1123301 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2505 on: September 09, 2012, 03:52:46 am »

Still doesn't fix how most random players would rather run back for 30 seconds than wait 5 seconds for a revive, though :P
Because a lot of the random medics tends to not revive you so it takes longer time to wait for it than respawning.

Does buying equipment in this game cost real money?
You can buy it for real money or you can gather enough of the ingame currency by playing.

Does that mean that some random asshole can buy the thing instatnly for 2 dollars, and i have to work my ass off for 200 hours+ gameplay to get the same?

Anyways.. cant wait untill theres a beta key for me :/ I WANNA PLAY THIS MAN
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: September 09, 2012, 03:56:14 am »

Does that mean that some random asshole can buy the thing instatnly for 2 dollars, and i have to work my ass off for 200 hours+ gameplay to get the same?
Not that long, but but you gain the currency by simply being in the game so you'll always have a minimum income and then you get some from doing stuff, but i don't really know from what you gain how much =P

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: September 09, 2012, 04:07:18 am »

Yeah, it's looking to me like it will take 20-30 hours of playing to unlock a new weapon. The standard weapons are also fine for most things, the only thing you really lack as a new account is AA.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: September 09, 2012, 04:08:42 am »

The galaxy turrets and tank weapon sidegrades may be the most useful things right now.

P.S. I was playing Vanu on West 1 with some other people today. No disrespect. :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: September 09, 2012, 06:33:05 am »

My summary of the unlock system;
Spoiler: Got a big long (click to show/hide)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: September 09, 2012, 06:51:22 am »

T_T I wish I could get in...

Welp, its not like Tyria is going to save itself...
\\pulls up his pants before trudging away back to Guild Wars 2\\
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: September 09, 2012, 07:00:11 am »

T_T I wish I could get in...
If you really want to play there is an offer right now where you get a beta key and some extras at release for 40 USD(you also get 40 USD worth of ingame money)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: September 09, 2012, 08:19:36 am »

As I tried to point out to some people on the PS2 forums, going from no secondary weapon on an FSA to rocket pods can't be a sidegrade and can only be an upgrade.

Same as the bursters for the MAX: it's an upgrade from no effective AA counter, not a sidegrade from effective anti-personnel or anti-armor and ineffective anti-air.

Right now, there are a few sidegrade options, but since there are obvious upgrades, the sidegrades don't get much attention.

I don't really feel like a numerical 20% is a good way to analyze certs, since there are a ton of 50 cert options open right now that allow for a completely different style of play.  It's a similar argument:  is a new player 80% as effective at dropping c4 on a MAX as a player with c4 certed into?  There are things you just cannot do without the auraxium and certifications right now.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: September 09, 2012, 08:35:28 am »

As I tried to point out to some people on the PS2 forums, going from no secondary weapon on an FSA to rocket pods can't be a sidegrade and can only be an upgrade.

Same as the bursters for the MAX: it's an upgrade from no effective AA counter, not a sidegrade from effective anti-personnel or anti-armor and ineffective anti-air.
Agreed on both of these. Again, my own solutions (and I've seen similar on the forums);

Create a basic, weak all-round missile (lock on AA/AV, weak AI potential) and grant that at start.
Grant MAXes one each of the AA, AI and AV guns, with the second one unlockable at current AA prices.

My whole post was as much about the goals and design principles of the game as it's current state. There are going to be some huge changes soon (see these notes) and a character wipe soon, so lots of this will be redundant anyway.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: September 09, 2012, 09:25:07 am »

Erherm, my short story:

There were some NC, they shot your face. NC rock.

The End.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: September 09, 2012, 10:10:52 am »

Erherm, my short story:

The End.
:P Agreed.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: September 09, 2012, 10:43:07 am »

Erherm, my short story:

The End.
:P Agreed.
...and that's currently the best story!

Anyhoo, since I've been leading the outfit and there's a lot of debate about factions, I was saying that there will be a short story contest, about why your favorite faction is the best to choose the faction more or less arbitrarily. I was planning to choose by Monday, but I think at this rate we might as well keep the temp outfit until the next wipe.

For the record the temp outfit is an NC outfit on US East 2. The final outfit will be on the same server and I encourage you all to join. My name there right now is GloriousLeader and there's others that should be able to invite you, such as Volatar, B12Siquo, Timferno (Timferius) etc.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2517 on: September 09, 2012, 11:56:58 am »

Pssst... I am cooler than Sensei. I have Tanks.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: September 09, 2012, 12:16:54 pm »

Agh, i wish i could get in. I always miss out on the key giveaways.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: September 09, 2012, 12:35:20 pm »

Finally decided to check on that Beta invite for being a PS1 subscriber. The atmosphere of war seems to be more, how to describe it, intense? Even without highly populated servers. This is mostly due to changes in combat and far more graphical destruction of vehicles. I'm still terrible at playing too!
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 826