Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1123063 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2415 on: September 07, 2012, 11:57:40 am »

name on E2 is Conall
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: September 07, 2012, 11:59:12 am »

Anyone around in the outfit on East 2 that could invite me?
I may have already invited you? I'll try again though.

What's your in-game name? :)
Also, there's NOBODY in the EU2-outfit yet, can I get some more names (Especially if my East2 ping is too big, I'll stick with EU).
You really should try playing on East 2. I normally use a US west server but I have played EU just fine. I encourage everybody to try out east 2 so that we can all be in the same place.

To clarify: we are running a temporary NC outfit on US-EAST-2. Later we will run a permanent outfit on that same server.

The final faction will go to whoever writes the best short story about why their faction is the best by monday, as I announced earlier.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: September 07, 2012, 12:04:02 pm »

I've just created KosothO on East2 (already made Kosoth on 3 and can't save the name now). Probably won't play it much yet as I want to test the new patch on my main (EU1) first, maybe let a few cert points pile up.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: September 07, 2012, 12:04:13 pm »

Odd, I didn't get my invite either. I'm logged on now if you want to resend it. That was Timferno.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: September 07, 2012, 12:19:34 pm »

For those who do not know, you can now get beta keys from here.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: September 07, 2012, 12:49:25 pm »

Timferno is in as well as a couple strangers- we had the luck to squad up with some random people who jumped in our Galaxy. One of them just asked if we were in an outfit and one of them already played Dwarf Fortress.

I've just created KosothO on East2 (already made Kosoth on 3 and can't save the name now). Probably won't play it much yet as I want to test the new patch on my main (EU1) first, maybe let a few cert points pile up.
I'll invite you later today. It also seems like invites don't work if you aren't online, so I'll try to catch you at the same time.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: September 07, 2012, 12:52:26 pm »

Post on here when you get on. I get email alerts for this thread to my phone, so should notice and server hop if nothing too major is going on.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: September 07, 2012, 12:57:46 pm »

Just had a very interesting experience with a random squad. I got together with them at first as a base was being capped. Didn't contribute much there, but then we all got Lightnings and with a mosquito as air cover went on a flanking maneuver deep into VS territory, managing to get all the way to their warp gate before being pushed back. At some point we all said screw it and someone went and got a galaxy. That went well for a while until a minor landing mishap crashed the gal. Another one was spawned by another newly joined squad member and we rode around in that for a while. I, as usual just took a gunner seat and enjoyed the ride. Took a couple more bases before something, not sure what, took that gal down. I managed a quick bailout, redeployed to the warpgate and got a gal of my own. Had a bit more success, with people cursing my landing on rooftops... (Oh whine whine... there's no flat spot on the ground, you can climb a few stairs.) Ended up at allatum, doing well in taking that facility, I'd had to bug out a few times due to tanks or reavers, but never actually died. One lib caused me trouble, but luckily it was just one guy trying to fly and gun at the same time, so I scared him off with sustained AA fire from my deployed gal. Had he had any backup though, I'd have been dead. Came back, did a bit more transporting around the allatum base to retake A and B before we realized that we'd been surrounded by the NC. Formed a quick assault squad to retake a couple of connecting outposts, made it to snake river before realizing even that'd been surrounded, so went to the Vanu archives. Took it, more whining about stairs. Tried to move back up to take the Allatum surroundings, landed at a small outpost and let the troops take it. At some point a prowler rolled up behind me... just as we were loading up and taking off, he decided he couldn't wait anymore and rammed me, killing me and most of my squad... good session that ended very badly...  He apologized... but still...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: September 07, 2012, 01:10:54 pm »

Y'know, one time, my squad was in a liberator and two other guys got in, waiting for us to take off. We actually got in tanks, so eventually the other guys in our liberator got impatient and took off- immediately smashing into a column and killing themselves.

Oh, and I'm going online.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: September 07, 2012, 01:24:14 pm »

Wow, running with a squad is 100 times better than running alone. I'll be back on later. Also, going to buy a mic this weekend

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: September 07, 2012, 01:26:28 pm »

Just coming on. EU1 keeps being reset, so despite it being great fights it's hard to stay on there.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: September 07, 2012, 01:27:22 pm »

Okay, I've no idea what I'm doing but I've created B12SP2 on US East 2. I managed to walk around for like 2 seconds before getting shot by what I think was a friendly sniper. :S

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: September 07, 2012, 01:31:55 pm »

Oh, just a heads up. They changed Zurvan a bit. Most notably, you still need to bring down both Gens to take down the shields to teh cap point, BUT you need to repair BOTH to bring the shields back online.
Also, they moved the spawn farther from the cap point.
And phalnax turrets need to be 100% repaird to bring back online.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: September 07, 2012, 01:48:19 pm »

I was having some odd mic trouble (hopefully that doesn't persist). I sent an invite to KosothO although I don't think he was on and I'll invite B12SP2 as well.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 826