Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122780 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2340 on: September 06, 2012, 01:44:53 pm »

I think I can be on often enough to invite people and set MOTD and such.

So assuming Y'all are willing to follow me, I'd say make US EAST 2 and 3 our primary/secondary servers respectively.

All that is left is to pick a faction! I'm personally leaning TR but I kinda like all of them. So I say, let's have a contest!

Write a short story about why your chosen faction is the best! (Or why the other two are godawful). Whichever faction gets the best story wins, we'll play as that. If you like maybe we can be one faction on the main server and another on the secondary. I reckon we can decide on Monday, so you have the weekend if you want. Of course if nobody bothers at all we'll just go TR I think. :P

AHA! Great idea. I'll hunker down tonight to tell an epic tale. A tale of intrigue, revolt, and repurposed mining equipment!

Edit: Unless, of course, there are any challengers to the throne?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:46:57 pm by timferius »

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2341 on: September 06, 2012, 01:47:47 pm »

Sounds fine by me Sensei. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if you just picked TR and started it now (even though I play NC).

I just had a really fun run. I couldn't find a good squad to play with, so I decided to try solo capturing a minor facility that the VS had JUST captured after they moved on to the next one, and I managed to take out a group of 6 people all by myself. I had already halfway capped the point when I saw them coming, and they split up in two groups of 3 heading for different entrances (I guess to flank me). Tagged one group of three with a grenade as they came in, killing two (threw three grenades, only one actually hit them, they seem to have a fairly small blast radius and are highly visible so most folks avoid them), got the third of that group with my gun (killing one guy a second time as the medic who had survived revived him), then all three in the second group with a well placed C4 (they were moving in a clump with a medic healing the two in front, I dropped the C4 against the inside of a doorway and ran away as soon as I saw them, and they ran right toward me, to the c4, and boom - I barely survived their gunfire when they spotted me, but I survived long enough to bait them to the door and trigger it). Then I finished taking the point and managed to get the capture before anyone else showed up. Then I walked outside, intent on going to an equipment station to get healed up and grab more grenades and C4, and got one shotted by a tank, ending my spree.

At that point the VS swarmed the place again, with me still all by myself, so all I managed to do was drop C4 on a MAX and get killed by another tank before they recaptured the place. Had a lot of fun though.

C4 is great. I've had so much fun with it. I've managed to take out MAXs several times by running up and slapping C4 down, flying up in the air, and triggering it. Caught myself in the blast once when I hit it too soon, but it was worth it. Also blew up a VS tank by running up and slapping two C4 on it when it was just sitting on a hillside pelting the NC that tried to get close to their base, I imagine that was a surprise to the guy driving it.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: September 06, 2012, 01:57:13 pm »

Are there any beta keys floating around still? :O I'd like one. :P

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: September 06, 2012, 02:08:09 pm »

So, one of the big SOE announcments just made was for a complete ripoff of the Valve - TF2 "player made items" system. Essentially, they're going to let players make models for items in game, submit them with suggestions for stats, they'll take care of final balancing decisions and pay the creators royalties.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2344 on: September 06, 2012, 02:13:51 pm »

So, one of the big SOE announcments just made was for a complete ripoff of the Valve - TF2 "player made items" system. Essentially, they're going to let players make models for items in game, submit them with suggestions for stats, they'll take care of final balancing decisions and pay the creators royalties.

How is this a problem?
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: September 06, 2012, 02:29:53 pm »

Also, they've admited that they're not the first, but the first for the MMO industry.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: September 06, 2012, 02:53:31 pm »

Never said it was a problem... just that they were building up a big announcement and that was it.

EDIT: of course, any time you give players creative ability, I"m going to be worried about dick guns... but... hopefully they'll pick through them better than that.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: September 06, 2012, 02:58:30 pm »

Or they might allow a dick gun and set a high price on it just because they know a lot of their player base would buy them.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2348 on: September 06, 2012, 05:01:51 pm »

So, after playing the game for two hours, I am glad I have joined the crew. This game is really really cool.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: September 06, 2012, 05:12:14 pm »

I made a temporary outfit (Bay12 Temporary) on the NC faction on USWEST1. So if you have an NC character on that server tell me your name and we can try out being an outfit, even though most features are disabled.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: September 06, 2012, 05:30:45 pm »

Didn't have a char on that server, but I just made one named Conall there.

Didn't get a reply from B12Sensei, did you pick the same name there? On USWest1
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:33:50 pm by Paul »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: September 06, 2012, 05:46:17 pm »

I believe I have a character in all three factions on West 1. (Vanu: Trafalgar, NC: Traf01, TR: MacEarther)

I don't think I've actually done much of anything with the NC one, instead mainly playing NC on West 3. West 1 is currently the only server which is showing up as 'high' (load? population?) in the server list.

Edit: Available certification points: 459.

*buys sunderer certs*
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:54:22 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: September 06, 2012, 06:03:14 pm »

Now I remember how awful the iron sights are on the guns again. Gah. Need cert points.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2353 on: September 06, 2012, 06:07:54 pm »

Sensei went to dinner with an ETA to return of about 30 minutes from this post. Poke him on Steam if you want in, not sure what he is ingame.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: September 06, 2012, 06:31:12 pm »

B12Sensei is correct.

/tell B12Sensei message

You can also send a friend invite, but I think they expire eventually, and it does not seem to make talking any easier. :V

When in the outfit:
/outfit sends text. Voice chat also works of course.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:33:32 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 826