Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1123111 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Number of outfits?
« Reply #2115 on: August 26, 2012, 06:09:16 pm »

Really helped to find a squad that actually talked.

Always does, and B12 communities need to do this more often - on all games we play together.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: August 26, 2012, 09:07:20 pm »

If you're getting lag in a local server, it'll probably be lethal in overseas.  But that's beta, seems the big issue they're tackling is stress-testing.  After all, the game was pretty much complete a month or two ago, all that's left is making it open.  So I'd assume it'll get less laggy as they do bugfixes and stuff.
I personally get minimal lag, generally only some the first time I'm in an area and that's it. It's really just that the game is poorly optimized for certain builds processor-wise, connection distance should have no impact, or at most go from no lag to very slight lag in terms of connection.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: August 26, 2012, 09:12:04 pm »

If you only tried the servers "near" you, I would encourage you to try the others, especially the newer US West (or Euro?) servers (West 3 at least I think has a lower population, although I can't be certain, and works well for me - I haven't noticed any lag). I especially encourage this if you only tried East 1 (although I have not tried it in one to two weeks).

Also, yeah, if you're getting bad framerates, and you have a good system - assuming you aren't running everything way above what it should be (which I doubt) - it's being worked on.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: August 27, 2012, 01:14:50 am »

Only time i lag is when i get in these big 3some fight or high player amount. Seem to be more of a network issue than computer specs. If im in a place with not many player im fine, other way... slideshow.

What make me rage is when im flying low to avoid a mossie on my back, dodging rocks, building, only to have that big ammo tower literaly appear 10 meter in front of me due to lag while im flying 300kph.... Needless to say what happens....

But all in all, very very very stable for me, didnt get any drops, crash, disconnection, major bug, no more flickering. Only issues is framerate drop in big battle, but hell... its very impressive what they managed to do!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: August 27, 2012, 09:59:20 am »

sorry...but the music for selecting charecters point me to vanu
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: August 27, 2012, 10:02:48 am »

Damn, everything is completely black. Only markers and HUD is visible. What do? :(

Enabling v-sync helped. How do I yell in-game?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:19:27 am by Dariush »

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: August 27, 2012, 10:25:47 am »

If i were in beta i would vote for title renaming:
Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2 frames/second. Max?
Its even better that same machine handles most of new games at max settings.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: August 27, 2012, 10:37:15 am »

It handles most games at max settings, because those games have been optimized to work with most stuff. PS2 has not finished that stage of testing stuffs it seems, so even ye mighty of the high-end pcs seem to have a problem.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: August 27, 2012, 11:13:23 am »

And after running at like 15 FPS on medium settings the game crashed. Damn, why didn't anyone warn me that 'beta' meant actual beta in this case? :(

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: August 27, 2012, 11:57:26 am »

Because everyone has been saying it for so long everywhere that I thought everyone understood it by now. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: August 27, 2012, 12:06:09 pm »

I've got about 30 certs into my NC HA, but, as you noted with the music, I'd still swap factions if other bay 12'ers are doing it.

What I'd like to know is, how exactly does one join an outfit right now? I can you can create them but the find outfit button is broken. Can outfit members still send invites?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2126 on: August 27, 2012, 02:08:09 pm »

Adjusted the title so newcomers will realize that this is an actual beta with all the assorted bugs to follow.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: August 27, 2012, 02:11:20 pm »

A reminder: Please file bug reports if you find a bug.

The devs have been incredibly responsive to the community, and have a near-constant Twitter presence. So far they've demonstrated that they actually want to hear feedback/bug reports and actually fix things.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: August 27, 2012, 02:11:29 pm »

is there room for the word serious in there? Because that would be more to the point of what kind of beta it is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: August 27, 2012, 02:53:37 pm »

Crashes all the time, but I still get to play. Gameplay-wise it's not that buggy, actually. I do need to buy a joystick for this thing, flying on mouse+keyboard is no fun...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 826