Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1123011 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

I also think that I'm not the only one willing to play for a faction other than the one I voted for, if the others go.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Nice to see NC pull into the lead. also, looks like we have over 40 players!

But I bet only a few of those are in the closed beta. According to the steam group, there are 16 players with a key (including myself). Dariush also has a key but hates steam, so we have 17.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Worse case scenario, if this poll dosn't give us a good answer, then we wait until after the beta and put it back up.  Hopefully people will have a better idea of which faction to choose after trying them out in person.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile

Worse case scenario, if this poll dosn't give us a good answer, then we wait until after the beta and put it back up.  Hopefully people will have a better idea of which faction to choose after trying them out in person.
I think this is a great idea.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Pff, voting NC. All you rebel sympathisers deserve your home planet to be blown up... wait uh...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Draco has a good plan.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pff, voting NC. All you rebel sympathisers deserve your home planet to be blown up... wait uh...

NC are the rebels...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

NC are the rebels...

That is the joke.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How awesome would a space expansion be?! Space combat, massive cruiser barrages, using drop ships moving from space platform to space platform!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I don't mind which faction but will be joining the one with the most dwarves.

It's been said before but we should eventually have one faction per server so we can all team up as either side. I'll likely focus on one but having an occasional blast with different guns and vehicles would be nice and doing it alongside fellow dwarves even nicer.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:37:50 pm by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

That's why I'm hoping you can swap nations.  It'd be nice to get some variety of play, not to mention that if your side is winning too easily you may want to support the other side.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

It might be an odd thing to say but I hope they have problems with faction sizes so that they allow faction swapping and maybe even have perks for doing so like in PS1.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, eventually it's gonna reach a point where one nation has more control than the others, or one has been backed into a corner.  Without being able to swap nations, these situations won't be resolved very easily.  Even if it's only possible once a month to prevent spamming, that'll still solve a world of issues.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, eventually it's gonna reach a point where one nation has more control than the others, or one has been backed into a corner.  Without being able to swap nations, these situations won't be resolved very easily.  Even if it's only possible once a month to prevent spamming, that'll still solve a world of issues.
I'd still think that there'd be gameplay balances for population imbalances.  The new maps seem to give permanent footholds for each empire, and I'd think that being closer to the sanctuary would give logistical benefits (i.e. the sanctuary might be able to spawn all vehicles, reducing the dependence on supply lines).  This also means that any empire that overextends itself opens itself up to attacks from both opponents.  Forth Empire should probably be the last resort if it proves a major problem in beta.

Given that we've got nothing better to do while waiting for beta, anyone want to make some baseless speculation on what this tweet is referring to?

The smiley makes me think that it's not "screw you, we're immediately shutting down PS1" (though you can never be sure with SOE, and it's inevitable that they're going to shut it down sometime after PS2 starts).  Most of what I've seen seems to think PS1 is going to go free to play for a week.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Free to Play PS1 would be neat, but they have no infrastructure for a cash shop.  It'd go under pretty quickly, if they do that then it'll be a "last hurrah" as they try to lure people to PS2 by giving them a "demo" of PS1.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 826