Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1121113 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11910 on: January 16, 2016, 11:20:42 pm »

Last night on Connery we were asdaulting one of the outposts for the large plantfilled biolab on, ah, the temperate continent. I had beautiful firing lanes on two areas of the outpost. Ran out of ammo twice, and one of the times there was no ammo dropped nearby, so I had to run into the outpost to the gunputers to rearm. Snuck through flanking enemies to get back to my perch. Even got a knife kill.

Might try stalking at some point.
Stalking is hilariously good fun, but its very streaky. Either you find a half dozen idiots whom dont know why they keep dropping dead, or you get the god tier players who can see a kneeling cloaked infiltrator when its not moving at night. Still, camp a destroyed turret in a base your attacking, or get close to an out of the way sundie, and you can really have some fun.

I might drop in if battle rifles got buffed. I loved running a sniper type engineer or medic.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11911 on: January 17, 2016, 06:31:17 am »

I updated and logged in to see what was going down in PS2, forgot why I stopped playing. There was one fight on the entire server and it was just a bunch of VS MAXes camping the spawn room. Now I remember why I quit; the game is quite literally dead during the only times when I can play.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: January 17, 2016, 07:25:39 am »

The NC starter rifle is the bolt-action one, which is the same as all the other factions' bolt-action rifles, except the other factions have to unlock it. It's also considered the best sniper rifle IIRC. I wouldn't know, I'm absolutely awful with it.

This game is just really frustrating to play sometimes. If you're a new player you either play without a squad or you play with a zergfit, and the leetfit certed-out players shit all over you (in all senses of the word). If you want to do some of the "silly fun" strats to wind down you will also find that they cost a gazillion certs to unlock, and they take certs away from making your normal play better...

but eh, i still sometimes play this game

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11913 on: January 17, 2016, 08:45:54 am »

Sometimes you gotta work to find your fun. A personal favorite from back before the game got uplayable due to lag for me: get at least one other person, get on those quad bike thingies, then have a race across enemy terrain or make bets how often you can drive around a tank before it blows you up, or just ramp everything in sight.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11914 on: January 17, 2016, 11:19:33 am »

I think my enjoyment of this game has pretty much peaked. Spawn in, get killed seconds later, presumably through a wall. I see an enemy, I hit them with a dozen or so shots, I get killed by that enemy.

I can't see crap, and the lighting in most of the locations makes it impossible to tell friend from foe.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11915 on: January 17, 2016, 11:32:15 am »

If you can't see crap, thats probably the bigger issue than having no idea what to do, Akura. Have you messed with the graphical options much?

I updated and logged in to see what was going down in PS2, forgot why I stopped playing. There was one fight on the entire server and it was just a bunch of VS MAXes camping the spawn room. Now I remember why I quit; the game is quite literally dead during the only times when I can play.
Have you tried playing on a different server instead so the time works in your favor? (unless you're in australia and too far away to play on the others well, i guess)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: January 17, 2016, 12:11:44 pm »

If you can't see crap, thats probably the bigger issue than having no idea what to do, Akura. Have you messed with the graphical options much?

Have you tried playing on a different server instead so the time works in your favor? (unless you're in australia and too far away to play on the others well, i guess)

I might be able to play on another server, I just have all my stuff on emerald (and no will to spend the money to boost myself back up!) so every time I've attempted to switch over to the other servers, it feels extremely painful.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11917 on: January 17, 2016, 12:19:54 pm »

Everything's at max. And it's not so much of a graphics issue as there being so much dakka going around that red, pink, and blue/yellow get rather difficult to make out. And it's hard to focus enough to get a shot when when someone beamheadshots me from a kilometer away after I stick my head out for half a second.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11918 on: January 17, 2016, 01:45:22 pm »

Ah, I don't know how it looks at max. I've always been at low-medium since I can run the game well enough any higher. Try looking for smaller fights I suppose, or at least not 3-way ones that get you to mix up pink and purple. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11919 on: January 17, 2016, 04:20:07 pm »

Some fun-ness was restored after I finally figured out how to get a scope on my rifle.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11920 on: January 17, 2016, 04:57:10 pm »

Turn the graphics down a bit. I've tried running at max graphics, and its just so much eye candy that it is way to sparkly.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11921 on: January 17, 2016, 07:06:17 pm »

Plus, as someone else who spent a good long (and I mean long) while in your exact situation, I can certainly say that eventually things will quickly seem a lot more palpable than they do now. It's basically like your brain starts to slow down engagements, which helps you at least understand what's going on.

But yeah, I spent ages getting basically no kills while struggling to understand why everyone dropped me so easily. Now I am (or was) better than most players, which made me feel a lot better about things.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11922 on: January 17, 2016, 07:17:07 pm »

I might be able to play on another server, I just have all my stuff on emerald (and no will to spend the money to boost myself back up!) so every time I've attempted to switch over to the other servers, it feels extremely painful.
Add me on Steam, same name, I'm up to play if I'm around, most of the time.  A good part of the game is having anyone competent to play with and communicate.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11923 on: January 17, 2016, 07:33:14 pm »

I still hardly get many kills usually, when I play. But I do manage to get a lot of support done.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11924 on: January 17, 2016, 08:04:04 pm »

I still hardly get many kills usually, when I play. But I do manage to get a lot of support done.

Been running around mostly with my repair gun. It seems to be working out for me.

Had my best run so far just now playing as TR. Caught two NCs heading for one of the base turrets in a perimeter tower. Filled one of them with half my clip. The other guy didn't notice apparently. I was about to put C4 on the gun because I thought he was in it, but it turns out he was repairing it. A burst to the back of his head took care of that. Before I can walk away, I get ambushed by an Infiltrator with a shotgun, but somehow took him down without losing more than 80% of my health.

I topped it all off by dropping from the tower right behind a Lightning, planting my C4 on it, stepping back, and pressing the button. Don't think he noticed anything. Other than the explosion, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 826