Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: [GIVEAWAY] Kenshi - 13 copies [Over]  (Read 11739 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: [GIVEAWAY] Kenshi - 13 copies [Over]
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2012, 04:18:06 pm »

Oh sick I won. Thank you!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2012, 04:19:22 pm »

One worry about Kenshi is they are having terrible funding problems. I wouldn't be surprised if this project is scrapped in a year or two without being significantly completed.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2012, 04:38:51 pm »

Thanks for the chance and grats to the winners!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2012, 09:40:58 pm »

One worry about Kenshi is they are having terrible funding problems. I wouldn't be surprised if this project is scrapped in a year or two without being significantly completed.

I'm not particularly worried about this happening.  It seems like there's pretty good odds of sales increasing significantly once a few more updates are out.  It's an interesting and oft neglected type of game, so I can see a few press outlets giving some great coverage once a few more features are in.

Although that could become a self fulfilling prophecy if enough people suggest it :-\
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2012, 10:25:50 pm »

Holy he'll, I won. Thanks again so much for running this, and when I've had a chance to play the game, I'll make sure to let you guys know.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2012, 11:05:59 pm »

Wow, I won. I've never won one of these forum giveaways before. Thanks LC!

LukeRM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2012, 11:33:05 pm »

Agreed - first time I won any of these things. Thanks, just made my day!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2012, 11:06:38 am »

Oh man I did win? Awesome :D Thanks a lot man!
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2012, 04:48:45 pm »

Wow I can't believe I won! :D
Thanks man this was So AWESOME.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2012, 04:41:42 am »

One of the lucky winners here.

I played around with the game some. It's definitely early in development as the starting village is not populated except for one mob that was walking around that told me to go to the bar. However, I couldn't find the bar.

I do like the graphics. Reminds me some of Mount & Blade but with more control. Once I was comfortable using it (with a more top-down angle for myself), I really saw potential there.

As for the game, I really didn't experience any game per se. Might not know what to do to start the game rolling. But I did see potential.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2012, 09:38:43 am »

Game has a bit more than that. You have a bar, shops (weapon, armor, clothing, supplies, etc), as well as a trade center in each town where you can buy low and sell high. Look for the signs outside the buildings. The bar lets you recruit more guys, who start just like your new char when you get them (no skills, crap items) and you can upgrade their stuff. Doesn't seem to be a system in place to make you pay them, they just become your slaves after you hire them (like in a lot of RPGs, hah).

Then outside you can fight roaming groups of bandits.

It's kinda like a really early M&B in terms of just having the ability to recruit a few guys, get some items, and go fight bandits. The combat system isn't fleshed out, though - it just has you click the enemies and watch as your guys fight them, with no special moves or any kind of strategic options other than when to fight and when to run. You can also bandage up people (your own or others) using medkits - stopping bleeding first to keep them from bleeding out and then patching up their wounds to make them start healing. You can do this on people while they're up and about or while they're laying on the sand unconscious.

Friendly npcs aren't programmed to thank you for saving them though (they aren't programmed to be mad at robbing them either - I robbed a group of traders that had been beat down by bandits after finishing off the bandits, then healed them, and they just wandered off naked to the next town).
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2012, 11:00:19 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84169.0

That thing up there, that's a link to the Kenshi thread :P

Gonna lock this now, there isn't really much point in it being open.  Also, I like locking things.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]