Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Initiates of the Pentagram (Week 2 Weekdays)  (Read 5571 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Initiates of the Pentagram (Week 1 Weekend part 2)
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2012, 09:59:52 am »

It looks like I'm going to sustain at most 3 updates a week. Unless I go full time doing this.

(Julius : 80>70)
(Quarrion: 89>60)
(Is Bernard only threatening or is he going to hurt someone? 13<15+20)
"So you are resorting to your usual self. Thought you were giving it more thought and doing this diplomatically."
"Stop it Bernard. Certainly you don't want to see bloodshed like the last conflict. When brothers turned against brothers, mates against mates, master against apprentice," added Quarrion. "Do we really want this for our future, and our children's future!? You would hurt innocent people, to prove a petty point?! We should all end this silliness!"
"Yes, even we might end up on the wrong side of this conflict, We have to come up with patience today. Certainly it is not the best place to start a fight or the best way to solve a problem", added Julius.
"Ah, so you dared oppose us. And you, Quarrion. Don't think I didn't know you from class. You certainly would know the consequences for disrespecting your seniors. We will deal with it later, and there is no point in doing this today. Dismissed." Said Bernard, as he and his men are turning away, weapon in hand.

Tomes:

Spoiler: Julius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quarrion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Halgriev (click to show/hide)

Week 2: Aftermath of the Fiasco

The Fiasco yesterday on the market, let's face it, is just laughable. The near-fight reduced the credibly of the University from keeping its alumni from misbehaving, and certainly the business disrupted by the face-off would have extra mistrust of mages.

You have 4 actions, one for each day in the week.

The Institution of Further Education in Magic

On the second day of the week there is a lecture on Magical Wood and their uses in construction.

The Bazaar of Magic

Tomes (10g): Books of magic, claimed to be recovered in an underground cellar of a dead mage. He seemed to have an endless supply of them.
Mystical Cube (50g): An object which looks like a cube when viewed from one side, different otherwise. Sold.
Charmeleon's Tail (30g): A tail which is still burning on its tip. 2 on sale.
Alchemist's potions (20g): Potions of unknown qualities and uses. Many on sale.
Diamond (500g): A diamond. One on sale.
Book of Faces (38g): A book, which claimed when opened you can write to your friends and read your friends thoughts. They are "practically unlimited in potential".
The sword of Flaming (487g): Curiously, turns your hair into flames. Said to be from a very powerful warrior. 1 on sale.
Magical String (50g): A long string, length exceeding 10m. The seller touts it to be incredibly strong. At least you can't pull it apart. 4 on sale.
Ludicrous stones (75g): Seller claimed they are irradiation by magic. 5 on sale.

Note: Shopping is a free action, unless you wanted to dig deep in the market to find out what else in on sale. It would take you a day.

Job Market

There are always day jobs to be done.

Hospital: Take care the wounded. No experience needed. 50g/day
Mass Mining Agency: Miners. Haulers. Any capable Hand. 20g/day
Library: A recent influx of books means temporary workers are needed to sort them out and input them to the magical database. Literacy needed. 60g/day.
Test Object: An armorer wanted people who can withstand pain to test out the capability of a set of newly-crafted armor. No experience needed. 60g. You cannot do this twice, though different people doing that is okay. He escaped town under suspicious circumstances.
Performer: The travelling circus wanted a few locals to train with the local circus for a week as tricksters. No experience needed but appreciated. It was heavily disrupted by the square face-off.
Prospector: Go on a day trip to find magical and non-magical abnormalities. No experience needed, though a magical background appreciated. 40g, since we are pretty impoverished.
Carriage Attendant: Only Mages can Apply. Time Mages will be paid 100g/day but need a Carriage licence; other mages 60g.

(Please attach your updated character sheet every turn. I'm too lazy to update them.)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Initiates of the Pentagram (Week 1 Weekdays)
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2012, 10:13:38 am »

Day 1: Hospital Work: Dwarmins time altering magic is very useful in an emergency-he can temporally regress a very bad wound, stopping bleeding and further trauma until the patient can be attended to. He volunteers to accompany the medical coach (ambulance medieval style) to pick up and safely get people to the hospital, who would otherwise die before they got there.

Day 2: Magical Practice: Dwarmin tries to increase the duration of his Lesser Chronosphere spell through strict focus and meditation.

Day 3: Start gathering promies of support from other Mages for the Temporal school, in regards to the trouble we're all facing. Influence people that Bernard and his conjurers needs to be forced to back down before he does something he can't take back. Reach out to Conjurers, see if some of them are willing to negotiate, but afraid of going against Bernard.

Day 4: Magical Practice: Dwarmin tries to increase the duration of his Lesser Chronosphere spell through strict focus and meditation.

Market: Buy 5 magical Tomes

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2012, 10:54:46 am »

Day 1: Hospital work: Although being a conjurer means that people obviously assosiate you with destruction, the power of a bit of flame to clean tools, or to do other tasks quicker means that Quarrion can help out with the setting up of medical procedures, rapidly reducing the time needed for the patient to be attended to.
Day 2: Magical study: Try to shift where the focus is during a spell. To increase range
Day 3: More magical study: Work on the focus again, to increase range
Day 4: Catch up to Dwarmin, and facebook book of faces him as a friend. Then if there is still time in the day, check out the library for any books on basic illusion magic.

Buy 5 tomes (-50g)

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2012, 11:23:49 am »

Buy: Three Tomes and a Book of Faces (-38g)

Day 1: Spend the day theorizing about binding magic in Quintilian and Non-Quintilian terms. A Binder such as myself should have a copy of Lucius III the Just's Treatise of Magic-Mixing lying around (after all, its the seminal work of the last thirty years for my school of magic), so I should refamiliarize myself with this key document. With my theorizing, try to consider the Non-Quintilian possibilities, focusing on the idea that Binding separate schools of magic together only invalidates Quintilian theory if there aren't another five schools of magic. After all, we have five fingers on a hand and two hands.

Day 2 Spend the day studying binding, trying to learn new spells. Since we have access to our college's facilities, use them. Try to find either the Binder's College Library and read up on new Bindings or, if there is such a place, use the training area. 

Day 3  Continue my research on the spell that takes heat from the air within a sphere of a given circumference and transfers it to an object of my choosing. If I have gained any insights into the Quintilian/Non-Quintilian nature of Binding then apply them to work on the spell. Although really only Quintilian ideas should apply, as using binding to move natural forces, as opposed to magical around is a strictly Quintilian concept. If I have time, seek out some senior Binders for advice.

Day 4 Investigate the Bound Tome in my possession. Try to ascertain the nature of the binding in place and open and read it if I can. Make sure to triple check for any nasty surprises before moving to the "open it" phase.   

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:26:45 am by Wayward Device »
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
Re: Initiates of the Pentagram (Week 2 Weekdays)
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2012, 01:49:15 pm »

Bump.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2012, 10:18:13 pm »

((Oops.))

Day 1: Heal self.
Day 2: Attend lecture. Magical construction, eh...?
Day 3: Study regenerative magic notes.
Day 4: Work in library, taking time with sorting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2012, 07:24:27 am »

Day 1: Work in library, try inconspicuously stealing a valuable magical tome.
Day 2: Study Diviner Book. Attempt to obtain ethereal lobsters.
Day 3: Work with Carriages, try not to get lost in time. Attempt to freak people out with creepy stares.
Day 4: Study mana storage.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:34:40 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]