Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Initiates of the Pentagram (Week 2 Weekdays)  (Read 5572 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Initiates of the Pentagram (Week 2 Weekdays)
« on: May 23, 2012, 05:21:33 am »

You are an initiate, just finished your apprenticeship at ((your magical school)) in the ((name of national university of Magic)) in ((City Name)) of ((Name of Kingdom)).

As initiates, you are still a very junior member, and have a very limited repertoire of skills taught in your apprenticeship. Nevertheless effort is expected from you - feed yourself, hone your skills, and take over the world. So to speak.

Please submit your character using the signup sheet below.

Quote from: signup sheet
Player name = Forum name
Name:
School: Must be a mechanism of magic. So Conjuration, Transfiguration, Alchemy are okay. Fire, Water are not.

Characteristics:

Total is 20. Base level is 2. Maximum for each skill is 5.

Physical: Strength and Agility. Used for Mundane tasks.
Stamina: How much magic you can cast before passing out.
Strength: How strong your magic can be kept in check before losing control.
Intelligence: How fast you learn things, prepare things or careful scheming.
Wisdom: How good you are at perceiving things, keep your head cool, and make quick decisions.
Charisma: How good-looking you are and to alter people's deceptions.

Your Starting Spell: A spell appropriate for an initiate. Please describe it as well as possible.

Your background: Self-explanatory.

Each week consist of 5 days. Gameplay will take place in alternating 4-day workweeks, and 1 day of event resolution.

You can do one action each day, for a total of 4 actions per week. This include researching spells, practicing, doing odd jobs, influencing other people, and things like that.
Please be very, very specific in your actions. Actions will be judged by percentile die, but well thought actions would always yield a bonus (in additional to your skill).

The weekend event would range from nothing to do, a flood, to defending a demonic invasion. Just saying.

-Signup is full-
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:25:59 am by evilcherry »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Initiates of the Pentagram (mage Role-playing game, 5 vacancies)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 05:21:51 am »

People:

Spoiler: Lucius III the Just (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lev Levovich (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:11:42 am by evilcherry »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 05:22:08 am »

Events, geography, races and concepts
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:00:14 pm by evilcherry »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 05:55:02 am »

humm, I guess you got inspiration from Magia? :P

Player name = Forum name
Name: Dwarmin
School: Temporal Focus

Characteristics:

Physical: 3
Stamina: 3
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 3
Wisdom: 3
Charisma: 5

Your Starting Spell: Lesser Chronosphere/ Dwarmin can create a sphere of temporal energy within in his hands, about the size of a baseball, that can effect the flow of time to things within and around it, either backwards or forwards. Desmond can use the sphere to increase his reaction time to danger-but not his actual, physical reflexes, since he moves just as slow as anyone. Casting the sphere physically at another causes them to age or de-age rapidly, to the point of about a five years or so, usually-this change wears off in a few seconds. Dwarmin can also physically apply the sphere to an unconscious or willing person, at which point the spell is much more potent and lasts longer. He cannot alter his own age with this spell.

Items held within the sphere are also subject to the aging process, but for non-living objects, it only turns time a few months. Food will go rotten, but locks will not rust off, yet.

Your background: Dwarmin is a chrono-masters apprentice to...himself, really. At least, one version of his self from the future or another reality. That's how most Chronomancers get the job. Being fairly young, he's received a wealth of knowledge he quite frankly has no idea how to use-Dwarmin's tampering with his time has made him a target for misfortune, and after numerous incidents of 'bad luck', in and around his home town, then sent the Northrop university so he wouldn't destroy anything, or de-age any more cows...

These days, Dwarmin has found he enjoys the city more than the country-his skills are much more appreciate, especially among the Nobility that wish to stay ever youthful.

That he has a greater destiny than feeding off the entitled during the day, and restoring the youth of grateful women at night (in most ways), he doesn't know it...

Not like he can see the future or anything.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:54:11 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 06:18:36 am »

Player name = Forum name
Name: Doombound Snarforth
School: Necromancy

Characteristics:

Physical: 2
Stamina: 5
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 4
Wisdom: 2
Charisma: 2

Your Starting Spell: Animate dead: This spell allows you to bring back a corpse as a zombie. Slow and weak, but untiring. Useful for cheap labour for those who aren't squeamish.

Your background: Doombound has just recently completed his apprenticeship at the Necromantic College of Sussura with full honours and is now out and about looking for work to support himself and his magical habits.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:31:09 am by Demonic Spoon »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 06:38:43 am »

I would like to limit your field a bit... transmutation seems too broad for a time mage to monopolize.
I would change that to temporal, i.e. messing up time.

p.s. Magia does its bit, butI have many things in mind. Like an absurdly powerful student council.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 06:40:27 am »

@EvilC: Changed it. Your OP indicated we shouldn't pick an element, but a school, which is why I chose that.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 06:52:01 am »

@EvilC: Changed it. Your OP indicated we shouldn't pick an element, but a school, which is why I chose that.
I know. It just looks to me that time mage should not occupy a school that is usually reserved for those who study metals (to change them into another animal) or mutilate animals. And time mages are usually absurdly powerful enough to have its own school.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 07:07:28 am »

<Withdrawn>
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:28:09 am by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 10:24:01 am »

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Initiates of the Pentagram (mage Role-playing game, 2 vacancies)
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 01:35:18 pm »

All 3 are accepted, without much alteration.

I would really want 2 more players, since 5 is a number very central to the lore I've planned.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
Re: Initiates of the Pentagram (mage Role-playing game, 2 vacancies)
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 01:47:12 pm »

Player name = Wayward Device
    Name: Julius the Outlander
    School: Binding (the moving of natural forces to unnatural purpose)

Characteristics:

Physical: 2
    Stamina: 4
    Strength:4
    Intelligence: 4
    Wisdom: 4
    Charisma:2

Your Starting Spell: The Lesser Kinetic Binding. Binds one object to another so that any attempt to move one object must move the weight of both.

Your background: Julius has just completed his initiate training at the College of Force in Sussura, beautiful City State by the sea. Having come out of the distant East as a youth and been accepted into the College on the merits of his abilities he now looks to master the deepest of secrets.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Initiates of the Pentagram (mage Role-playing game, 1 vacancy)
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 04:19:58 pm »

bumping for that last person. :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 05:34:21 pm »

Alright then.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 05:38:29 pm »

((Damn you Irony. I even had an idea.))
Pages: [1] 2 3 4