Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Aftermath | OOC/Roleplaying  (Read 6796 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
The Aftermath | OOC/Roleplaying
« on: May 22, 2012, 10:04:03 pm »

Link to Main Thread.

This thread will be used primarily for OOC discussions between the player's and myself, and IC discussion between nations. Feel free to start roleplaying through various diplomatic acts which don't require an action, such as roleplaying a meeting between two leaders of a nation, or a letter sent to another nation, etc.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Aftermath | OOC/Roleplaying
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 03:56:15 am »

How much of a military does each nation have please
and could you make the map a bit smaller, these are just requests sorry if they sound like demands or orders
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 05:57:11 am »

A slightly brighter red would be nice but nothing critical.

Letter to SUSA:

Greetings fellow former colony of european colonialism! As two nations that have experienced first hand the imperialism of Europe, I propose that we sign a mutuals defense contract against any attacks originating from there? Do you find this agreeable?

-Governor of AC, Demoonika Slepel

EDIT: The arabian empire is descending into barbarism pretty quickly...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:15:06 am by Demonic Spoon »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 06:36:07 am »

A slightly brighter red would be nice but nothing critical.

Letter to SUSA:

Greetings fellow former colony of european colonialism! As two nations that have experienced first hand the imperialism of Europe, I propose that we sign a mutuals defense contract against any attacks originating from there? Do you find this agreeable?

-Governor of AC, Demoonika Slepel

EDIT: The arabian empire is descending into barbarism pretty quickly...
You do know that America, especially the Southern states have employed African Slaves for quite a long time. (Untill the civil war, I think).

Besides it's not hard to find excolonies of Europe. They controlled 75% of the world at some point.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:22:35 am by 10ebbor10 »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 07:29:25 am »

This isn't barbarism, this is just Arabians hating europeans and responding to the loss of lots of oil
(I would also like to ask where you lot are getting your oil from?)

As for enslaving the europeans, the Europeans used tons of slaves during their expantion, did that make them Barbarians?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:32:47 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 07:40:13 am »

Letter to S.U.S.A

Greetings from the mighty Arab empire, you may or may not know that we have expierienced a large depletion of our oil, and i would like to conserve whats left of it. To this end i am being forced to resort to other measures for transportation and i have herd that the United States of old used to own lots of helium, if you could please find a way to gather helium for me, then you will have access to what remains of our oil for a much cheaper price than anyone else who would wish for it.This is would be most helpful to both our nations, wouldn't you agree?

The mighty Caliph Masia
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 07:46:23 am »

Letter to S.U.S.A

Greetings from the mighty Arab empire, you may or may not know that we have expierienced a large depletion of our oil, and i would like to conserve whats left of it. To this end i am being forced to resort to other measures for transportation and i have herd that the United States of old used to own lots of helium, if you could please find a way to gather helium for me, then you will have access to what remains of our oil for a much cheaper price than anyone else who would wish for it.This is would be most helpful to both our nations, wouldn't you agree?

The mighty Caliph Masia
Helium is rather scarce before it could be effectively gathered( which we can't). In fact it is so scarce that a single American airship build around 1920 contained much of the worlds availble supply of helium.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 08:06:24 am »

True but my guy doesn't know that
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 08:12:00 am »

This isn't barbarism, this is just Arabians hating europeans and responding to the loss of lots of oil
(I would also like to ask where you lot are getting your oil from?)
We simply don't use much (if any) oil. For what little oil I use, I'm pretty sure it'll come from Oil fields located in The Channel/North sea. My society is mostly based on Coal (I control the resource deposits in Belgium and Germany) and maybe Gas( There's a gigantic gas field under Holland). Since these places have been the frontlines for quite a long time, I doubt any of it got used. The mines would have been targetted constantly and such.

The slavery can and should be considered barbaric. There were protests in the main country(especially after the word about the atrocities got around), and the slavery was evently abolished. Returning to it might be considered even more Barbaric than using it in the first place, and this will probably be how most players nations are going to view it. (Never mind which practices they had running in their own colonies). The colonisation of Congo (till 1960) is a great example of the Hypocrisy of that time.

Also: A Message to all other Nations.

From the European Confederation:

Greetings,
The world we find ourselves in now lies in ruins. As such, we want to prevent such a disastrous event from ever happening again. Therefore, the Confederation would like to found an instution meant to ensure peace between nations. This Union would ensure cooperation between different parties, and as such prevent a war like the last one from happening again. A few basic rules would be enforced: No military conflicts between Union members, Union members must honour the International Declaration of the rights of the Human being and... (The message continues about details and other stuff that has yet to be decided)

A message to The Communist Republic of Italy

Greetings,
While we do not follow your ideologies, we respect your views and as such we would like to discuss the recent border problems with you. In order to prevent this to end up in a military conflict, we would like to set up a zone of Deadmansland 10 km wide between both our countries. This zone would be demilitarized. The European confederation is also open to trade relations and would like to establish a NAP.

A message to the Royal Family, Rulers of England

As you where one of the nations that once supported our nations neutrality, we would like to reestablish diplomatic relations. Due to the nature of the current situation we know we can't ask you to follow the treaty. However, there are several things that require attention. First comes the distribution of the Oil fields located in the Northern Sea. Second the possibility of once again opening trade routes between your nation and ours.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:29:09 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 08:22:07 am »

And i am trying to increase my reliance on coal
And i think we should leave the SUSA's responce for ansanton2000 ok?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:27:05 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 08:27:21 am »

And i am trying to increase my reliance on coal
To be fair, I doubt all oil fields in your area have been used up. True the shallow fields will have been exploited, but I doubt the large, deeper fields could even be reached at the time. So you could use those in the future.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 09:15:41 am »

But the point is my people don't know of any large oil source in my territory yet so i have to improvise
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 10:41:02 am »

A letter from the Queen of the United Kingdom of The Britsh Isles to the European Confederacy:

We agree with your people on the decision to open up the oil fields, assuming each of us would split the profit. As for opening up trade, we would also agree upon this, however, we will not agree with any tariffs placed upon our goods, and we will not place any upon yours.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 11:30:16 am »

i figure its too late to join? and far too late to join as the Kingdom of Bavaria-Württemberg?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 11:41:08 am »

Hm, since it seems we aren't getting any new player's I'll write up the first turn now. I'll still accept late-comers though, they'll just not be exactly on par with everyone else when they join.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6