Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Obsidian swords  (Read 4658 times)

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Obsidian swords
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 09:29:43 am »

Thanks for pointing out the bug HiEv. That makes sense of my experience... Hope it gets fixed in Toady One's current bug hunt.

As for you naysayers arguing reality in this FANTASY game... I am heading off in a strop to go mine some adamantine so I can carve up some zombies, necromancers and mega beasts! ;-p

Just because a game has a fantasy theme doesn't mean there should be no limits on what you can do.  Just because magic exists it doesn't mean that physics doesn't.  Besides, as others pointed out, you can make this simple change in the raws yourself instead of being rude to the people who tried to help you.
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 10:01:26 am »

Thanks for pointing out the bug HiEv. That makes sense of my experience... Hope it gets fixed in Toady One's current bug hunt.

As for you naysayers arguing reality in this FANTASY game... I am heading off in a strop to go mine some adamantine so I can carve up some zombies, necromancers and mega beasts! ;-p

There's a term you should acquaint yourself with: verisimilitude.  Fantasy is no escape hatch.  Reality says you don't have dwarves, forgotten beasts, etc at all.  Verisimilitude says those dwarves you do have don't see in the dark via microwave radar and kill enemies by shooting lasers out their asses.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:06:09 am by weenog »
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Jacko13

• Bay Watcher
  • Please Urist wear your masterwork steel armour
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 10:24:19 am »

Ladies and gents apologies if you felt I was being rude. My comments were intended tongue in cheek. No ill will intended as the friendly helpful nature of these forums are a large part of what I love about this game. Let's close this topic and hopefully meet again on some other conversation on friendly terms. Best regards all, A
Pages: 1 [2]