Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 66275 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2022, 12:56:29 pm »

Yeah, a lot of the cool functionality of mods like masterwork are dfhack scripts. You can summon creatures now, but they won't necessarily be members of the fort, and workshops reactions have to produce a syndrome bearing product to infect the worker with an interaction to summon creatures. Which is a very roundabout process and by the time the summoning occurs they're probably wandering off.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SamDwarfx06

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2023, 08:58:48 am »

Do [I_SOURCE:EXPERIMENT] actually do something?
I extracted these generated raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I cannot find any example of necromancer using this interaction in Legend Viewer.  :-(
I cannot find any example of necromancer experimenting on anything in Legend Viewer outside of Experiments(creature) description either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2023, 09:32:48 am »

Do [I_SOURCE:EXPERIMENT] actually do something?
I extracted these generated raws:
I cannot find any example of necromancer using this interaction in Legend Viewer.  :-(
I cannot find any example of necromancer experimenting on anything in Legend Viewer outside of Experiments(creature) description either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The experiment is the result of it happening, so it worked. There are individual traces in the victims sentient and nonsentient who had been turned by the necromancer after being captured from a site or around the tower. Possibly more omissions were made from 50. but try 47.xx, when it was first added.

The DF wiki stipulates under [EXPERIMENT_ONLY]:
Disallows use of the interaction in play, but if the interaction animates or resurrects corpses, or has an I_SOURCE:EXPERIMENT tag, it can be used in worldgen. Animation and resurrection interactions do not need I_SOURCE:EXPERIMENT to work in worldgen.

[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:victim] is overall targeting for wg, same as if it was 'creatures' face to face or 'corpses' in regular zombies (I don't know if a halfway of a necro-hybrid that only makes experiments is possible)

As to actually influencing it like to make your own experiments (crafting people into monsters dr moreau style) the science is still being hashed out. You can turn off some experiment types like the infectious ghouls from the advanced worldgen settings. My own theory is that you'd have to substitute custom experiments very carefully while turning the generated ones off, as it relies on a roster of castes (ghoul, animals, soldiers, a giant creature type) because of the method of how they were made exacts from a certain number and quality of victims. Perhaps the same creature titles under different castenames.

Having them in worldgen would be even harder, in part to the tokens that allow a creature to experiment as a night creature being very prone to CTDing when they lead a playable civ.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2023, 08:58:08 pm »

IT_MANUAL_INPUT is manual, i.e. adventure mode only. It's just the string that shows after "select" when you're using an interaction in adventure mode. It has nothing to do with worldgen at all and it has no effect in the game.

SamDwarfx06

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2023, 09:08:06 am »

The experiment is the result of it happening, so it worked. There are individual traces in the victims sentient and nonsentient who had been turned by the necromancer after being captured from a site or around the tower. Possibly more omissions were made from 50. but try 47.xx, when it was first added.
The result of these EXPERIMENT interactions are not Procedural Experiment Monsters but ghouls as written in extracted raws.
But i cannot find any history event describing someone turned alive in a ghoul with "Mr.Necromancer infected Mr.Victim with a contagious ghoulish condition." text as it is written in extracted generated raws.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2023, 02:25:13 pm »

Okay, simple one here.

I'm working on a custom secret that adds pyromancy for fire/sun god worshippers, basically makes them heatproof and lets them shoot fire out of their hands.

What I got so far:

Basically I have two questions;

1) Does this look right? Never tried modding beyond adding [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] to civilizations, and have no idea what I'm doing. This is in 47.04 for context; just so I can test this out with adventurers.
2) What file should I add these raws to? Already got the book title file where it needs to be but I can't find wherever secret raws are hidden.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2023, 02:31:51 pm »

Okay, simple one here.

I'm working on a custom secret that adds pyromancy for fire/sun god worshippers, basically makes them heatproof and lets them shoot fire out of their hands.

What I got so far:

Basically I have two questions;

1) Does this look right? Never tried modding beyond adding [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] to civilizations, and have no idea what I'm doing. This is in 47.04 for context; just so I can test this out with adventurers.
2) What file should I add these raws to? Already got the book title file where it needs to be but I can't find wherever secret raws are hidden.

There are no secret raws, an interaction_x file will do.
Also, fireimmune won't actually make them fireproof. They'll still burn and die. You need to change material values (heat_dam, melting point, boiling point, ignition point) to do that, and that's impossible through interactions/syndromes currently. Best you can do is transform them into a creature that is actually fireproof. And restrict their fires shooting in human form to fire balls and globs of molten rock/metal; they'll roast themselves with fire jets or dragonflies.

Your FLOW should be FLOW:FIREBALL or FLOW:FIREJET. FIRE doesn't do anything.

I don't see anything else at a glance that's definitely going to be a problem.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 02:35:01 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2023, 02:41:04 pm »

Gotcha, that was pretty much a countermeasure to avoid them dying every time they used their powers... it was gonna be fire breath, but I can imagine dwarven pyromancers losing their beards. Don't know if that's how it works, but hey. That whole ability was pretty much taken verbatim from the dragon's raws anyway, I just swapped out MOUTH for HAND, tried to swap out dragonfire for normal fire because I am NOT giving a mere mortal that kind of power, and reduced the range. I'll make the necessary adjustments then give it a whirl in the arena and post my findings.

In terms of interaction_x files, should I just make one for this secret, or do I just add it to interaction_standard.txt?

OH; Should I rename it from SECRET_11 to stop it interfering with necromancy?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 02:44:12 pm by comicraider »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2023, 02:54:29 pm »

You should probably create your own interaction file, I use the name of the mod, so like interaction_spellcrafts_secrets_f-j.txt is what I use (I put them in alphabetical order by sphere for keeping track of them, and split it I to four files.)

The actual name of your secret should be related to your mod name or a couple letters you use to refor to your mod too, so like SECRET_<YOUR MOD NAME/ACRONYM>_PYROMANCY. THen it won't interfere with any vanilla secrets, no matter how many players generate in their worlds, or other mods that used something generic like SECRET_FIRE/PYROMANCY.
I make Spellcrafts!

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2023, 03:17:39 pm »

Okay, saved as interaction_pleiades_pyromancy, saved to it's own file in raw/objects along with a companion file in objects/text, booted the game up, started arena, used raw as the source aaaaaand nothin' came up.

Keeping FIREJET solely for the test, I wanna see my guinea pig roast himself. I can only assume I've set up IE_ARENA_NAME wrong.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2023, 03:21:46 pm »

The arena name should be fine.
Remove the generated tag. That's most likely causing it to be ignored. I don't have a laptop with me to check anything else unfortunately.
I make Spellcrafts!

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2023, 04:49:23 pm »

No dice, even without [GENERATED] it doesn't show up. Strange.

All honesty, the fact that DF still runs with my custom files means this is still one of the more stable mods I've made.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2023, 05:41:09 pm »

Tested and errorlog.txt spits several errors:

Code: [Select]
Unsupported CE add tag: FIREIMMUNE_SUPER
SECRET_PYRO:Unrecognized Interaction Token: CAN_DO_INTERACTION
SECRET_PYRO:Unrecognized Interaction Token: CAN_DO_INTERACTION

So, you'll have to remove the FIREIMMUNE_SUPER tag and change the interactions to something like this:

[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:PROB:100:START:0]
      [CDI:ADV_NAME:Conjure fire]
      [CDI:INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
      [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
      [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
      [CDI:FLOW:FIREJET]
      [CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
      [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
      [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
      [CDI:VERB:gesture, and a gout of fire spews from your hand:gestures, and a gout of fire spews from their hand:NA]
      [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:PROB:100:START:0]
      [CDI:ADV_NAME:Conjure fireball]
      [CDI:INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
      [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
      [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
      [CDI:FLOW:FIREBALL]
      [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:10]
      [CDI:VERB:gesture, and a gout of fire spews from your hand:gestures, and a gout of fire spews from their hand:NA]
      [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10]

But without the fireimmune tag the creature will probably burn in the flames of the firejet.

You could circumvent this by shapeshifting the caster to a fireimmune creature (like a gabbro man) for a short period of time, but you'll need a new interaction for that and it needs to target both the caster (for the shapeshifting) and the opponent.

Here's an example how I've done it with my fire elementalist:

The interaction for the secret:

[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0:ABRUPT]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Rain of fire and brimstone]
[CDI:INTERACTION:FLAMESPRAY]
[CDI:FLOW:FIREJET]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:DEFEND]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:FLEEING]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:25]
[CDI:TARGET:D:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:VERB:shoot a burst of fire and brimstone:shoots a burst of fire and brimstone:NA]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:100]

The spell (NOTE: it contains more than just a firejet):

[INTERACTION:FLAMESPRAY] -- elementalist
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:MATERIAL]
[IT_MATERIAL:CONTEXT_MATERIAL]
[I_TARGET:A1:MATERIAL]
[IT_MATERIAL:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:BRIMSTONE:SOLID_GLOB]
[I_TARGET:A2:MATERIAL]
[IT_MATERIAL:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:BRIMSTONE:SHARP_ROCK]
[I_TARGET:B:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION]
[I_TARGET:C:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE_OR_LOCATION]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target]
[I_TARGET:D:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:D]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:being shielded from fire in a stone form]
[SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:100:10000]
[SYN_NO_HOSPITAL]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:165:6:0:0:FREQUENCY:500:250:START:0:END:2:ABRUPT:DWF_STRETCH:10]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0:END:3:DWF_STRETCH:10]
[CE:CREATURE:ELEMENTMAN_GABBRO:ALL]
[I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[IE_TARGET:A1]
[IE_TARGET:B]
[IE_TARGET:C]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_TARGET:A2]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2023, 05:54:04 pm »

Oh yeah, I've learned that the firejet will kill the user; plan is to remove that once I know this secret works, I just can't resist the thought of watching the test subject immolate themselves.

I'm looking at shapeshifting once I've got a decent grasp of what I'm doing - Geomancers, Transmuted Wizards and Forest Mages will rely on them to an extent, but they're further down the pipeline if this one goes well, and it ends up turning into its' own magic mod instead of a "Just to say I could" project like it is now.

I'll switch over to your version of the fire spells and see if I get any changes.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2023, 05:57:26 pm »

Still nothing, even having the arena tag doesn't make it appear in the effects list, so actually testing this out is still eluding me.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14