Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 66260 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2023, 06:32:36 pm »

Still nothing, even having the arena tag doesn't make it appear in the effects list, so actually testing this out is still eluding me.

Strange, I got it to work with the changes.

Did you remember to add CE_ to the can do interactions?

And do you have this in the beginning of the file:

Code: [Select]
interaction_pleiades_pyromancy.txt

[OBJECT:INTERACTION]

Edit. Also, does errorlog.txt say anything?

GadgetPatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2023, 08:40:00 pm »

Working on a lore-friendly Playable Kobold mod, with less D&D/tribal vibes. One feature I'd REALLY like is to be able to milk venomous creatures, and apply those venoms to weapons and trap parts. Milking venom is easy, but I cannot get a functional venom onto (or into) a weapon for the life of me!

I've combed through old posts for past attempts to do similar things, but so far I'm having no luck finding a working technique to make a syndrome-inducing weapon/a reaction that creates syndrome spatters.

Things I've tried:
Spoiler: 1) BOILING VENOM: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2) VENOM GLAZE: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3) SOLID VENOM WEAPON: (click to show/hide)

Has anyone had better luck with techniques to create syndrome-inducing weapons or ammo? Ideally, I'd like to let weapon materials pass on their associated syndromes, but if anyone has a reliable way for a reaction to put a functional venom spatter onto a weapon, that'd be great too.

P.S. I know Masterwork can add spatters somehow, but at a glance it uses LUA extensions or something, and I'm trying to make this vanilla-compatible.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2023, 08:53:37 pm »

You can't make it vanilla compatible right now. The game just won't let you do It intentionally, and there's no known workaround besides possibly stealing pre-poisoned darts from cave tribe people. Masterwork, among others, relies on DFHack.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

GadgetPatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2023, 08:59:51 pm »

Oh damn, disappointing news. Wonder why people claimed they were able to do it with syndrome-inducing wood before, then?

Was considering some kind of interaction or secretion I could give to a critter to conditionally contaminate things with venom, in a way I could gamify... summoning an immobile creature that sprays venom mist and immediately dies/vanishes, or getting a kobold to emit venom mist after ingesting it, or something. But it's getting a bit convoluted and unintuitive at that point.

If nobody's got better techniques, can settle for Kobolds with venomous war animals for now!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 09:04:37 pm by GadgetPatch »

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2023, 12:01:39 pm »

Still nothing, even having the arena tag doesn't make it appear in the effects list, so actually testing this out is still eluding me.

Strange, I got it to work with the changes.

Did you remember to add CE_ to the can do interactions?

And do you have this in the beginning of the file:

Code: [Select]
interaction_pleiades_pyromancy.txt

[OBJECT:INTERACTION]

Edit. Also, does errorlog.txt say anything?

This is what it looks like currently, with the tweaks you suggested;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

the errorlog is blank after booting up the arena, but I haven't tried generating a world with it yet.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2023, 12:05:54 pm »

Oop, hang on a second

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2023, 12:14:39 pm »

Okay, it's shown up, and it's abilities are in the menu.

Works EXACTLY as I hoped - casted FIREJET a few times (pic related) and he's completely fine. Granted, no clothes to burn, but.

Only thing to iron out now is the sprite - was meant to be the same Ñ symbol as the necromancer but yellow/orange, I seem to have created a green square.

Update: Sprite's fixed. Turns out it's only AI controlled pyromancers that risk burning themselves; sometimes they'll just walk into the fire's cone while it's still going. Adventurers are safe as long as they're smart... and obscenely powerful.

But otherwise, works as desired. :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 12:57:46 pm by comicraider »

SamDwarfx06

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2023, 07:02:19 pm »

I found this in Legend Viewer:
In 106, early summer, (8th of Hematite) the dwarf deity Ral Gemvaults the Gilded Pearls of Fortune put HF284_DIV MINOR_BLESSING_1 on the dwarf Ast Claspedsly in Tongsford.
In DF Legend Mode, it look like:
In the early summer of 106, Ralthe dwarf vampire Ast Claspedsly in  Tongsford.
Look like some text is missing here:
In the early summer of 106, Ral[HERE]the dwarf vampire Ast Claspedsly in  Tongsford.

Is it some known bug or historical figure can be blessed?
My guess: it is just some id offset error, the game should display vampire curse but for some reason it display a generated blessing.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2023, 05:23:51 pm »

Welp, Pyromancy's done... let's make a few more kinds of elemental magic.

Any idea if any of these are possible?;

>Shooting strong gusts of "wind" (likely just some powerful knockback)
>Wingless flight
>Their bodies changing to be made of stone/metal upon learning the secret or as an ability
>Releasing clouds of smoke/sand/such
>Firing steam, water or ice from their hands
>Freezing a target solid
>Some kind of ability that instantly kills undead
>Ability to heal or remove syndromes on a target
>Growing antlers
>Compelling wild animals to aid you

Do stop me if I'm being overly ambitious :p

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2023, 05:24:53 pm »

I found this in Legend Viewer:
In 106, early summer, (8th of Hematite) the dwarf deity Ral Gemvaults the Gilded Pearls of Fortune put HF284_DIV MINOR_BLESSING_1 on the dwarf Ast Claspedsly in Tongsford.
In DF Legend Mode, it look like:
In the early summer of 106, Ralthe dwarf vampire Ast Claspedsly in  Tongsford.
Look like some text is missing here:
In the early summer of 106, Ral[HERE]the dwarf vampire Ast Claspedsly in  Tongsford.

Is it some known bug or historical figure can be blessed?
My guess: it is just some id offset error, the game should display vampire curse but for some reason it display a generated blessing.

What mods are you running? I had something similar happen in a vanilla world, but that was more "Listing anything that was melted/destroyed by fire as being destroyed by a hydra that's been dead for centuries", might just be a worldgen quirk.

Count10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2023, 04:11:35 pm »

Hello! I've been trying to make some secrets, but I've run into a very fundamental issue: they don't seem to show up at all in the worlds I generate. I've tried setting number of secrets to 1, but it's still just regular necromancers. Is there something I'm missing?

Here's the secret:

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2023, 04:26:57 pm »

Hello! I've been trying to make some secrets, but I've run into a very fundamental issue: they don't seem to show up at all in the worlds I generate. I've tried setting number of secrets to 1, but it's still just regular necromancers. Is there something I'm missing?

Test setting secrets in advanced world gen to 0 (this disables generated necromancers, but your own secrets/interaction should continue to work) and perhaps give a entity/civ [RELIGION_SPHERE:OCEANS] to increase chances of a ocean god existing.

Generate a world and check Legends for any slabs and their history.

Count10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2023, 04:30:12 pm »

Test setting secrets in advanced world gen to 0 (this disables generated necromancers, but your own secrets/interaction should continue to work) and perhaps give a entity/civ [RELIGION_SPHERE:OCEANS] to increase chances of a ocean god existing.

Generate a world and check Legends for any slabs and their history.

I've actually tried setting it to zero too, but that didn't generate anything at all. I thought it prevented people from looking for secrets completely. Checking for slabs has been my main method of looking to see if it worked, there are usually a lot right near the start of the legends mode list. I'll check gods, but I've generated like a dozen worlds and I find it hard to believe that none of them had any ocean gods.

Count10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2023, 04:26:01 pm »

I've managed to solve my issue of secrets not spawning at all, I've been testing on the steam version of the game and for some reason uploading the mod to the workshop and downloading it from there fixed it. I suspect that adding modded files to the vanilla folders directly doesn't work on that version and that instead they need to go in the installed_mods folder.
I have, however, run into another strange issue. I've made some other secrets as part of the same project that transform those who learn them, but despite people learning them in worldgen nothing seems to happen. It just gives the line and the person goes on to die of old age anyway.
Here's the new bugged secrets:

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2023, 06:16:50 pm »

Yeah, you can't modify the vanilla raws directly, you have to make a mod in the mods folder. If you then want to change vanilla raws you need to use the SELECT_ and CUT_ tags for the vanilla object you're editing.

The no effect is probably because the transformation doesn't actually take effect in worldgen, only in actual play on the map. They can't inherit immortality from a transformation into an immortal creature anyways. And since the secret itself doesn't give them Immortality, they will still die at or after the set date in their "soul"

Also, to get more gods of particular spheres sometimes it's best to list those spheres as part of an entity or two, so they're guaranteed to be generated by those entities. Especially while trying to test the secret. You can remove them later and rely on random generation of spheres.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 06:19:42 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14