Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682297 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5520 on: August 04, 2024, 07:27:52 pm »

Quick question about adventure mode interactions used by the player, I have a creature who in fortress mode works perfectly and in adventure mode works perfectly when controlled by the computer, but when the creature is the player the interactions are not working ??

Example:on attack summon one monster,
computer opponents summon a monster, while the player does not, I noticed adventure mode is a little different in the current build so maybe it's a bug ?
I havent played or modded since before 0.47.  But, logically, if your fortress critters use it as intended, and your NPC friends use it as intended, and the player cannot, than you should be focusing your attention on the player use conditions.  Strip out the extra stuff and make a tiny world, and try to use it there.  Or better yet, go to the arena and test it there.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

DPh Kraken

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN:she:her:herself][PRONOUN:it:its:itself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: August 04, 2024, 09:36:16 pm »

Arena has some slight issues with creature summoning effects, because of all creatures being hostile if not assigned to a team.
[CHEESE_PLANT] and [CHEESE_GRAPHICS] biggest fan
My mods:
Language & symbolsMiscellanyGraphics resourcesPseudo-ASCII

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: August 05, 2024, 12:04:45 pm »

How does POP_RATIO work? No matter what value I enter, the caste ratios of groups of animals I encounter in the wild always seem to be evenly matched. Is it bugged or am I doing something wrong? Or am I just unlucky?
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

wolfywoo

• Escaped Lunatic
  • grunglo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: August 05, 2024, 06:33:10 pm »

Short version: hey, how specifically does ITEMCORPSE work? So I can make a creature drop a certain body part upon death that no other creature has.

Longer version: so I'm making a race of fellas who have a weird "mask" in place of a face. That mask body part is their center of thought, and if it is destroyed or severed, they die.
I've got that working perfect, so now I'm on step 2: when they die, their bodies turn to smoke (done via [NIGHT_CREATURE_NIGHTMARE]), ideally leaving behind their mask as an itemcorpse. Which I can't seem to figure out yet, as how ITEMCORPSE's syntax even functions is like... an inscrutable monolith to me. The mask is made of its own unique tissue & material, too. I also realize that rather than their mask, it'll likely just be a mask, but that's fine.

Funny little sidenote: so, after killing them, any severed limbs turn to smoke along with the rest of the body, right? But for some reason their masks don't. If I sever one's mask, it... stays. Could this be because the body part is TOTEMABLE or something?? 'Cause I mean, if the mask isn't cut off, it fizzles away with the corpse it's attached to. While this severing behavior is like halfway towards what I want to happen... I dunno why this happens. (Also, while I don't even really expect dwarf fortress raws to be capable of this, it'd just be cooler to sever the mask and have it remain where it landed, versus having the mask you cut off poof away and a new one appear at the body. If that... is indeed how that works. Because I now realize that, if I get itemcorpse working, oh wowee two masks yippee!)

DPh Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: August 06, 2024, 07:40:52 pm »

Short version: hey, how specifically does ITEMCORPSE work? So I can make a creature drop a certain body part upon death that no other creature has.

Itemcorpse uses fairly standard item creation syntax, this is consistent with how reactions produce and receive items.
The template is:
[ITEMCORPSE:<item>:<item subtype>:<material category>:<material subtype>]

For a gabbro man, this is a gabbro boulder.
[ITEMCORPSE:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:GABBRO]
Boulder is a raw material with no subtypes, so NO_SUBTYPE or NONE is used in that position.

If you wanted to make a creature produce a wearable mask made of the creature's bone, you'd add
[ITEMCORPSE:HELM:ITEM_HELM_MASK:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE]

If you've given them other unique materials to make their mask out of, then you can swap BONE for that ID. Likewise if you've defined an inorganic material to make up their tissues - you would cite INORGANIC:<ID> instead of LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE.
I hope this explanation helps. As for the persistent body part, I think that TOTEMABLE is the likely cause of that behavior.

Further information:
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Material_token
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Item_token
My mods:

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: August 07, 2024, 07:20:26 am »

I want my creatures to use the human graphics. That's it. How do I do it?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: August 07, 2024, 06:21:55 pm »

Copy-paste the vanilla human raws (You'll have to select them from the layered graphics file, all the races graphics are in the same file for some stupid reason.) into your file and replace [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:HUMAN] with [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:YOUR_CREATURE_ID_HERE]. Then find and do the same with the humans corpse graphics and statue graphics.

All the links in the graphics should remain valid, you dont even need to duplicate the image files because its still linking back to the vanilla_creatures_graphics/images structure, all youve done is change the associated creature ID from HUMAN to whatever yours is.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5527 on: August 07, 2024, 07:40:04 pm »

Quick question about adventure mode interactions used by the player, I have a creature who in fortress mode works perfectly and in adventure mode works perfectly when controlled by the computer, but when the creature is the player the interactions are not working ??

Example:on attack summon one monster,
computer opponents summon a monster, while the player does not, I noticed adventure mode is a little different in the current build so maybe it's a bug ?
I havent played or modded since before 0.47.  But, logically, if your fortress critters use it as intended, and your NPC friends use it as intended, and the player cannot, than you should be focusing your attention on the player use conditions.  Strip out the extra stuff and make a tiny world, and try to use it there.  Or better yet, go to the arena and test it there.

This is the most confusing part, I can get it to work everywhere except when the player chooses the interaction from the "use ability" button, if the computer is in Control everything works as intended.

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: August 07, 2024, 07:46:13 pm »

I've heard that summoning interactions are bugged don't work when used by the adventurer at the moment.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: August 08, 2024, 04:20:11 pm »

Can RELIGION:REGIONAL_FORCE and DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:DARK_FORTRESS somehow be combined?
Meaning: a unique demon is created as leader of the civ, but is not worshipped as such?
And furthermore: can I define a creature with UNIQUE_DEMON that is garantueed to be used in this civ, with changing as less as possible to the original gameplay?

(I'd like to archive something that has to differ as much as possible from the vanilla enities)

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: August 08, 2024, 04:52:00 pm »

The unique demon master isn't worshiped as a deity by it's dark fortress civilization. Dark fortress as the default site can be combined freely with either a pantheon or regional force.

Acymetric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: August 08, 2024, 10:39:47 pm »

It seems like this question must have an obvious answer somewhere, but I can't seem to find it: does adding the same tag (say, [TRAINABLE] since that is a common one for mods to touch alongside other changes to animals) multiple times via separate select calls cause any problems?

DPh Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: August 09, 2024, 12:41:45 am »

Duplicating boolean tags like TRAINABLE shouldn't cause any issue. The parser will see that the creature has TRAINABLE, set the trainable flag, and redundant entries would have no further effect.
My mods:

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: August 10, 2024, 02:33:47 pm »

besides hostility to other factions, what does BABY_SNATCHER do, if your fortress civ has it? Will snatched babies been brought in? any other significant effect?
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 372