Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682400 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5445 on: April 23, 2024, 07:55:58 pm »

Okay, so. I am making a creature that should only be found as a pet of a specific civilisation. No wild populations. How would I achieve this?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: April 23, 2024, 07:58:22 pm »

Dont give it any biome tags. Just add it in the entity through the ANIMAL tag. Or make it COMMON_DOMESTIC, and it will be available to everybody.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: April 23, 2024, 07:59:58 pm »

Thanks. Another question.

How do I make dwarves drink milk? I want them to drink milk.

Just realised that this isn't the right thread. Whoops.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: April 23, 2024, 08:05:04 pm »

Not sure on that one. You could try adding ALCOHOL_CREATURE to the MILK_TEMPLATE material template. I don't know if selecting it will work or if you'd have to cut it and recreate it with a mod loaded immediately after it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5449 on: April 25, 2024, 03:45:54 am »

Not sure on that one. You could try adding ALCOHOL_CREATURE to the MILK_TEMPLATE material template. I don't know if selecting it will work or if you'd have to cut it and recreate it with a mod loaded immediately after it.
It's doable I did it with my bmc:kosas mod milk that gets dwarfs utterly 💩faced

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: April 25, 2024, 03:54:23 am »

Can [BONECARN]s eat cheese?

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5451 on: April 25, 2024, 05:19:13 am »

Can [BONECARN]s eat cheese?

Ummm that I'm not sure about I never did try that my dwarf are not bone carn 😔 but I mean if you can trick them into drinking milk you can probably trick them into eating cheese maybe

Intelligent egg layer eat their own eggs eating cheese might do doable?
One caveat to remember when dealing with intelligent milk you have to somehow make them not intelligent to milk them otherwise it's really hard to milk them, worst case scenario station them or burrow them near the farmer station and milk them that way

Later after I wake up and get some coffee in me I can run my mod with my dwarfs and put bone carn on them and see if they eat the cheese if you haven't figured it out by then

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: April 26, 2024, 08:45:22 am »

Is it possible for a caste to have both [MALE] and [FEMALE] tokens and function as a hemaphrodite?

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5453 on: April 26, 2024, 12:09:20 pm »

Is it possible for a caste to have both [MALE] and [FEMALE] tokens and function as a hemaphrodite?

Please do some science on this and let me know please I'm busy with other stuff or I would concentrate hard on figuring that out

I just want to say though for the record for people that are modding and modding in general to this game the game doesn't always generate errors when you test something in arena mode just remember that it could compile like everything's good until you go into either adventure mode or fortress mode and then boom your logs full of errors

And there are times when you mod something and change it later  when you do these changes and it looks like everything works  I don't know if I could explain that right but sometimes changing fixing a mistake doesn't get rid of the problem until you regenerate
It kind of sucks but if you're testing something, regenerate the world every single time every single time you change something regenerate the world it kind of sucks but at least you'll have the least amount of false positive errors, errors generated or missing mistakes this way

A light example of this I changed bodies of several creatures mid world it caused errors I fixed the errors completely but the errors persisted in the error log leading me to believe that there was errors with the body still regenerating the world now the logs are empty and not saying that the bodies are wrong anymore

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: April 26, 2024, 12:49:56 pm »

I'm under the impression that if the functionality isn't used anywhere, the answer is typically no. Though who knows. It wouldn't be the first time that stuff's been found to work by pure chance alone...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: April 26, 2024, 02:02:53 pm »

They dont do anything when combined. It just goes with whichever token was applied last.
I make Spellcrafts!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: April 26, 2024, 03:45:03 pm »

They dont do anything when combined. It just goes with whichever token was applied last.

Awwwwww myyaaaaaannn

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: April 26, 2024, 03:55:24 pm »

There was a suggestion thread about doing more with gender and sex and sexuality, and Putnam was heavily involved with it, so it's definitely something that is known/thought about by Putnam at least. If time comes where she can do something with it or Toady wants to implement more related, then hermaphrodites and null-sex considerations are quite likely. in the future.
I make Spellcrafts!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: April 26, 2024, 04:36:58 pm »

-snip-

You know, there could at least be proper consideration to in-game people belonging to sexless castes. They are referred to with it/its pronouns, instead of they/them. Not that there is anything wrong with it/its pronoun usage, but from a pragmatic standpoint, there should be distinction between a sexless animal and a person.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: April 26, 2024, 04:43:32 pm »

Gotta agree it's pretty outdated. Lets hope stuff like this is on the features shortlist once the premium release is fully done.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 372