Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682652 times)

Poldon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5355 on: September 30, 2023, 03:35:00 pm »

Thats a clever solution by the way :-)

So as this is the thread for Entity questions:
* If a monarch has [NUMBER:MORE_THAN_ONE], there should be multiple monarchs, I quess. Will they all arive when you become the mountainhome? or only one?
* If you are the mountainhome, can you as the player replace the current duke/count/baron? since they are APOINTED_BY the monarch?
* can the title 'mountainhome'  be changed?
* can a civ-level position be [ELECTED]? What is the effect?
* if a [NUMBER:LESS] position is replaced by a [NUMBER:MORE] position, will the current holders retain their upgraded postion, or will the all be replaced?
* If a postion is APOINTED_BY a diplomat, will the player be able to replace said position, when the diplomat is visiting the fortress? or only when the diplomat becomes a citizen?
* If a monarch arrives at the your fortress, be brings an 'entourage', with consist among other of a 'royal guard' with high level weapon skills. Can this be modded?
* Do other civ-level postion holders also arive as the monarch arives? For example generals and outpost liasons? or my modded ministers?
* what is the effect of adding other [ EXECUTION_SKILL] tokens to non-executioner-positions? Will this skill be preferred for candidates for said postion? like broker and accountant also use appropriate skills?
* Do elections only favor social skills, or do other nescesarry skills play a role? If i have an elected bookkeeper, will he just be chatty and not good at bookkeeping?

I don't know the answers to some of these, but others I believe I do.

Elected positions generally cause historical figures to have skills relevant to the position. In vanilla the only elected position has no required skills besides being social, so that's what causes candidates to win. Elected military roles will likely have good military skills. Civ elected positions do work and should have at least some skill in the position. If you have more than one elected site position, keep in mind that a single figure can be elected to multiple offices simultaneously.

Adding execution skill to non-executioners most likely does nothing, or throws an error.

Diplomats are usually civ-level positions. Civ-level positions cannot be appointed by a player fort, I believe, so a visiting diplomat or even a resident one won't help you.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: September 30, 2023, 09:44:53 pm »

Is there a way to make a creature emit projectiles that aren’t just minuscule rocks?
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: October 01, 2023, 05:17:19 am »

What would you like to emit then? Big rocks?

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: October 01, 2023, 06:39:00 am »

Yeah, different kind of projectiles ideally.
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: October 01, 2023, 07:26:14 am »

Here are some options, but i thing non of them will fit what you like to achieve. search for it on the wiki.
MATERAIL_EMISSION, SOLID_GLOB
TRAILING_ITEM_FLOW
WEBBER

A stretch, but perhaps you can build an interaction that crrates this item in the form of a very weak creature, then apply PROPEL_UNIT to it, so it flies away, and immidiatly dies. With ITEM_CORPSE you can then drop the real desierd item. Like a big rock.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: October 02, 2023, 01:26:50 pm »

Yeah, that wouldn't work in one interaction. And the creature summoned wouldn't necessarily be in the correct direction to be launched, you'd have to move between summoning them and launching them.

Imagine the existence of such a poor critter. To pop into existence only to be yeeted away and fatally smash into something. That is hell.

There aren't any good alternative projectiles unfortunately...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: October 02, 2023, 03:48:12 pm »

also, you can give it bow and arrows.
Is it a cave-dwelling species?
mod a bow-item and give it to the enity

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: October 20, 2023, 07:56:20 am »

When creating an Entity's landholder positions, do the trigger tokens still function or are they completely removed?

Also, can a site in worldgen have both a Tier 1 landholder AND a Tier 2, or must they always replace? For instance, I was trying to make a civ that has elected T1s at every site, and then the appointed T2s are replaced by appointed T3s. However I've never actually seen anything above T1 unless I add the replaced_by token. Is that just the way it works or am I unlucky?

Trigger tokens are now 1-9 instead of specific values and the values that correspond to each of those tiers is adjustable in the difficulty settings
Hi Putnam,
So you say: 1-9. Does this mean there are more levels of LAND_HOLDER possible? How can I find the right settings for each level?

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: October 20, 2023, 08:00:33 am »

About REPLACED_BY.

The sherrif is REPLACED_BY the captain of the guard. But when the captain becomes available, the position becomes empty at first. So the dwarf holding the sherrifs title wil loose the title.

However.

The Baron is REPLACED_BY the count which is replaced by the duke. But this dwarf keeps his title. I mean, the dwarf that was first the baron then becomes the count. 

Why is that? What is the difference? How can I force a title either to be removed when replaced, or to be kept when replaced?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: October 20, 2023, 11:30:52 am »

Trigger tokens are now 1-9 instead of specific values and the values that correspond to each of those tiers is adjustable in the difficulty settings
So you say: 1-9. Does this mean there are more levels of LAND_HOLDER possible? How can I find the right settings for each level?

The specific functions determining population and value requirements for extra land holders are determined on your world-file like they said. They're the only ones i believe you can't edit from the options menu (which has what would normally be d_init but can deal with the economy/enemy difficulty on the fortress without jumping out of the game to edit it).

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: October 21, 2023, 12:43:05 am »

What are some creature tokens that have conflicts when placed in an entity/certain entity tokens?

Like having NO_EAT and fishing enabled causing crashing
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: October 21, 2023, 03:14:27 am »

Not that much more afaik

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: October 22, 2023, 09:06:01 am »

i don't see any active plant modding thread. do forgive me for posting it here.

for modding existing vanilla plant, do i have to CUT and rewrite everything?
can't i just slip some tags that i want to add or change with SELECT?

ex :
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_PLANT:myplant]
     [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]  // <- is this how you define a "new" property?
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen drink]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:new drink]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:where's my drink?]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:CRIMSON]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:4:0:0]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[DRINK:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
     [SELECT_MATERIAL:FRUIT]  // <- is this a proper way to "select" existing property?
         [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: October 22, 2023, 10:35:58 am »

Yes you can do adding with SELECT not removing or replacing.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: October 22, 2023, 01:55:51 pm »

This is no longer true:

"Positions do not automatically appear when you reach their requirements. For example, if you remove the ELECTED token from the Mayor, then the Mayor will never appear, even once you reach their required number of dwarves. For a position that does not appear at embark to appear in your fortress, it must be APPOINTED_BY another position or ELECTED."

I made a position which was neither appointed nor elected with a required pop. It became automaticly available and a random dwarf 'assumed' the position.
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 372