Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682717 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5265 on: August 30, 2023, 01:33:07 pm »

No idea, doubt it though
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5266 on: August 30, 2023, 06:48:16 pm »

I don't even think dfhack can do that. If you disable temperature it won't melt things.

Sorry to keep beating this dead horse but, could you use a material emission to shoot water into magma constantly turning it into obsidian I will attempt this later to see for my self but figured I'd ask
It does not sadly, I thought for some reason emissions left something on the ground....

Edit: disregard this post magma is hardcoded beyond what I want to do with it... Back to the drawing board
 I wanted a magma swimming controllable unit

For the record for others trying this nothing that you can control(anything you can assign a labor to) will path into or over magma, magma at 1/7 breaks pathing and anything not caught in it will go the opposite direction or around it I think if it's possible, if  there's no way out of the magma area the creature will not move any more(intelligent creature ai is blocked inside "closed" rooms) magma acts like barrier that at best can only be pathed over if also pathing away from)  tiles touching magma are ignored)workwise

😭it can't even perform a job on a tile directly adjacent to the tile the creature is standing on, they effectively don't exist anymore
Which I'm assuming is happening cause they are stuck in an infinite loop of "get away from lava" and can't do anything else until "get away from lava" is achieved
Tested by leaving creature in closed room filled with magma and work orders for digging inside the magma filled room he stood there motionless even though 2 digging actions would have freed him from his prison

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: September 01, 2023, 04:44:40 am »

Did you tried [ FIREIMMUNE] ?
Wiki says:  "allows it to path through high temperature zones, like lava or fires."

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5268 on: September 01, 2023, 07:38:19 am »

Yes I did I probably wasn't super clear I'm not very good at writing stuff but yes I tried fire immune (path through, not into)
and things can path through lava if they're pathing to get away from the lava(has to be an open exit from magma area) they cant explore 7/7 regions of liquid

Creatures you see in the magma area are not using intelligent ai (can have labors) that's why they can be there and move around

No magma scuba diving team 😭

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: September 01, 2023, 07:57:10 am »

well, even scuba divers don't "walk" into water, they jump into. What about dumping your dwarves into the magma? With no way out?

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5270 on: September 01, 2023, 07:59:02 am »

well, even scuba divers don't "walk" into water, they jump into. What about dumping your dwarves into the magma? With no way out?

They freeze forever effectively not existing any more which I believe is happening because they're stuck in a loop of get away from lava and if they're in a trapped room they can't so they just stand there

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: September 01, 2023, 08:00:38 am »

hmm. did you made them aquatic / no_breathe?

what about copying a original fire-creature's raw, like an imp, and make then only intelligent?

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5272 on: September 01, 2023, 08:05:25 am »

hmm. did you made them aquatic / no_breathe?

what about copying a original fire-creature's raw, like an imp, and make then only intelligent?

Intelligent is what breaks it stupid creatures can swim in lava, I guess lava swimming is too good for the civilized world lol

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: September 01, 2023, 08:14:50 am »

alright, what about:

- make your dwarfs CAN_LEARN and CAN_SPEAK instead of INTELLIGENT
- give them a secretion of a material, thats evaporates at a high temperature (close to magma)
- they'll inhale its vapors, if they are close by magma
- because of the inhaling, they get a syndrome that removes the [CAN_LEARN]-token
- the become unintelligent, and maybe path towards their original target.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: September 01, 2023, 08:17:15 am »

also:
* can they swim?
* have you tried playing them as adventurer in an older version?

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5275 on: September 01, 2023, 08:20:16 am »

alright, what about:

- make your dwarfs CAN_LEARN and CAN_SPEAK instead of INTELLIGENT
- give them a secretion of a material, thats evaporates at a high temperature (close to magma)
- they'll inhale its vapors, if they are close by magma
- because of the inhaling, they get a syndrome that removes the [CAN_LEARN]-token
- the become unintelligent, and maybe path towards their original target.
Lmao no I didn't try that but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that as soon as they lose intelligence their pathing will become very erratic or they will come back to a meeting area like all animals with no assigned pasture

As crazy as it sounds though I will try this to find out for sure

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: September 01, 2023, 08:37:25 am »

so what do you even plan to do with your fiery scuba divers? mine or build in a volcano?

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5277 on: September 01, 2023, 08:45:00 am »

so what do you even plan to do with your fiery scuba divers? mine or build in a volcano?

The dream was to build a piece of dwarven technology to rival the gods the MESS1 the Magma exploration suit series one  or Messy, cause when magma is involved things can get messy 😎

An exosuit built for deep mining and all the danger that it entails
To explore the magma sea from the inside like a dwarven Jacques Cousteau..
Sadly I built the machine but the pilots are too stupid to use it

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5278 on: September 01, 2023, 08:52:51 am »

also:
* can they swim?
* have you tried playing them as adventurer in an older version?
No I haven't tried any thing in adventure mode

The bigger problem isn't the creatures ability to maneuver in the lava the bigger problem is the creatures absolute and utter aversion to lava when it's coming at the creature even 1 of seven lava will make the creature flee the opposite direction unless the exit is beyond the lava

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: September 01, 2023, 09:37:39 am »

So what if you block their normal exit?
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 372