Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682295 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4830 on: November 06, 2020, 11:39:42 am »

Yeah, if they have NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER they'll go out and kill people. If they have SPOUSE_CONVERTER on one caste and CONVERTED_SPOUSE on the other, children of the appropriate caste will go out and abduct and transform people into the converted caste. I just made a civ consisting of night trolls and they did exactly that in world gen. Well, all the male children after the first generation, anyway.

Now, IIRC there was some horrible game breaking bug with this. Maybe something to do with them joining other civs and then becoming instantly hostile when on the map? I dont really remember. Good luck and report all the horrible game breaking bugs!
What if make four castes? Two converters and two converted, of both genders. A;so, I mean HABIT token: like cooking people or grinding vermins.

I tested in 47.04, embark on lair. There was starved troll, with table of skeletons and cauldron of sentient meat. I makeown'ed him, then he was not hostile.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: November 06, 2020, 02:12:26 pm »

Oh cool, I didn't test the habit tokens themselves

But yeah, if you use four castes, they'll convert people into one of them at random, which can result in childbearing same sex marriages, however thats supposed to work. So I would only use one pair if at all.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

HakuryuVision

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: November 07, 2020, 07:42:07 pm »

I'm terribly sorry if this was asked before (spent the last hour looking for this topic in the forums), but how can i make specific animals only be used by specific entities/civs?
For example, i created a giant goliath beetle and wanted ONLY dwarves to use this creature.
Can i somehow use [CREATURE_CLASS:]?

I see Kobolds have it in the entities raws.
   [ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_CLASS:POISONOUS]
      [ANIMAL_FORBIDDEN_CLASS:MAMMAL]
      [ANIMAL_NEVER_MOUNT]
      [ANIMAL_NEVER_WAGON_PULLER]
      [ANIMAL_NEVER_PACK_ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PET]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_SIEGE]

I've been experimenting with modding, but i somehow keep messing it up.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: November 07, 2020, 08:00:12 pm »

Spoiler: cutom elves (click to show/hide)

[ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN:GIANT_BARN_OWL]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
   [ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN:GIANT_SWAN]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
   [ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN:GIANT_DAMSELFLY]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
   [ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN::GIANT_DRAGONFLY]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN::GIANT_ELK]
   [ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN::GIANT_RACCOON]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
   [ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN::BADGER, GIANT]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
   [ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN::ARMADILLO, GIANT]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]

I honestly cant attest to the voracity of this, but this seemed to work for me.  Adding a duplicate mon that only spwans in no biome in addition to whatever biome it spawns into will let you select the no-biome mon for exclusive access for your civ, no?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

HakuryuVision

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: November 07, 2020, 08:58:43 pm »

Spoiler: cutom elves (click to show/hide)

[ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN:GIANT_BARN_OWL]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
   [ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN:GIANT_SWAN]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
   [ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN:GIANT_DAMSELFLY]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
   [ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN::GIANT_DRAGONFLY]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN::GIANT_ELK]
   [ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN::GIANT_RACCOON]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
   [ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN::BADGER, GIANT]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
   [ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN::ARMADILLO, GIANT]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]

I honestly cant attest to the voracity of this, but this seemed to work for me.  Adding a duplicate mon that only spwans in no biome in addition to whatever biome it spawns into will let you select the no-biome mon for exclusive access for your civ, no?

You are a godsend, Pisskop!
Worked like a charm!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: November 08, 2020, 03:00:09 am »

Yeah, if they have NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER they'll go out and kill people. If they have SPOUSE_CONVERTER on one caste and CONVERTED_SPOUSE on the other, children of the appropriate caste will go out and abduct and transform people into the converted caste. I just made a civ consisting of night trolls and they did exactly that in world gen. Well, all the male children after the first generation, anyway.

Now, IIRC there was some horrible game breaking bug with this. Maybe something to do with them joining other civs and then becoming instantly hostile when on the map? I dont really remember. Good luck and report all the horrible game breaking bugs!
What if make four castes? Two converters and two converted, of both genders. A;so, I mean HABIT token: like cooking people or grinding vermins.

I tested in 47.04, embark on lair. There was starved troll, with table of skeletons and cauldron of sentient meat. I makeown'ed him, then he was not hostile.
if I remember a thing about night trolls is they are only hostile.... when you have a military nearby otherwise they will be peaceful, this does mean if you have guests that aren't bards they might attack them also merchant guards.

I'm dipping into seeing if it possible to just convince a night troll to join a fort in vanilla but I have a hunch that due to adventurers are in an army they are counted as part of a military and will be assaulted also finding a night troll to pull this off has been tricky as of late.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: November 08, 2020, 08:11:57 am »

Actually adding on to the current conversation, does anyone know how night creature+benign works out? I know some tags are able to "pacify" nightcreatures, like nofear and boogeymen, so with benign preventing military units from aggroing on something without being given an order would that create potentially passive monsters?

I'm currently trying to implement that combination myself, but it might be a while before I actually get around to testing if it works or not.
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: November 08, 2020, 08:28:23 am »

Actually adding on to the current conversation, does anyone know how night creature+benign works out? I know some tags are able to "pacify" nightcreatures, like nofear and boogeymen, so with benign preventing military units from aggroing on something without being given an order would that create potentially passive monsters?

I'm currently trying to implement that combination myself, but it might be a while before I actually get around to testing if it works or not.
  ok so there's like multiple types of night creatures
night trolls, bogeymen, Nightmares, and Werebeasts the are all shared on the same night_creature_# raw token and while some tokens do pacify them on the range of totally fine to hang out with to needs to be sealed up and used as a bioweapon  the list goes

Bogeymen, Night Trolls, Nightmares I think are wild animals thus probably more tamed but could be treated as a caged bioweapon, Purestrain werebeasts.
but the order to get them is the number of how many types are combined to the total but in the number ranges they are:
night trolls, Bogeymen, nightmares, Werebeasts
and messing with entity animal tokens to get them as pets to buy in embark would work and one way to play as them in adventure mode and fort mode.... for at least night trolls and bogeymen, and werebeasts
you really don't wanna spend money in adv mode to buy any of them unless you're like also a bogeyman and or want to have your pet trying to maul you to death on the first 4 ticks into the game.

that said what you're suggesting is giving a syndrome to a night troll that will reduce or remove key hostility causing factors which is possible and doable does also mean you have to either make it infect only those with the night creature hunter token and or have it infect everyone in the fort and just turn hostile folks docile.
"body swapping and YOU!"

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: November 08, 2020, 09:00:53 am »

Technically what I'm trying to do in my mod is creating a night creature with 2 castes, one benign and one not. The good one (assuming I get this working, tho I think it's possible) will give "blessings" (in the form of greeting interactions that apply beneficial syndromes) but have interactions with devastating long range effects that it will use if forced to defend itself (undirected clouds of syndrome causing gas, lots of random rotting objects to cause miasma issues, transforming itself into something really dangerous, etc). The bad one is just, ya know, a normal night creature. Basically an old crone shows up at the fortress and the player has to figure out if she's a good or bad witch and either turn her away (aka try and kill her) or show her hospitality.

well thats the goal at least, assuming all the tags interact how I hope they do. I've got a plan b for making something functionally similar but it would be more of a PITA to deal with and have more potential to be glitchy.
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: November 08, 2020, 11:57:17 pm »

Technically what I'm trying to do in my mod is creating a night creature with 2 castes, one benign and one not. The good one (assuming I get this working, tho I think it's possible) will give "blessings" (in the form of greeting interactions that apply beneficial syndromes) but have interactions with devastating long range effects that it will use if forced to defend itself (undirected clouds of syndrome causing gas, lots of random rotting objects to cause miasma issues, transforming itself into something really dangerous, etc). The bad one is just, ya know, a normal night creature. Basically an old crone shows up at the fortress and the player has to figure out if she's a good or bad witch and either turn her away (aka try and kill her) or show her hospitality.

well thats the goal at least, assuming all the tags interact how I hope they do. I've got a plan b for making something functionally similar but it would be more of a PITA to deal with and have more potential to be glitchy.
though if the differences with this night creature is there's two castes of them which technically means they could birth into the other one, and if you're basing this off the night troll behaviors the player could just exile the night troll migrant and they would obliged with no hassle, though a guest version would be a doozy as you be stuck with "hope you got no military when shows up" or "pray they don't see them" when you deal with them.
"body swapping and YOU!"

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: November 09, 2020, 09:11:12 am »

thats what I'm hoping to use the "benign" tag for. It prevents military from automatically attacking anything with it. that said I don't know if it supersedes the night creature "military always attacks this creature" flag or not.

But yeah the guest version is honestly the scarier of the two lol. She limits trap placement and should be instant fun if she shows up at a bad time (her curse right now isn't that complicated. Just turns her into a hydra that acts 8x faster AKA fucks over your fort, tho it's pretty short acting and outside of that she has no real combat abilities. The evil one has very little to keep her alive if attacked so she should die pretty easily, although she'll probably eat/kill/mentally ruin a few dwarves before that happens.

Also just being a night creature won't actually make them try and sneak into the fort. It'll force them to show up like megabeasts (I think), who very conveniently use the same pathfinding as visitors and head directly to your tavern. The sneaking behavior is more syndrome related iirc, whereas this is a whole new species.

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: November 09, 2020, 03:54:51 pm »

pointless trivia fact, accidentally making a spouse converter into a spouse conversion target through creature variations, then doing it AGAIN by using the NEW_TAG instead of REMOVE_TAG causes the game to crash in worldgen somehow.

I really thought it was turning people into worms and trying to eat them that was doing it but nope.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: November 10, 2020, 11:44:12 am »

thats what I'm hoping to use the "benign" tag for. It prevents military from automatically attacking anything with it. that said I don't know if it supersedes the night creature "military always attacks this creature" flag or not.

so that bit is a Night Troll thing which isn't seen in Bogeymen at forts. also oh flipping god do night trolls are stubborn on the not wanting to join a military like I got them to wander over to the player site and be treated as a friendly unit but shrugs on that front.
also it seems bogeymen don't have benign on them so it might just be night_creature_hunter token causes the attacks on military actions.
"body swapping and YOU!"

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: November 10, 2020, 09:02:49 pm »

May have already been asked before, but I noticed the wiki says the FEATURE_BEAST tag has been unlocked for modded raws. Does anyone know what it does now that we can use it ourselves? If not, I'll go ahead and experiment myself.  :D

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: November 11, 2020, 09:02:02 am »

May have already been asked before, but I noticed the wiki says the FEATURE_BEAST tag has been unlocked for modded raws. Does anyone know what it does now that we can use it ourselves? If not, I'll go ahead and experiment myself.  :D
I think that's what causes Forgotten Beasts to act like they do (attacking from underground, rather than the surface). Or it's what causes the '[Name] has come!' popup.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 372