Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682264 times)

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4815 on: October 25, 2020, 05:11:04 pm »

I think it would look something like [BLOOD:NONE:WATER:GAS], if you want the creature to bleed steam. The same applies with tissues -  just replace the usual [TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MATERIAL_HERE] with [TISSUE_MATERIAL:NONE:HARDCODED_MATERIAL_HERE].

That said, I'm not sure about the effects temperature may have - IIRC, my attempts to have a creature inject hardcoded glass in liquid state caused the limb to freeze, so you may want to watch out for issues like that.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 05:13:21 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4816 on: October 29, 2020, 02:51:19 am »

Do LEVEL:1 or LEVEL:5 do anything on food items? Asking out of curiosity.

Samten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: October 29, 2020, 10:03:20 am »

May I ask how do I set flour as dwarf's food preference using DFHack "assign-preferences" script?
The following line returns an error:
assign-preferences -likefood PLANT:VINE_WHIP:MILL
(same for other flours)
(btw, PLANT:VINE_WHIP:DRINK works perfectly for whip wine)

I use DF 44.12

UPDATE:
I was able to set preference for flour using modtools/pref-edit (token was the same). I guess there is some problem with assign-preferences script.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 02:13:38 pm by Samten »

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: October 31, 2020, 09:57:01 am »

Is it possible to create a reaction where an intelligent creature (for example, an Elf) can be taken to a workshop and have a barrel of blood be produced?

Asking because I'm trying to mod in alcoholic (or rather, drinkable by non-vamp dwarves) Elf blood, so I can something useful with these stupid treehuggers.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: November 01, 2020, 05:10:06 pm »

You'd have to transform them into a non-sentient caste of elves (with an extremely low pop ratio compared to regular elves) for a month or two that can be milked for blood. Or just fudge it and let a drawing blood reaction happen whenever. You can't use corpses or body parts without transforming them or removing sentience with a syndrome either, because dwarves won't use sentient critters body components in any job (except burial)

Or, dfhack. Lots of dfhack. No idea how, can't make dfhackery work for myself

I had an amusing reaction to making a playable race shearable by accident; the shearers would attempt to shear the nearest shearable creature, themselves, then cancel the job because they were in custody, of themselves. The game really is not meant to play around with sentient creatures as if they were livestock. It tends to break things.
And the ogresses don't appreciate it either.

Do LEVEL:1 or LEVEL:5 do anything on food items? Asking out of curiosity.

It's never worked in the past...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: November 01, 2020, 06:13:24 pm »

What makes rocs breed so much in worldgen?
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: November 01, 2020, 06:40:29 pm »

Not dying immediately, and having a large number spawning in worldgen.  They mature quickly relative to other Semis and they can fly, which is a huge boon to survivability and to movement in general.

i.e. they arent breeding more, simply fulfilling the requirements to breed more often
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: November 02, 2020, 03:47:46 am »

snip
Ah, well. Thanks for answering, though.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: November 02, 2020, 11:41:35 pm »

How do I make elves count as mortal? I tried adding [MAXAGE:1000] to them, but when I play as an elf in adventure mode, I still can't become a necromancer.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: November 02, 2020, 11:43:21 pm »

You need two set values for MAXAGE, a minimum age to die of old age at, and a maximum.

Try [MAXAGE:1000:1000].

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: November 03, 2020, 12:04:35 am »

You need two set values for MAXAGE, a minimum age to die of old age at, and a maximum.

Try [MAXAGE:1000:1000].
Thanks.

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: November 05, 2020, 07:09:58 am »

snip
Ah, well. Thanks for answering, though.

I don't think you actually need to make them nonsentient if you just want to milk them. However you may need to tame them. I know that if you get your hands on a tame male troll (either through very lucky missions to goblin sites or giving a playable civ the "use evil creatures" tag) you can shear them and they're technically sentient. Tame sentients are weird AF tho, and in general I wouldn't advise milking a once hostile ANYTHING (tame, sentient, or otherwise) without having used DFhack to first reset their entity links otherwise you're liable to face a loyalty cascade the instant the milking job is done and the creature is loose.

That said, you could TOTALLY make a reaction that turns elf bodyparts and corpses into whatever.

Making type of vermin that stings elves and inflicts a syndrome that turns them into a caste of elf that lays gold eggs is also possible.
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: November 06, 2020, 01:16:15 am »

As I know, goblins in old worlds live in lairs. What if add them habits? Will they do like night trolls?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: November 06, 2020, 04:51:55 am »

Yeah, if they have NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER they'll go out and kill people. If they have SPOUSE_CONVERTER on one caste and CONVERTED_SPOUSE on the other, children of the appropriate caste will go out and abduct and transform people into the converted caste. I just made a civ consisting of night trolls and they did exactly that in world gen. Well, all the male children after the first generation, anyway.

Now, IIRC there was some horrible game breaking bug with this. Maybe something to do with them joining other civs and then becoming instantly hostile when on the map? I dont really remember. Good luck and report all the horrible game breaking bugs!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: November 06, 2020, 05:59:56 am »

yeah, night creatures and even megabeasts get horribly broken if they actually manage to join a civ, tho it's most common with night trolls thanks to them being weird and sometimes keeping their old jobs after conversion.

It's not even TOTALLY limited to when they're on map, tho that's the most common place for them to go out of control. I made a minotaur civ while forgetting to turn off their semimegabeast tag once and when looking through legends viewer some of their forts were basically in a constant tantrum spiral. I think the way it works is they function like normal members of society in worldgen until they decide to go on a rampage, then they pick the nearest town to rampage in, which is the one they're living in.

Either way if they show up at your fort get ready for kinda depressing !!FUN!!. As soon as they reach your tavern and ask for a drink or something they'll scare your dwarves, and anyone who isn't so scared they just run away will attack and murder them, often with the poor visitor not even fighting back because their AI currently thinks they're just a civilian.
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 372