Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682372 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4695 on: June 23, 2020, 09:02:35 pm »

Does anyone know the upper limits of [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER]? And does [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER] conflicts with regular [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER]? I'm trying to make a creature using GENERAL to make it immune to everything except one specific material.

I add SPREAD_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER and NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER to kobolds for testing purposes. Why they don't spread evil surroundings and don't create experiments?
I change site type to PLAYER_FORTRESS, so they build hillocks everywhere, but don't spread evil and create experiments.

My guess is that kobold caves are hidden from world view and can't spread evil because it would reveal its location. If kobolds could build towers for example, they may be able to spread evil from there. Experimenter may be the same but I'm not sure why.
You've ensured they have demon masters, right?
Evil spreads depending on the demon's sphere (not all of them do it).

Also, Toady's description of how necromancer's do it is that it's based on the number of zombie populations in the map squares around the Tower. Do your kobolds make zombies?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: June 23, 2020, 10:47:31 pm »

kobolds lack the canspeak tag.  a lot of civ and fort-level interactions rely upon:

1) being intelligent
2) being able to speak

wouldnt be totally surprised if they cant mage because they cant speak.  And as for the sites . . . kobolds themselves arent evil, so i dont think they can spread evil?  or else their hidden cave sites don't count as applicable sites for this purpose.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: June 24, 2020, 04:26:47 am »

Also experiments are made by specific necromancers or demons, not by "civs". If you have neither (and you won't have necromancers as your Kobolds can't speak) you probably won't get those either.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: June 24, 2020, 09:24:34 am »

Also experiments are made by specific necromancers or demons, not by "civs". If you have neither (and you won't have necromancers as your Kobolds can't speak) you probably won't get those either.
Histfigs will make experiments or not?
kobolds lack the canspeak tag.  a lot of civ and fort-level interactions rely upon:

1) being intelligent
2) being able to speak

wouldnt be totally surprised if they cant mage because they cant speak.  And as for the sites . . . kobolds themselves arent evil, so i dont think they can spread evil?  or else their hidden cave sites don't count as applicable sites for this purpose.
I add them third caste that can speak. Need they [EVIL] token?
Does anyone know the upper limits of [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER]? And does [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER] conflicts with regular [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER]? I'm trying to make a creature using GENERAL to make it immune to everything except one specific material.

I add SPREAD_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER and NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER to kobolds for testing purposes. Why they don't spread evil surroundings and don't create experiments?
I change site type to PLAYER_FORTRESS, so they build hillocks everywhere, but don't spread evil and create experiments.

My guess is that kobold caves are hidden from world view and can't spread evil because it would reveal its location. If kobolds could build towers for example, they may be able to spread evil from there. Experimenter may be the same but I'm not sure why.
You've ensured they have demon masters, right?
Evil spreads depending on the demon's sphere (not all of them do it).

Also, Toady's description of how necromancer's do it is that it's based on the number of zombie populations in the map squares around the Tower. Do your kobolds make zombies?
Demon masters? They all are civ with experiment powers. Any of their ruler must spread spheres. If I understand tokens right.

What spheres can change surroundings?

Currently they don't. I can add them zombies, but how demons do this without zombies?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4699 on: June 25, 2020, 09:29:51 am »

It might require spheres in order to spread, either that or it is indeed required for the spreader to be a caster with knowledge associated with a particular sphere or a demon lord.

The spheres that definitely spread evil seem to be most of the negative ones - death, chaos, nightmares, disease/blight/muck, deformity, and I'd think ones like darkness and a few others would spread evil as well.
I don't think the effects are 100% guaranteed but nightmare evil biomes would have bogeymen attacking you if you're alone IIRC, death would have reanimation, blight would have dead trees and plant life, deformity might have evil grass, etc. Chaos demon lords can also create their own types of experiment creatures even if they don't have the NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER token.

You'd have to ask Toady what the exact effects are, though, these are just my observations, so they may be wrong.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: June 25, 2020, 09:45:38 am »

no, giving them a death god might be a good idea
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: June 25, 2020, 08:50:49 pm »

What positions have hardcoded properties? Like MONARCH will appear to metropolis.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: June 26, 2020, 09:47:33 am »

What positions have hardcoded properties? Like MONARCH will appear to metropolis.

Ruler should be in "capital", otherwise you can specify sumber of positions per site with [SITE] and [NUMBER], or [REQUIRES_MARKET] makes it so the position appears only in higher-tier sites (towns, fortressess, not hillocks). [REQUIRES_POPULATION] can be useful.

Positions aren't really hardcoded, you can mod them quite specifically. Only the procedurally generated ones ([VARIABLE_POSITIONS]) are pretty much fixed.

You should keep in mind which sites your civ builds when modding positions, as these can bring different results.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: June 26, 2020, 10:15:04 pm »

the bit about zombie population for necromancers got me thinking is that limited to if the interaction uses the reanimate interaction or what?
like if I make an custom necromancer adventurer create a camp then have the mass produce teeth zombies would that spread an evil biome?
does the zombies can be just normal reanimated and transformed living units that just don't have souls?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: June 26, 2020, 10:57:56 pm »

teeth zombies
wait you can reanimate teeth? good god i need to try this....
tried to balance a mod, once upon a time, fell and scraped my knee, ain't doing that again.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: June 26, 2020, 11:38:41 pm »

teeth zombies
wait you can reanimate teeth? good god i need to try this....
For reanimating teeth you need to small change and interaction code.

ProbablyRed

• Bay Watcher
  • Real Human Bean
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: June 27, 2020, 10:34:42 am »

Can one give a creature a negative [PETVALUE]? and if so, what are the effects thereof?

Dubya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: June 27, 2020, 09:16:04 pm »

Just wanted to post a fix for the "Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect" error that I couldn't find in the forums. The body part with the [UPPERBODY] tag needs to be at the top of the body plan list.

For instance:

Code: [Select]
[BODY:MUSHROOM_HUMANOID]
[BP:CAP:cap:STP[CONTYPE:HEAD][CATEGORY:CAP][SKELETON]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1250]
[BP:HD:head:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]
[BP:UB:upper stalk:STP][UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER]
[BP:LB:lower stalk:STP][CON:UB][LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
[BP:RUA_J:right shoulder:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:100]
[BP:LUA_J:left shoulder:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:100]
[BP:RLA:right arm:STP][CON:RUA_J][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200]
[BP:LLA:left arm:STP][CON:LUA_J][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200]
[BP:RH_J:right wrist:STP][CON:RH][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:50]
[BP:LH_J:left wrist:STP][CON:LH][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:50]
[BP:RH:right hand:STP][CON:RLA][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:90]
[BP:LH:left hand:STP][CON:LLA][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:90]
[BP:RUL_J:right hip:STP][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][LIMB][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]
[BP:LUL_J:left hip:STP][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][LIMB][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]
[BP:RLG:right leg:STP][CON:RUL_J][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:150]
[BP:LLG:left leg:STP][CON:LUL_J][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:150]
[BP:RF:right stump:STP][CON:RLG][STANCE][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:80]
[BP:LF:left stump:STP][CON:LLG][STANCE][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:80]

will NOT work, because the [UPPERBODY] tagged upper stalk part is not first in the list. Also likely is that the hands wouldn't work if posted before the arms, nor the feet before the legs etc. Probably common knowledge and a pretty dumb thing to beat your head against for hours, but the eureka moment is a nice reward.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4708 on: June 27, 2020, 10:51:30 pm »

Can one give a creature a negative [PETVALUE]? and if so, what are the effects thereof?

You can trade/embark with them "getting" points/money, however trying to sell them you lose money trying to get rid of them. I think you can use -1 for free animals

Just wanted to post a fix for the "Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect" error that I couldn't find in the forums. The body part with the [UPPERBODY] tag needs to be at the top of the body plan list.

For instance:

--snip--

will NOT work, because the [UPPERBODY] tagged upper stalk part is not first in the list. Also likely is that the hands wouldn't work if posted before the arms, nor the feet before the legs etc. Probably common knowledge and a pretty dumb thing to beat your head against for hours, but the eureka moment is a nice reward.

[UPPERBODY] doesn't need to be the 1st part, at all. Order of event is very important. However the very 1st body part added is the core of the creature, where the soul is. Basically the 1st part can never be severed as it's the anchor of the creature.

Most if not all Body plans UPPERBODY is the 1st part yes, but that's because the idea is that it's the largest part of any living thing (and the most important) so having someone hit you in the upperbody and it goes flying off in an arc to DF would be weird (altho many movies, and games have had moments of this) but to DF it's the core and the soul.

other than the rant, if you want the neck to attach to the upperbody, well the upperbody needs to exist 1st (even if it's not the 1st part, but it has to be defined and added before the neck)

so why yours didn't work (snipped section) you have the cap saying attach to the head, when no head has been defined. there is no part defined for it to attach to so it goes "well fudge can't connect"

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: June 27, 2020, 10:55:48 pm »

I add to modded kobolds copy of dwarven king and change site to dwarven fortress, so now they can create experiments without necromancy. But they don't  spread evil. When I test several worlds with generated positions and dark fortress, they spread evil in one world. What positions I need to add for spreading evil not from civ-start demon? 
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 372