Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682508 times)

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4650 on: May 28, 2020, 06:55:58 pm »

How do I restrict entities to producing say bronze or iron weaponry? I'm making a CIV-inspired mod where eras (entries in this case) are limited by weapon-grade metals. modifying inorganic_metal.txt might be enough, but I want specific entities, not all of them. I'm using HAS_ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT to limit them.

Code: [Select]

[REACTION:MAKE_IRON_DAGGER]
[NAME:make iron dagger]
[BUILDING:METALSMITH:CUSTOM_T]
[REAGENT:A:1:BAR:INORGANIC:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:IRON_AGE_WEAPONRY_DAGGER]

In the product, if you want to use the reagent's material itself, use NONE instead of a reaction product class (TAN_MAT in this example).

[PRODUCT:100:1:GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT:A:IRON_AGE_WEAPONRY_DAGGER]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]

What you have to do is remove all the [PERMITTED_REACTION:metal_MAKING] tags from the entity. so only [PERMITTED_REACTION:BRONZE_MAKING] remains. that way the civ will be restricted to bronze and copper.

A different, but similar trick I've figured out is to try making specific metals which are that-civ-only (say, maybe something like [ANCIENT_BRONZE] or [IRON_AGE].) Here are the related changes for the elf metal I made for my elf civ using this method.

In entity_default I added:
[PERMITTED_REACTION:ELF_METAL_MAKING] to the elf civ. (Do NOT add it to any other civs.)

In inorganic_metal:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In reaction_other:
[REACTION:ELF_METAL_MAKING]
   [NAME:make elfblade]
   [PRODUCT:100:9:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:ELF_METAL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:CARPENTRY]

The only bugs I'm working out is the fact that somehow elfblade appears as a metal in the metalsmith's forge menu, and you can make stuff out of it by melting elf weapons (doesn't happen in worldgen, though.)
Just change the name from [ELF_METAL] to something like [ANCIENT_BRONZE] and it should work, so long as you add everything mentioned here. No need to go too in-depth with the reaction system so long as you know what you're doing!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:04:22 pm by AshTheTiefling »
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: May 28, 2020, 07:12:51 pm »

Whats a good way to make a ranged material emission without a syndrome? When I try to make one it seems to do as much damage as a nerf gun does to a tank.

EDIT: So in my mod I have a race of mutant humans, theres regular humans and a bunch of different castes. Whats a good way to seperate the regular humans from the default humans? (other than stuff like names, I mean from a flavour perspective)

EDIT2: Also my syndromes dont seem to do anything? Can someone see what I've done wrong in this logs? According to the object testing arena they have gotten the syndromes.

[OBJECT:INORGANIC]

[INORGANIC:ADOM_LIGHTNING]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:ADOM_BOLT]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:elemental lightning]
[STATE_NAME_NAME:ALL:elemental lightning]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:3:0:1]
[SPECIAL]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:elemental lightning shock]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:1:PEAK:500:END:500]
[CE_BLISTERS:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:1:PEAK:500:END:500]
[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:1:PEAK:500:END:500]

[INORGANIC:ADOM_ICE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:elemental ice]
[STATE_NAME_NAME:ALL:elemental ice]
[SPECIAL]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:elemental ice freezing]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:1:PEAK:500:END:500]
[CE_BLISTERS:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:1:PEAK:500:END:500]
[CE_BRUISING:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:1:PEAK:500:END:500]

[INORGANIC:ADOM_WATER]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:elemental water]
[STATE_NAME_NAME:ALL:elemental water]
[SPECIAL]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:elemental water scalding]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[CE_BLISTERS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:1:PEAK:500:END:500]
[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:1:PEAK:500:END:500]

[INORGANIC:ADOM_ACID]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:ADOM_ACID]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:elemental acid]
[STATE_NAME_NAME:ALL:elemental acid]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:2:0:0]
[SPECIAL]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:elemental acid burns]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[CE_BLISTERS:SEV:150:PROB:100:START:1:PEAK:100:END:500]
[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:150:PROB:100:START:1:PEAK:500:END:500]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:31:10 pm by UselessMcMiner »
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: May 29, 2020, 03:24:06 pm »

On the lightning one you'll need to add SYN_INHALED and SYN_CONTACT below SYN_INJECTED unless it's being injected into a wound by bite or sting attack or something, and for each of the syndrome effects except CE_PARALYSIS you'll have to add body part info. If you're doing liquid globs that boil, it will only ever be inhaled, so youll have to directly target certain body parts you want to affect, so adding something along the lines of BP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:ALL to target any part that is part of the "HEAD" category, and will affect ALL tissue layer on the part, or BP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:SKIN will target any body part that has the STANCE tag (all feet and hooves, TAIL_STANCE on legless animal people etc), but only affect tissue layers that have the ID "SKIN", for example. if it's being created as a vapor-flow or liquid glob but doesnt boil, you can use LOCALIZED and any body part that gets a coating of it will be affected. Solid globs wont result in the material being left behind so they wont trigger syndromes. Adding VASCULAR_ONLY will make sure only tissue layers which can bleed will be targeted (so hooves, teeth, horns etc won't be affected)

You can target multiple body parts simultaneously within one effect by just having one after the other like; BP:BY_TYPE:GRASP:ALL:BP:BY_CATEGORY:TENTACLE:ALL:BP:BY_TYPE:SIGHT:ALL:VASCULAR_ONLY
will target all hands or other grasping parts, tentacles that dont have the grasp tag, and all eyes, but will only affect tissues that have blood in them.

Make note that your BLEEDING severities as they are now will cause fatal bloodloss even on only one or two small body parts. If you keep the severity low like 1-5 then the blood loss can be survivable for most species on most body parts if only a couple are affected, but duration also counts, so minor bleeding across the long duration could result in guaranteed death anyway. TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW emissions tend to cover every external body part, so even a severity of 1 would be fatal, that's basically like super-ebola anyway.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 03:28:21 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: May 29, 2020, 04:12:34 pm »

How do I restrict entities to producing say bronze or iron weaponry? I'm making a CIV-inspired mod where eras (entries in this case) are limited by weapon-grade metals. modifying inorganic_metal.txt might be enough, but I want specific entities, not all of them. I'm using HAS_ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT to limit them.

[REACTION:MAKE_IRON_DAGGER]
[NAME:make iron dagger]
[BUILDING:METALSMITH:CUSTOM_T]
[REAGENT:A:1:BAR:INORGANIC:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:IRON_AGE_WEAPONRY_DAGGER]

In the product, if you want to use the reagent's material itself, use NONE instead of a reaction product class (TAN_MAT in this example).

[PRODUCT:100:1:GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT:A:IRON_AGE_WEAPONRY_DAGGER]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]

What you have to do is remove all the [PERMITTED_REACTION:metal_MAKING] tags from the entity. so only [PERMITTED_REACTION:BRONZE_MAKING] remains. that way the civ will be restricted to bronze and copper.

A different, but similar trick I've figured out is to try making specific metals which are that-civ-only (say, maybe something like [ANCIENT_BRONZE] or [IRON_AGE].) Here are the related changes for the elf metal I made for my elf civ using this method.

In entity_default I added:
[PERMITTED_REACTION:ELF_METAL_MAKING] to the elf civ. (Do NOT add it to any other civs.)

In inorganic_metal:

In reaction_other:
[REACTION:ELF_METAL_MAKING]
   [NAME:make elfblade]
   [PRODUCT:100:9:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:ELF_METAL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:CARPENTRY]

The only bugs I'm working out is the fact that somehow elfblade appears as a metal in the metalsmith's forge menu, and you can make stuff out of it by melting elf weapons (doesn't happen in worldgen, though.)
Just change the name from [ELF_METAL] to something like [ANCIENT_BRONZE] and it should work, so long as you add everything mentioned here. No need to go too in-depth with the reaction system so long as you know what you're doing!

Ok. Now another one. How do you get civs to make stone weapons only/make non-metallic weaponry? Again, I'm using HAS_ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT. I'm inspired by a mod by the name of Tribal Fortress.

reaction_civ0.txt
[REACTION:MAKE_STONE_AXE]
[NAME:make stone axe]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_T]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE:NONE]
[b][HAS_ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:STONE_WEAPONRY][/b]
[REAGENT:B:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]

[PRODUCT:100:1:GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT:A:STONE_WEAPONRY]
[SKILL:STONECRAFT]

inorganic_stone_layer.txt:
[INORGANIC:CHERT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:chert][DISPLAY_COLOR:6:7:0][TILE:'=']
[SEDIMENTARY]
[IS_STONE]
[MELTING_POINT:13101]
[SOLID_DENSITY:2650]
[b][ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:STONE_WEAPONRY:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE:STONE_TEMPLATE:BOULDER][/b]
[ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:STONE_WEAPONRY2:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR:STONE_TEMPLATE:BOULDER]
[ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:STONE_WEAPONRY3:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MACE:STONE_TEMPLATE:BOULDER]
[ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:STONE_WEAPONRY4:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS:STONE_TEMPLATE:BOULDER]

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 05:39:10 pm by ArrowheadArcher »

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: June 03, 2020, 02:36:36 am »

Ok. Now another one. How do you get civs to make stone weapons only/make non-metallic weaponry? Again, I'm using HAS_ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT. I'm inspired by a mod by the name of Tribal Fortress.
Hmm. It seems like you have it almost all sorted out. Add [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_STONE_AXE]... and so forth to your civ, remove Metal_Pref and it should work out. Civs have a tendency to use whatever they can get so make sure your permitted reactions are consistent with the name in the reaction file.
So sorry, but you'll have to get someone else's input on the specifics of reactions. I'm only confident with modding civs, creatures, and the occasional plant, using the [PERMITTED_REACTION] system is what I know works for me.
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4655 on: June 03, 2020, 08:35:16 am »

Rock weapons the old way, without mat_reac_prod new tag.
Using [REACTION_CLASS:EDGEDWEAPONROCK] for flint-like minerals.

==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: June 03, 2020, 02:29:13 pm »

Spoiler: cave civ (click to show/hide)

These checky little bugger have steel, i cant pinpoint why since I didnt give them the reactions to make it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: June 03, 2020, 02:39:58 pm »

Is there some plant or animal in their environment that can provide steel without a reaction?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Borzoi

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:long snouts]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: June 03, 2020, 03:19:00 pm »

Will adding [INTELLIGENT] to a megabeast like a dragon cause it to stop the typical megabeast behaviors? I.E. raiding sites and racking up kills.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: June 03, 2020, 03:34:50 pm »

Will adding [INTELLIGENT] to a megabeast like a dragon cause it to stop the typical megabeast behaviors? I.E. raiding sites and racking up kills.

No, giants, ettins, cyclopes and minotaurs are all intelligent, and I have a modded intelligent megabeast, same behavior regardless. Youd have to make a non-megabeast intelligent duplicate.
I make Spellcrafts!

Borzoi

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:long snouts]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: June 03, 2020, 03:44:31 pm »

No, giants, ettins, cyclopes and minotaurs are all intelligent, and I have a modded intelligent megabeast, same behavior regardless. Youd have to make a non-megabeast intelligent duplicate.
Ah, thanks! Having the intelligent megabeast still have that behavior is the intended effect, though, so I'm glad it's the case.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: June 03, 2020, 05:12:35 pm »

Is there some plant or animal in their environment that can provide steel without a reaction?
no, nothing extradinary like that, but they also have access to things like bismuth bronze.  Which isnt supposed to happen according to the raws.  So Im thinking either a big or an undocumented feature wherein these cavern bound critters can knowledge share.  Maybe as a result of having surface dwelling animal men?  Or a really cool king?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: June 03, 2020, 05:57:41 pm »

Are there other entities defined in the same file? One with these reactions? Maybe this one is getting these reactions from a missing bracket on the ENTITY:x token on one of them, causing the definitions to run together? Are there any other oddities or entities that aren't showing up?

I wouldn't suspect an undocumented feature, the regular subterranean animal people's dont have extra reactions they shouldn't, right?
I make Spellcrafts!

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: June 07, 2020, 01:12:09 pm »

So there is a species of dwarf called Deep Dwarves in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup that can't regenerate any damage done to them, but they have an ability to heal themselves (I'll probably make this an interaction) and can resist damage. How could I make a similar species?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: June 07, 2020, 01:16:18 pm »

by adding an interaction to a copypasta of dwarves and setting their recuperation to 0:0:0:0:0:0  (should probs set to 1 though for worldgen's sake) and then add an interaction to heal wounds at whatever severity youd like.

Are there other entities defined in the same file? One with these reactions? Maybe this one is getting these reactions from a missing bracket on the ENTITY:x token on one of them, causing the definitions to run together? Are there any other oddities or entities that aren't showing up?

I wouldn't suspect an undocumented feature, the regular subterranean animal people's dont have extra reactions they shouldn't, right?
none that i saw.....
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 372