Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682743 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4560 on: May 09, 2020, 05:30:12 am »

About clowns
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CohentheBarbarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: May 09, 2020, 08:25:04 am »

If I had a tree named elfwood how would an enforce reaction look?

Having the permitted job, Furnace Operator, And if the civ you're embarking as, the homeland is on land that has metal.
EDIT: Also that and having a reaction that gives a BAR product, which in most cases civs always can use BRONZE, and other alloys, and dwarves will also have access to STEEL and BRONZE and all Alloys
Aye, can have dummy reactions to command civ, like in Deon's Genesis:

KassaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: May 09, 2020, 09:22:53 am »

Hi,

Do you know why sometimes, when I generate a new world after I updated the entity_default file, all my custom additions are not displayed in the game ?

Each time I edit the entity_default, I remove all my saves and I generate a new world.

Sometimes it's ok, but sometimes I can't see all my additions (custom workshops) and I need to generate new world multiple times.

As if the game doesn’t take my changes every time, but I don't know why ?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: May 09, 2020, 09:34:26 am »

Hi,

Do you know why sometimes, when I generate a new world after I updated the entity_default file, all my custom additions are not displayed in the game ?

Each time I edit the entity_default, I remove all my saves and I generate a new world.

Sometimes it's ok, but sometimes I can't see all my additions (custom workshops) and I need to generate new world multiple times.

As if the game doesn’t take my changes every time, but I don't know why ?

Well... That's weird. New worlds take data from raw...

How many playable civs do you have? If it's more than one, it is possible that some entities have not all buildings and reactions in their code. There should be no randomness in this, if they have permitted workshop, they should be able to build it. I would check the raws, it happens quite often to me that I generate a world before adding a permitted reaction to a civ, so I can't test it, and have to generate new one because of one missing line in the entity file.

KassaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: May 09, 2020, 09:49:34 am »

I have only the vanillas civs and only dwarfs are playable, but I have multiple dwarfs civs.

There is no missing line I think in entity because after re generate a world (maybe multiples times) it's ok, without any new change in my entity_defaut.

I checked the entity_default file in my save folder and I can see all my additions, but IG there is nothing.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: May 09, 2020, 10:25:04 am »

The civs are all from one entity?

Because if there are multiple entities that are playable and very similar to each other, you can't easily tell them apart on the embark screen.

KassaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: May 09, 2020, 10:37:57 am »

Because if there are multiple entities that are playable and very similar to each other, you can't easily tell them apart on the embark screen.

I think so, I didn't modify my entity_default a lot, except for add things under ENTITY:MOUNTAIN

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: May 09, 2020, 10:58:15 am »

I think so, I didn't modify my entity_default a lot, except for add things under ENTITY:MOUNTAIN

If so, I have no idea what's happening. Workshops and reactions should be always present in the fort mode...

KassaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: May 09, 2020, 11:17:50 am »

Thanks for help anyway !

I can add more information, is someone can have an idea :

I have installed Modest Mod (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174231.0), SpellCraft (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=149426.0) and other things I added is custom workhops and custom reactions.

So each time I update the entity_default, and add 2 files : building_xxxx and reaction_xxxx

When I generate a new world, apparently the SpellCraft mod is always enabled, I think modest too.

But other things sometimes not.

Edit : Thanks you @Quaksna, my bad, SpellCraft add another dwarf entity, I missed that. So you right !
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 11:39:51 am by KassaK »

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: May 09, 2020, 10:42:42 pm »

How do you add a class to a creature variation? Just typing in [CREATURE_CLASS:...] Doesn't apply that class to all creatures with the variation, I just get an error code.

I'm trying to fix an issue caused by using classes to define what animals an entity can domesticate. If I added the class to an animal with giant and sentient forms, say, a fox, the civ ends up 'domesticating' giant foxes and fox men as well.

You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: May 10, 2020, 09:15:51 am »

Can I make people not move into certain civs? I'm tired of [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] modded civs causing massacres when spawning in them in adventure mode.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: May 10, 2020, 04:57:43 pm »

How do you add a class to a creature variation? Just typing in [CREATURE_CLASS:...] Doesn't apply that class to all creatures with the variation, I just get an error code.

I'm trying to fix an issue caused by using classes to define what animals an entity can domesticate. If I added the class to an animal with giant and sentient forms, say, a fox, the civ ends up 'domesticating' giant foxes and fox men as well.

Its a problem with 'Giant' and 'Man' forms of these creatures copying over all the tags (tokens) from the base creature, and then applying a specific creature variation to add/remove/convert some of those tags.  The problem you are having is that the creature variations don't account for your new CREATURE_CLASS token.  We can fix that.

In the RAW file c_variation_default, we need to slightly modify the following three entries:
  • CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON
  • CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON_LEGLESS
  • CREATURE_VARIATION:GIANT

It might seem that we could add another CV_REMOVE_TAG entry to these variations, using it to remove the CREATURE_CLASS tag, but that would remove all of the creature classes from the variant forms, and we don't want that (it could screw up some of the interactions and syndromes in the game, such as poisons).  Instead, probably the safest method would be to use a CV_CONVERT_TAG entry to alter the creature class.

All you need to do is add another CV_CONVERT_TAG series to each of those entries using your custom creature class as the argument.  For example, if your creature class is

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE_CLASS:ASHTHETIEFLING]
Then we could add the following to each of those creature variation entries listed above:

[CV_CONVERT_TAG]
[CVCT_MASTER:CREATURE_CLASS]
[CVCT_TARGET:ASHTHETIEFLING]
[CVCT_REPLACEMENT:ASHTHETIEFLING_NEW]

Doing this would change the creature class from the one you specified for domestication, to a new creature class of your choosing.  The new coverted creature class could we one that already exists, or a completely new one if you like.

_____

If you don't want to mess with having the variations possessing a converted creature class, and want to remove the custom creature class from the variations entirely, I think this can be done using the conditional remove tag token, CV_REMOVE_CTAG. I've personally never used it but I think I know how it works. I would want to experiment myself first or have someone more experienced weigh in on it before giving you suggestions on how to use first, though.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 05:11:45 pm by Wannabehero »

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: May 10, 2020, 05:58:08 pm »

Its a problem with 'Giant' and 'Man' forms of these creatures copying over all the tags (tokens) from the base creature, and then applying a specific creature variation to add/remove/convert some of those tags.  The problem you are having is that the creature variations don't account for your new CREATURE_CLASS token.  We can fix that.

In the RAW file c_variation_default, we need to slightly modify the following three entries:
  • CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON
  • CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON_LEGLESS
  • CREATURE_VARIATION:GIANT

It might seem that we could add another CV_REMOVE_TAG entry to these variations, using it to remove the CREATURE_CLASS tag, but that would remove all of the creature classes from the variant forms, and we don't want that (it could screw up some of the interactions and syndromes in the game, such as poisons).  Instead, probably the safest method would be to use a CV_CONVERT_TAG entry to alter the creature class.

All you need to do is add another CV_CONVERT_TAG series to each of those entries using your custom creature class as the argument.  For example, if your creature class is

[CREATURE_CLASS:ASHTHETIEFLING]
Then we could add the following to each of those creature variation entries listed above:

[CV_CONVERT_TAG]
[CVCT_MASTER:CREATURE_CLASS]
[CVCT_TARGET:ASHTHETIEFLING]
[CVCT_REPLACEMENT:ASHTHETIEFLING_NEW]

Doing this would change the creature class from the one you specified for domestication, to a new creature class of your choosing.  The new coverted creature class could we one that already exists, or a completely new one if you like.

_____

If you don't want to mess with having the variations possessing a converted creature class, and want to remove the custom creature class from the variations entirely, I think this can be done using the conditional remove tag token, CV_REMOVE_CTAG. I've personally never used it but I think I know how it works. I would want to experiment myself first or have someone more experienced weigh in on it before giving you suggestions on how to use first, though.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if there was a way to reference classes in the creature variation doc. I've created multiple classes for domestication (human, dwarf, and elf) specifying all of the classes should work, I'll post here if it doesn't work out.

Can I make people not move into certain civs? I'm tired of [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] modded civs causing massacres when spawning in them in adventure mode.

Hmm. I dunno, if you're okay with making your [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] civs item theives, that might work... still, they could recruit kobolds, but adding the [NOT_LIVING] tag to kobolds would negate the massacre. Anyway, you can make slavery UNTHINKABLE in your ethics so when they take over sites they don't kidnap people, and adding [BABYSNATCHER] is a definite no. I'm not experienced enough to give specific advice, though.
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: May 12, 2020, 04:49:29 am »

So, I wanna make a nifty purple dye out of a creature's eggs and have no idea on how to go about that. It's pretty easy to do it with plants, but has anyone here succeed in making dye out of other materials?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4574 on: May 12, 2020, 06:55:59 am »

So, I wanna make a nifty purple dye out of a creature's eggs and have no idea on how to go about that. It's pretty easy to do it with plants, but has anyone here succeed in making dye out of other materials?
Inside the creature definition,
Further help is available here: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Reaction
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 06:58:11 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 372